WWN Character Battle 2011 - QF1: Murray vs. Samus

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

The 12th Battalion Div. Winner is?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:09 am

(5) Murray the Evil Skull (Monkey Island)
59%
(3) Samus Aran (Metroid)
41%

Total votes: 17

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2011 - QF1: Murray vs. Samus

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:09 am

Soo, we had our first tie (and hopefully the last). I decided to judge it more or less on who's been leading most of the time, since that was pretty obvious for this one. That means that Edgeworth beat Guybrush by an infinitesimal amount... or something.

Whatevs. We're now dealing with the QUARTER FINALS. That's right. No more fiddling in the margin. THIS is where things start to count. Eight guys made it through (well, one still needs to be decided, but more on that later). Four guys can go to the semis. For the other four it'll be game over. No continues left.

The first one of our battle quartet will be between as you might've guessed by now, between Murray the Evil Demonic Skull and Samus Aran. Both have been doing well so far. Samus made it here as expected. Murray was more or less expected, I guess, though he only won his battles by a minimal margin so far.

Who will we see in the Semis?

And while I still have your attention, I'd like to also point you to the Poison vs. Garcian battle that's still going on. It's been kinda low on response so far so give your favourite guy (yes) there a little boost, ok? (if you haven't done so far obv.)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Crystal Guard 292

Re: WWN Character Battle 2011 - QF1: Murray vs. Samus

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:29 am

MURRAY!
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 am

Due to the BIAS TRAVESTY THAT WAS THE GUYBRUSH CONTEST it has to be Murray.

>_>

Well, a decision had to be made, so that's fair. And as I've said since the start, Murray to the final!
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:40 am

MUR-RAAAAAAY!

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 am

voting murray because samus beat drachma and i am bitter
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 pm

I guess I'm okay with the results, if it was Guybrush v. Murray, I don't think I'd be able to vote. XD

Speaking of, my vote for Murray wouldn't be complete without a quote:
Guybrush: How can you see without eyeballs?
Murray: How can you walk around without a brain? Some things no one can answer.

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:05 pm

voting samus because murray beat kazooie and i am bitter
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:56 pm

murraying beat because bitter samused voting and i am kazooie

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:54 pm

no i am kazooie
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.