Quantum dog mafia! Town wins!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Quantum dog mafia! Town wins!

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Narts wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 pm
Linky is lynched day 2, should cause Bonesy to lose possible mafia status (since he would've killed linky night 2, before lynch).
This causes universes 1, 2 and 3 to become impossible.
So is lynching quantum ghosts supposed to be legal or not legal?

It may seem paradoxical, but so does quantum ghosts taking part in the voting, so which is it?

It seems to me the software simply doesn't consider it a paradox and we should take that as the normal way the rules work.

As for the alpha dog, I thought alpha status was inherited, so when the original alpha dog (pk) died scraggy became the alpha for the subsequent nights.
Apparently, for the software, it's resolved by allowing lynching quantum ghosts. The way I thought it was going to happen is the one I described, namely that you can lynch the quantum ghost, but that would imply the lynched wasn't a quantum ghost in the first place, so everyone who tried to kill this person cannot be mafia. The game might just not allow that to happen, though, since it does become quite easy to remove your own mafia status that way. Just lynch your nightkill target (like PK tried on day two with Dragonite) and boom, you can't be mafia anymore.

Suffice to say then, that Pk's tactic of lynching Dragonite to collapse himself into civ probably wouldn't have worked.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Yeah that's what I said, just pk being pk.

I thought everyone understood that.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Narts wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:49 pm
Proof that WWN is evil (and smells)
BUY GOLD

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm also not sure if the final collapse of Scraggy into mafia was altogether random. It might have just been the only option left that forced a consistent result.

And yeah, right now I'm pretty sure I gave Sven a wrong read on Narts. It doesn't really work with anything that happened later, so just take that as my bad.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Also wouldn't that make it possible to invalidate every possibility of mafia? If everyone nightkilled and lynched the same person, the only person who'd still have a chance at being mafia would be the person who was lynched.
BUY GOLD

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Yeah, that would also be true then.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 pm

for those of you who wish to recreate this game in QWolf,
here are the initialization settings
HPD wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 am
Software: QWolf v1.6
Settings:
Debug Logging: off
Verbose: off
Safemode: on
Auto Lynch: on
Force Mauls: off
Force Peeks: off
R0 Peeks: on
R0 Mauls: off

Players (9):
Player 1: Bonesy
Player 2: Sven
Player 3: Pkdragon
Player 4: Dragonite
Player 5: QQQQQQQ7777777
Player 6: Terragent
Player 7: Narts
Player 8: scraggypunk
Player 9: Linkman

Power Roles (3)
Seer (1)
Werewolf (2)

Seed: 512,409,415,944,454
filename: wwn1

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Pressure on PK for pkmaf plz
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:54 am

obviously my delay has killed WWN

again

rip
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:12 pm

We still have fire emblem nerds on discord, so we're fine. Mostly.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:24 pm

don't worry i'll save wwn

game signups should be out on tuesday or thursday depending on how i feel
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:59 am

FE Mafia?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am

idk yet

Erisin

Post by Erisin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Splatoon mafia when tbh