Waifu Mafia: Mafia win on day four

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Terragent

Re: Waifu Mafia: Day One

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Lynch tally

Bonesy: 2 (scraggy, sven)
Scraggy: 1 (bonesy)
PK: 1 (???)

Deadline in, let's say, two days.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 am

Honestly, either Bonesy or Scraggy works for me. Both are notoriously hard to pin down should they make it to the final day, and we really don't have much to go on.

I think we'll have more to go on tomorrow, though. There seems to be a lot of night abilities in this game.

I've got payroll today so I'll throw down a vote today or tomorrow.

And yeah stealth voting would actually be a serious blessing for the mafia. Since it's being used this early, I have to assume it's a regular ability and not a limited one. That could complicate things.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:04 am

Doesn’t sound very pro-town.

It’s a minor annoyance though. I assume mystery voter can also vote public. If it’s a disguised regular vote it’s going to be hard to use from dat 2-3 or so without getting outed.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:05 am

I have not been able to look at this much.

No lynch is not allowed, right?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 am

I'll give pk the benefit of doubt for now, but I do think it would be logical to put a mystery vote on a mafia member to make that person seem pro-town. Especially if the vote is not used to push momentum on a bandwagon lynch. I'm hesitant to lynch pk just to test this theory.

If it is a mafia ability, which seems logical enough, and it's not used to push the bandwagon to either Bonesy or Scraggy, then I'm guessing both of them are innocent and they don't care if either one of them gets lynched.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 am

okay, i'm slightly unnerved by this mystery voter

at least pk isn't the mystery voter himself i guess so that's that

not willing to point pk as mafia yet

mystery voting is gonna end up a crapshoot when everyone has voted, so I suggest we all do that?

what's a useless vote to throw now..?
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am

Lynch Satel

You might go with me. Day 1 is safest to try to pull this off.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:03 am

Dragonite wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am
Lynch Satel

You might go with me. Day 1 is safest to try to pull this off.
What does this even mean? Are you trying to get Satel killed?

If so, Lynch Dragonite.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Lynch Tally
Satel: 1 (Dragonite)
Dragonite: 2 (HPD, ???)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 am

Hmm, yeah. Mystery voting is weird, but exposing whoever it is will likely let us work out whodunnit. I'll vote for one of the no tallies to help flush it out.

Lynch HPD.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:26 am

Finally got home. Damn, a lot has happened.

My question about the mystery vote exposing plan:

- If we all vote for someone will we be able to figure out who the mystery voter is? What I see most likely happening is that a couple people will throw down votes, and then the mystery voter's vote will disappear in the next update, and we won't know exactly who it was. That said, in the state it's currently in we *have* learned a lot, so there might be something to this.
- If the mystery voter actually has two votes, one being secret. That would be a seriously strong power to give the mafia, but it's possible, in which case we're really out of luck.

also the mystery voter switched votes =_=

I think we can assume that the mystery voter can't vote for himself. So it can't be me or Dragonite. If we assume that giving the mystery voter two votes to throw around would be an op power, then we can also rule out Bonesy, Scraggy, HPD, and Sven.

That leaves Linkman, Satel, Xen, and Q7, then, as prime cantidates.

I'm going to throw down lynch Linkman, as it's a fairly harmless vote atm, though if I'm going to be completely honest I'm most suspicious of Satel. Our sparring may have been silly fun but it still may have prompted him to throw a vote my way- not that much to go on but it's all I got.

EDIT: on the other hand satel was the one to suggest we all throw down votes to smoke the mystery voter out, so there's that.

apologies for the word vomit, payroll leaves me unable to structure my thoughts
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

Lynch Tally

Satel: 1 (Dragonite)
Dragonite: 2 (HPD, ???)
HPD: 1 (Xen)
Linkman: 1 (PK)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 pm

So, here's who we've got who's missing votes:

Linky
Satel
Q7

Assuming no double vote, they're our mystery voter.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:02 pm

q7

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Calm down HPD. Satel was looking for safe votes to expose ???, and we both had no votes on us, so I literally suggested dummy lynching myself.

I see ??? likes me now. The one and only edgy pokemon rival.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 pm

hm, that's a good idea. whats up you three
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:14 pm

I will lynch Bonesy if only because I can't No Lynch.

Lynch Bonesy
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Lynch Satel I can’t keep track of who’s voting who
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:05 am

Although I question the validity of assuming the mystery voter can’t throw out a normal vote, since people who don’t vote are usually seen as suspicious to town anyways. Even regardless of this “everybody vote” strategy, it’s very rare that no one votes, and if the stealth voter can’t vote normally we’d be able to work out who they were immediately. The alternative being that, like PK said, the next time the votes are tallied ??? will be gone, with several people in between as suspects. It narrows the playing field down a bit, but that’s why I wanted to wait until after the votes had been tallied again to throw out my vote.

