BatMafia - Town wins!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

BatMafia - Town wins!

Post by Linkman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 am

Madness, as you know, is like gravity, all it takes is a little push.

Alive Players:

1. Bonesy
2. HPD
3. Sven
4. Dragonite
5. MysteriousLad
6. scraggypunk
7. pkdragon
8. Q7
9. Terragent

Town Roles:

Batman(1): The Batman is a limitless shot vigilante.

Mafia Roles:

Joker(1): The Joker acts a Mafia cop; he can inspect a player every night and find out whether or not he/she is Batman.

This is a closed setup. There might be other roles such as doctor, cop, framer, roleblocker, etc. This information is not available to you.

Rules:

- All night actions take effect simultaneously, regardless of incoming order.
- Roles have been determined by randomizing the name list.
- Abstention is not a valid vote. You either vote to lynch someone or to not lynch for the day.
- A tie during day phase will result in an extension. If the tie remains, the result is No Lynch.
- A day phase ends automatically when majority is reached.
- Inactivity might mean DQs at the discretion of the host.

Go!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Re: BatMafia

Post by Bonesy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:20 am

is jamaican batman the batmon

Pkdragon

Re: BatMafia - Day 1

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:22 am

and

here

we

go
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:46 pm

so how many clowns are in this setup?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Lynch: HPD
Obviously role-fishing already, pretty evidently not a member of the Gotham civil resistance.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:22 pm

OH! OOOOOOHHH!!! Pointing the FINGER OF BLAME ALREADY MysteriousLard?! How TYPICAL! In AAALLL MY TIME in the GPD, I've never seen someone show up at SOOO many crime scenes and get home ALL SQUEKY CLEAN LIKE! I DON'T BY IT MR. MENTALLAD!!!

THE SPRING OF '32! The "natural" DEATH of Barbara Lad, YIR SISTER MINTALSLADY!!! That's how they start! THAT'S HOW THEY AAALLL START!! Ya kill someone close to ya and killin' dem politicians AIN'T SO HARD ANYMORE HUH?! You may have tricked first-day-on-the-job, stick-up-his-own-butt Mike Wazoski, BUT NOOOOTTT ME NOOOSIREE!

*LYNCH: MYSTERIOUSLAD*
BUY GOLD

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 pm

need PM

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 pm

For some reason your role PM didn't send. Fixed!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:06 am

Lynch Bonesy

I demand doggos.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:13 am

5 votes is majority of course.

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:33 am

[Lynch] Sven

no doggo 4 u

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 am

making me choose between sven and bonesy

damn you, being x
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 am

No Lynch for now, honestly it's day one folks. :\

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:47 am

Vote Tally:

Sven - 1 (Bonesy)
HPD - 1 (Lad)
Bonesy - 1 (Sven)
Lad - 1 (Q7)
No Lynch - 1 (Terragent)

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:11 pm

the bonesy i know and love would give me a doggo

let it enter the record that bonesy is acting SUSPICIOUS

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 pm

after discussing this with bonesy i have found he is not acting suspicious

Lynch Mysterious Lad

hpd is a beautiful innocent man

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Let it be known my internet connection turned up crappier then expected. Schmallenberg, Sauerland, look it up >_>

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 pm

no lynch

seventh brave strategem go!

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Terragent wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 am
No Lynch for now, honestly it's day one folks. :\
How does no lynching on day one make any sense though?

It means we start tomorrow with even less information. If someone flips and others don't push anymore that means we can't actually piece together any associative evidence.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:51 am

Will regain regular keyboard and usual wifi in two days.

Anyway, the whole bat/joker thing means that to a degree speed is to the towns advantage, before bat gets sniffed out. On the other hand, protection for him may or may not exist?

