WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B7: Ms. Fortune vs. Jynx

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Ms. Fortune or Jynx?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 am

Image (3) Ms. Fortune (Skullgirls)
63%
Image (6) Jynx (Pokémon)
38%

Total votes: 16

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B7: Ms. Fortune vs. Jynx

Post by HPD » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 am

Hello there. Still enjoying the contest? Right now, it looks like Lin and Leona are really evenly matched. As I write this, Lin is leading marginally with 5-4, so who'll win is still up in the air. Every vote is important, so make sure you've made yours.

This next battle is also going to be one to watch. It's the feline thief Ms. Fortune from the new and shiny Skullgirls against good-old Jynx, the gen 1 Pokémon! Sparks will surely fly. Heads too, most likely.

---

(3) Ms. Fortune
Skullgirls

Copied this straight from the Skullgirls site since it's basically exactly what I need:

A feline feral, Nadia Fortune is the last surviving member of the Fishbone Gang, a notorious band of otherwise Dagonian thieves. Their last mission ended in tragedy: a failed attempt to steal the mysterious Life Gem from Lorenzo Medici resulted in their grisly deaths. Before meeting her own doom, Ms. Fortune swallowed the Life Gem and managed to digest it. The Gem’s power permeated her entire body, making it truly undying… even after being cut into several pieces.

Now hiding in the shadows of Little Innsmouth, Ms. Fortune plots to avenge her fallen comrades.

Character trailer (must-watch!)
Gameplay

(6) Jynx
Pokémon everything (since R/B/Y)

Number 124: Jynx. Pretty much every one from our generation has a nostalgic fondness of the first generation of Pokémon. Jynx is here to remind you why. Being a female-only Ice/Psychic type, she's had kind of a special status in R/B/Y, sporting some very good moves. They tend to be very kind Pokémon and like to use their telepathic powers.

I laughed at this one
Jynx' cry
Some in-battle Jynx
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B7: Ms. Fortune vs. Jynx

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 am

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

this isn't even a contest

neeeext

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 am

Jynx, of course.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:42 pm

jynx is so so awkwardly designed but what really holds her back is the fact that in the original generation, the only one she mattered in, she was one of the terrible in-game trade pokemon, and i vaguely remember you needed something ridiculous to trade for it. furthermore i honestly don't like ice as a type- all it does is counter dragon, and i always preferred lapras or articuno or dewgong for my dragon slaying. honestly, not all of the 150 original pokemon were perfect, and jynx is one that probably could have been sent back to the drawing board.

i have only played the demo of skullgirls for all of five minutes so i can't say anything about the gameplay really, but i like it's character designs and ms fortunes whole take off her head thing is hilarious, so yeah, it's a pretty easy choice for me.

so i'm going on vacation until next friday, sadly this means my deeply thought out and insightful votes will not be able to be posted

so just remember, if it's popular, i probably would have voted against it.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Close... Jynx, even though Jynx is amongst my least favorite Pokémon and could send back to the drawing board if you ask me.
My sig is a void.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:42 pm

the fudge is wrong with you people

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Narts wrote:the fudge is wrong with you people
they're the people who let miror b win last year, remember?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:59 pm

They even straight up admit they're voting for this character just because they've played the game even though they hate the character

what the fudge

I don't even like Skullgirls as a game (I suck balls at it) but at least I can see the characters are pure genius, and they're wonderfully executed (animation, voice acting, everything) every single one of them could storm this entire contest if there was any justice.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:01 pm

I never even heard of Skullgirls, but there's no way I'm ever going to vote for.. for.. *breaks down in tears*

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Narts wrote:They even straight up admit they're voting for this character just because they've played the game even though they hate the character
Who?

I don't hate Jynx. I only dislike how she is drawn, pretty much. But in terms of character, there is only one Pokémon I would vote at instead of Jynx... and her name is Gardevoir. But both are incredible if you use your imagination and it's a pity the anime writers did not bother to give one of the main characters a Jynx and/or a Gardevoir back in the days.
My sig is a void.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm

On the basis I hate Jynx, I don't want another Miror B, and from what I've seen, Ms Fortune is an interesting character, my vote goes to Ms Fortune.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm

ThunderWalker wrote:
Narts wrote:They even straight up admit they're voting for this character just because they've played the game even though they hate the character
Who?

I don't hate Jynx. I only dislike how she is drawn, pretty much. But in terms of character, there is only one Pokémon I would vote at instead of Jynx... and her name is Gardevoir. But both are incredible if you use your imagination and it's a pity the anime writers did not bother to give one of the main characters a Jynx and/or a Gardevoir back in the days.
male gardevoir. the end.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 pm

pokemon is crumpets.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am

Bonesy wrote:
ThunderWalker wrote:I don't hate Jynx. I only dislike how she is drawn, pretty much. But in terms of character, there is only one Pokémon I would vote at instead of Jynx... and her name is Gardevoir. But both are incredible if you use your imagination and it's a pity the anime writers did not bother to give one of the main characters a Jynx and/or a Gardevoir back in the days.
male gardevoir. the end.
Not really, unless you are a pervert.

And if you are, then you're forgetting about female characters.
My sig is a void.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:15 am

Jynx sucks balls. Fortune rocks all right.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 pm

HPD wrote:
Narts wrote:the fudge is wrong with you people
they're the people who let miror b win last year, remember?
Hey don't you be dissing Miror B.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 pm

GEE, I WONDER WHAT I WILL VOTE FOR?

Narts: Can't remember, do you have a 360 or a PS3? If the latter, hit me up for some games some time. Otherwise, blah blah PC version so I can play Team Icecream.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am

I genuinely like Jynx. It's one of my favourite pokemon. Plus, Ice/Psychic is a pretty unique typing, and it's got a signature move to boot (Lovely Kiss). Also, this comic:

"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 am

Ms. Fortune has this one in the bag. It's 10-6!