I also question what the mystery voter is hoping to gain by revealing themselves so early. Their role seems better suited to a stealth hammer. It makes me think they’re either trying to cause a distraction or they’re town and the stealth voting is actually a restriction of their role rather than an ability. Stealth voting is not useful to a town role, but that could be the point.

I’m just throwing out ideas. They’re probably dumb.
BUY GOLD

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:59 am

lynch Q

you got no vote on you, so I figure this should be safe

also, q that excuse "can't keep track" is really looking really bad with a vote tally no more than 5 posts above yours

i'll see how the next tally goes before deciding anything more
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 am

Satel wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:59 am
also, q that excuse "can't keep track" is really looking really bad with a vote tally no more than 5 posts above yours
Yeah, this is really, really weak. It might just be q7 just being too lazy and only voting since people started calling him out, but this kind of behaviour should be discouraged.

Lynch Q7

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:25 am

Lynch Q7 cuz his waifu a fart lord

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:24 am

Vote Tally

Bonesy: 3 (scraggy, sven, Linkman)
Satel: 2 (Dragonite, Q7)
Dragonite: 1 (???)
Linkman: 1 (PK)
Q7: 4 (Satel, HPD, Bonesy, ???)

End of day is a little over fifteen hours away.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:47 am

okay, so my plan was a bust, because those mystery votes are extra votes

lynch pk

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 am

pic of mystery voter:

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 am

dudes stop voting me

my waifu is voting everyone who votes me

st3rn fudge st3rn

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:21 am

Makes sense. At least we’ve got a pattern down now. But is the mystery voter part of your role or someone else in the game? For the time being, lynch Linkman unless I can abstain from voting all together.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:23 am

Actually wait. How does that explain the initial vote on PK?
BUY GOLD

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 am

apparently looking at me funny is enough for my waifu to vote you

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 am

lynch Satel

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 am

Vote Tally

Bonesy: 2 (scraggy, Linkman)
Satel: 2 (Dragonite, Sven)
Linkman: 2 (PK, Q7)
Q7: 2 (HPD, Bonesy)
PK: 1 (Satel)
Sven: 1 (???)

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:31 am

Lol that effect is hillarous.

It seems extremely potent lategame though, but other effect will probably weaken it. I'm not sure if it's a town-alligned role, especially since Satel didn't intend to out the effect at all. Since I'm already stuck, I'm sticking by the vote unless I have good reason to lynch somebody else. Day 1 sucks like that.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 am

I have three votes against me and only two voters. Both voters have voted previously and it didn’t count them as a double vote. Is this a typo?
BUY GOLD

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:49 am

It was a typo, I have fixed it. Sorry!

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm

lynch bonesy

not a huge fan of this because i don't particularly think that bonesy is mafia (but i don't think he isn't either), but q7 is my apprentice and linkman is squirtle squad and satel will probably revenge kill me if i kill him so bonesy it is

if the round hasn't ended in 7 hours i will be amendable to changing my vote based on the situation but otherwise i think i'm set

good night people

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:32 pm

I think I'm gonna sustain my vote (as a throwaway that won't cause a lynch) because the mystery voter ability is suss as hell and perfect cover for a mafia player (I mean they could be lying and have something completely different ability), but there's still a reasonable chance that Satel isn't actually mafia.

So I will believe in Satel's waifu for now.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Lynch Tally

Bonesy: 3 (scraggy, Linkman, PK)
Satel: 2 (Dragonite, Sven)
Linkman: 1 (Q7)
Q7: 2 (HPD, Bonesy)
PK: 1 (Satel)
Sven: 1 (???)

Deadline in four hours.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:52 pm

The town gathered around Bonesy and dragged him off to execute him. But all of a sudden, a voice rang out!

"Not my true love!"

All of a sudden, Bonesy's terminally ill love emerged from her sickbed.

"I've devoted myself to Bonesy and I won't allow anything to stand between him and his happiness!"

The frail and waifish girl ran forward selflessly toward the lynch mob - and then tripped and broke her neck, dying instantly. Everyone was now far too embarrassed to kill Bonesy and instead decided to leave him alone with his grief.

Bonesy's waifu has been killed in his stead, appeasing the angry mob. Bonesy is now very depressed.

Oh well. She'd probably still have died anyway, and at least now she can't drag out the ending.

Nobody has died today.

Night one has started. Send me your night actions.

Satel

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night One

Post by Satel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 am

so... this is sad T-T

in game terms though, protection from even one lynch is immensely powerful for the mafia, that makes me doubt that bonesy is mafia so i'm willing to consider him town for now

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night One

Post by HPD » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 am

hey i liked those waffles