Also, limitless shots. We can only hope ML isn't batman looking at the last time somebody gave him such power >_>

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:02 am

the thought of ml behind the mask of the bat is enough to make any sane minded gothamite shudder

i recommend we institute a superhero registration act at once

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm

exactly. we must lycnh the mlad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 pm

mysterious lad will you sign my superhero registration act?

gotham must be cleansed of it's masked vigilante problem

@mysteriouslad

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:24 pm

When Mexico sends its vigilantes, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending vigilantes that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good vigilantes.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 pm

@mysteriouslad

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm

real talk tho: i'm not nearly ready to end the round, there's at least a few people who have barely talked, myself included (crumpets posting is not talking).so i don't want to commit to any real vote yet. i feel like no lynch is relatively safe to bide my time on because it would be a pretty bad option for the mafia to push, themselves, and sane townies shouldn't want to rush the discussion phase until at the very least everyone has posted

some more ideas on how to best deal with this "batman" would be nice too -joker isn't nearly as interesting, because he's just mafia as usual for the most part. batman changes the potential flow of the game, though practically he won't be that much different than your usual vigilante. but, unlike our usual vigilante, he's all we got (that we know of).

see you tomorrow evening glhf

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Pkdragon wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm
(crumpets posting is not talking)
I BEG TO DIFFER

Really though, just a quick plea to the Batman. If we lynch a civ today (which we hopefully won't), then mafia kills a civ at night, then you lose a 50/50 dice roll and kill another civ, the game will already be over by Day 2.
BUY GOLD

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:48 pm

lynch q7

how do you know the game will be over on day 2 do you know how many mafia there are i dont know how many mafia there are but you sure seem to are you the traitor i think youre the traitor q7

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Pkdragon wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:48 pm
lynch q7

how do you know the game will be over on day 2 do you know how many mafia there are i dont know how many mafia there are but you sure seem to are you the traitor i think youre the traitor q7
Because four would be too many and one would be way too few?

There are nine people in this game and more than half of them are civs, there's not exactly a wealth of numbers to pull from.

So there are either two or three, and my money is on three. But you know what? Sure. Telling you how many mafia there are is all part of my master plan. You got me.

Lynch Q7
BUY GOLD

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:08 am

QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm
So there are either two or three, and my money is on three. But you know what? Sure. Telling you how many mafia there are is all part of my master plan. You got me.
Sarcasm is obviously a good counterargument.

Lynch Q7
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:34 am

HPD wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:08 am
QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:
Sarcasm is obviously a good counterargument.

Lynch Q7
Ignoring half of my argument isn't a good counterargument. So allow me to fix that for you.
QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:
Pkdragon wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:48 pm
lynch q7

Because four would be too many and one would be way too few?

There are nine people in this game and more than half of them are civs, there's not exactly a wealth of numbers to pull from.
Let's not pretend the number of mafia in this game is some mystic unknowable. I will concede that I was too quick to assume it had to be three, but that isn't the point of my original post. A vigilante with infinite shots can destroy the town in the wrong hands. I would advise the Batman treat his or her role the same way they would a normal, one-shot vigilante and know that being too hasty can disrupt the town very quickly.

And so you don't think I'm deflecting, PK has convinced me that a two-person mafia is more likely than I assumed. I fully concede to being wrong on that.
BUY GOLD

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:41 am

err doesn't the rules say there is only one mafia character
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:26 am

scraggypunk wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:41 am
err doesn't the rules say there is only one mafia character
Not necessarily, the rules reveal one mafia role, the Joker. Linkman stated, in blond; (Edit: Bold; (I blame autocorrect))
Linkman wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 am
This is a closed setup. There might be other roles such as doctor, cop, framer, roleblocker, etc. This information is not available to you.
This specifically mentions mafia roles like the framer and roleblocker, so the number of mafia members is left intentionally vague.
BUY GOLD

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 am

guys i think sven is the penguin

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:04 am

please call him oswald cobblepot

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:53 am

can confirm penguins

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:38 am

Lynch HPD

An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that HPD’s Administrator certificate is a fraud.

We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for my Admin inauguration, and there will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars. All the dress shops are sold out in Wars World. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.

My posting has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:22 am

well that is a pretty convincing argument

do you have a counter argument hillarypsychodreamer

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:23 am

agreed, lynch hpd is the morally right thing to do
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:22 pm

this is all fake news