RIFH Tourney: R1 B8: A gameboy player vs Megaman 1 (Gameboy)

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Should Pichu have walked around the house more?

Gameboy Player
75%
Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge
25%

Total votes: 12

Hans Stockmann

RIFH Tourney: R1 B8: A gameboy player vs Megaman 1 (Gameboy)

Post by Hans Stockmann » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:17 pm

ANOTHER multimedia-related poll? Yeah, I should've walked around the house before typing the list.

A gameboy player. You all know what it is. It's black. I wanted an indigo one, gave the K-mart person an indigo box, but he gave me a black one. Git.

Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge is my first Megaman game that I own. It takes 4 robot masters from 1 and 4 from 2. Wuffy said it was a good choice. Since it was given to me, what's there to lose?

My vote? Hmm...
*flails arm wildly*

Gameboy Player.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:15 pm

How else am I gonna play Balance Hacked AW2 on my TV?

Gameboy player for the win!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:30 pm

One's a gameboy player. The other is Mega Man. There's not really much argument.
Gameboy player ftw.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:07 am

The Thunder Beam alone puts MM:DWR ahead of the GBP. And even if it wasn't there, there's Enker.
CumulusCentral : It's dot-com!
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:15 am

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:The Thunder Beam alone puts MM:DWR ahead of the GBP. And even if it wasn't there, there's Enker.
But, the GBP can play Megaman! Can Megaman play the gameboy player? I THINK NOT!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:43 am

Xenesis wrote:But, the GBP can play Megaman! Can Megaman play the gameboy player? I THINK NOT!
Does the Game Boy Player have the Thunder Beam on it, without buying a used $5 extra component? I MOST CERTAINLY THINK NOT!
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:12 am

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:
Xenesis wrote:But, the GBP can play Megaman! Can Megaman play the gameboy player? I THINK NOT!
Does the Game Boy Player have the Thunder Beam on it, without buying a used $5 extra component? I MOST CERTAINLY THINK NOT!
Does the Game Boy Player need a Thunder Beam when it can merely use the one from Megaman? I COMPLETELY THINK NOT!

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:28 am

Xenesis wrote:
Oracle of Wuffing wrote: Does the Game Boy Player have the Thunder Beam on it, without buying a used $5 extra component? I MOST CERTAINLY THINK NOT!
Does the Game Boy Player need a Thunder Beam when it can merely use the one from Megaman? I COMPLETELY THINK NOT!
Um, Xenesis, I ENTIRELY THINK Megaman is the $5 extra component that I was talking about, so you just kind of did yourself in there.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:37 am

If you consider that Megaman needs a $100 extra component (at least, $100 when it was new) in order to be worth playing, I think that that balances out somewhat.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:55 pm

Terragent wrote:If you consider that Megaman needs a $100 extra component (at least, $100 when it was new) in order to be worth playing, I think that that balances out somewhat.
If you're going to count the Game Boy apparatus within the cost of Megaman, then you must count the GameCube apparatus within the cost of the Game Boy Player.

Count the price of the TV (GBP) and batteries (MM), as well, and the entire thing is Grit Bean Island in Megaman's favor.

Plus, the Thunder Beam. OR SO I GREATLY THINK.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:58 pm

But the game boy player and apparatus will also allow you to watch TV. Not to mention play gamecube games.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:01 pm

As well as Gameboy, Gameboy Colour and Gameboy Advance Games.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:03 pm

Terragent wrote:But the game boy player and apparatus will also allow you to watch TV. Not to mention play gamecube games.
And the Game Boy can be taken on the go, as well as give yourself a personal screen so your roommate can watch TV while you use the Thunder Beam. I QUITE STRONGLY THINK SO.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:06 pm

Oh, the gameboy player can be taken on the go.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:12 pm

Xenesis wrote:Oh, the gameboy player can be taken on the go.
Is the Game Boy Player worth playing when you can't take a TV, GameCube, and a GameCube Controller/GBA+Link Cable with you? I...

...Just a second... *Grabs thesaurus*

I ABSOLUTELY THINK NOT!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:19 pm

Who says you need half of that stuff?

Portable GCN:

Cube
Player
A Controller
A screen (Not necessarily a TV, rather one of those attachable screens)
A Power supply. :O

Congratulations! You have a fairly easily portable GCN. I THINK SO WITH CONVICTION.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Xenesis wrote:Who says you need half of that stuff?

Portable GCN:

Cube
Player
A Controller
A screen (Not necessarily a TV, rather one of those attachable screens)
A Power supply. :O

Congratulations! You have a fairly easily portable GCN. I THINK SO WITH CONVICTION.
I've seen those screens in question sell for the same price as TV's easy, and that power supply only adds to the price. Additionally, um, you listed MORE than what I said you required. Half that stuff? I CONCLUSIVELY THINK NOT.

Unless, like, this is an American/Metric measuring system conflict.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:54 pm

You don't need the GBA + Link cable, like you suggested. So half was an exaduration, but the point still holds.

And by power supply, it could be anything. Hell, standard power points are everywhere.

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:28 am

Xenesis wrote:You don't need the GBA + Link cable, like you suggested. So half was an exaduration, but the point still holds.

And by power supply, it could be anything. Hell, standard power points are everywhere.
See that slash next to the GBA+Link cable, which can be used to imply "And or or"? See, I kinda said right there you didn't need it. I've yet to be convinced that "Standard Power Points" would be anywhere "on the go", which was your arguement. The point holds, but only as much as a ten gallon hat made out of swiss cheese.

Though, I UNQUESTIONABLY THINK I will have to thank you for bringing up the screen, not a TV, arguement, as that effectively takes a chunk out of Terragent's point that you'd be able to watch TV. So, you've taken out a feature to prove a feature that you haven't proven to me yet.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:30 am

This conversation wins a smiley stamp.

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:24 am

Hans Stockmann wrote:This conversation wins a smiley stamp.

I ABSELUTELY THINK NOT!

Sorry, I just had to do that ;)
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman