WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B3: Samus vs. Lin

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Samus or Lin?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:02 am

Image (1) Samus Aran (Metroid Series)
50%
Image (4) Lin (Days of Ruin)
50%

Total votes: 16

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B3: Samus vs. Lin

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 am

As always, let me start by bringing you an update in the ongoing battle. Between Traynor and Raine, it seems that Raine has the edge. She has a good lead, but it's not yet decisive. Vote here if you haven't done so yet to help decide who wins.

Anyway, let's continue where we left off. Our next contestants are Samus Aran and Lin. Samus made a convincing appearance against Kaelyn the Dove, who didn't stand a chance against the Nintendo icon, although we did spot Samus' weak point, namely her appearance in Other M. Lin made her debut against Leona Heidern, and while that looked like an even match on paper, Lin left no room for discussion about who was the better one. This match is going to be exciting for sure!

---

(1) Samus Aran
Metroid Series
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Super Smash Bros. Series

ImageImage

Samus is one of those characters that I'd hardly need to write an introduction about. She's been a Nintendo icon since the original Metroid game first appeared on the NES in 1986, one of the first video games ever to have a female protagonist. Samus is a bounty hunter in space and comes equipped with a power suit and a whole bunch of awesome. If you really feel the need for more of an introduction, just click on that "Metroid in 5 minutes" link and watch the show ;)

Metroid in 5 minutes
So retro
I just love trailers, this one is from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Title Theme

(4) Lin
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Lin is the second-in-command of the 12th Battalion, nicknamed Brenner's Wolves (after commander Brenner). She is an apt tactician and logician and adds a more cynical point of view to Brenner's ideas on the goodness of humanity. She does respect the man a great deal, though. In-game, she's one of the stronger COs out there.

Supreme Logician (Lin's Theme)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B3: Samus vs. Lin

Post by HPD » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 am

So what up. Why is Samus losing this?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:51 am

Yes Scis, but we're an Advance Wars fan site that hates Advance Wars. Lin is an awful character.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 am

Samus is losing because you guys have terrible taste.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 am

I dunno what Lin is all about.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 am

Kanzer wrote:Samus is losing because you guys have terrible taste.
So do Nintendo for turning Samus into an animu fanservice thing.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Deoxy wrote:that game never happened, xen
'one'?

They've been at it since Fusion.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Yeah, but Fusion was a good game.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:57 pm

True, Fusion was a fantastic game.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Lin is fanservice done right.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Well, what unique factors does Samus have going for her except the nostalgia factor?
Zero, pretty much. Not that Lin has much, but I think she deserves next round more than Samus does.
My sig is a void.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 am

Oh come on

8 people can't think gender swapped boba fett is better than Lin

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Last call for voters! If this ends in a tie, Lin wins due to having been in the lead the longest.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:40 am

Aaand it's a draw! However, Lin continues to the quarterfinals since she's been in the lead the longest (same rules as last year). That means it's a surprising goodbye for Samus. Very interesting indeed!