WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF2: Lin vs. Ms. Fortune

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Lin or Ms. Fortune

Poll ended at Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 am

Image (4) Lin (Days of Ruin)
56%
Image (3) Ms. Fortune (Skullgirls)
44%

Total votes: 16

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF2: Lin vs. Ms. Fortune

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:26 am

Second quarter final. Who's gonna win this time? Will it be Lin, who managed to knock out Samus in the previous round, or Ms. Fortune, who's done amazingly well against both Jynx and Anna Navarre?

Get your votes in. Also vote Lucca or Raine while there's still time!

---

(4) Lin
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Lin is the second-in-command of the 12th Battalion, nicknamed Brenner's Wolves (after commander Brenner). She is an apt tactician and logician and adds a more cynical point of view to Brenner's ideas on the goodness of humanity. She does respect the man a great deal, though. In-game, she's one of the stronger COs out there.

Supreme Logician (Lin's Theme)

(3) Ms. Fortune
Skullgirls

Copied this straight from the Skullgirls site since it's basically exactly what I need:

A feline feral, Nadia Fortune is the last surviving member of the Fishbone Gang, a notorious band of otherwise Dagonian thieves. Their last mission ended in tragedy: a failed attempt to steal the mysterious Life Gem from Lorenzo Medici resulted in their grisly deaths. Before meeting her own doom, Ms. Fortune swallowed the Life Gem and managed to digest it. The Gem’s power permeated her entire body, making it truly undying… even after being cut into several pieces.

Now hiding in the shadows of Little Innsmouth, Ms. Fortune plots to avenge her fallen comrades.

Character trailer (must-watch!)
Gameplay
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Hans Stockmann

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF2: Lin vs. Ms. Fortune

Post by Hans Stockmann » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:51 am

Oh right, I should get on organising that side tourney for BAM.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 am

Oh, nobody remembered to link Nadia's story mode introduction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5068EHaAFo

Best thing ever

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 am

Well, looks like Lin won this one as well. Fortune put up a good fight and got surprisingly far, but her time in this Character Battle is at an end after losing 9-7.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis