WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B1: Lash vs. Bayonetta

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Lash or Bayonetta?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:39 am

Image (1) Lash (Advance Wars 2/3)
57%
Image (8) Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
43%

Total votes: 14

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B1: Lash vs. Bayonetta

Post by HPD » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 am

Rules and regulations for this contest can be found here.

So it begins. The Character Battle 2012. As promised, it's ladies only this time. 32 of your nominations made it in and are now about to go head to head with eachother for the title of most popular video game character on WWN! Previous winners were Dan & Mia (joint winners in 2009) and Miror B (2011). Which of these 32 contestants will grab the new title? You decide! Vote for your favourite characer in every battle!

---

Our first battle will be between Lash, one of the four representatives of our beloved Advance Wars series, and Bayonetta, the star of the game bearing her name. Have fun with them!

(1) Lash
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

The first character up here barely needs an introduction, I think. Since we're an AW fansite, it's not all that suprising that the character who scored highest in nominations hails from that series. Her name is Lash, and she's the little genius of the Black Hole army. She often acts childish and destructive. Her best appearance by far, imho, is in Advance Wars 2, where she was one of the five villains who made your life miserable in the campaign. Lash was responsible for all of the gimmicky Black Hole inventions as gigantic cannons, laser turrets and a Deathray. In AWDS, she becomes playable in the campaign.

"The lava's going to make little people pancakes! Tee hee hee!"

Lash's Theme (AW2)
Lash's Toy Box
Lash in AWDS... playing AWDS

(8) Bayonetta
Bayonetta

At the other side, we have the lovely Bayonetta, for whom I'm going to shamelessly rip off her Wikia page since I think it provides a better description of her than I can write myself ;)

Bayonetta (born Cereza), the titular main character and protagonist of the game, is a coquettish and mysterious Umbra Witch who possesses remarkable talent for the bullet arts. After a 500 year slumber in a coffin submerged at the bottom of a lake, she was awakened by Antonio Redgrave and his son Luka. With the help of Rodin, her demonic informant, weaponsmith, and proprietor of The Gates of Hell bar, Bayonetta fights to find the truth of her past. She is hounded endlessly by hosts of angels along the way.

To add to this: she has guns on her feet. Awesome! And her hair is a weapon too!

Trailer, yo
More trailer
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B1: Lash vs. Bayonetta

Post by Narts » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 am

[youtube]RZo15xcuDCo[/youtube]
Only actual gameplay footage can give an idea just how ridiculously over the top this character is

Yeah, that's the first 5 minutes from the game or so

As for Lash, she's not Kindle so I don't care.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:04 am

I like this game already. Thanks for that extra vid, Narts.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 am

bayonetta is awesome and honestly while i liked lash in the day, AW characters bore me these days. putting more time into the AW games than any other single series besides pokemon is probably the cause of it.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Bayonetta looks like a genetically modified human invented by Lash.
My sig is a void.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:14 am

Lash is very cool and all, but Bayonetta is FUN.

Also, "cereza" is spanish for cherry. Bring on the easy jokes bros.

PS: search Google pics "Bayonetta Nebulaluben". The cosplayer is a friend of mine. You're welcome.

PPS: oh and Narts, she did Posion too.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 pm

yeah bayonetta rocks

it's a surprisingly fun game

and that person playing really sucks

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:27 am

Also true.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 pm

me thinks I should get a PS360 so I can get these games.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 am

Poll ended. Lash made a great comeback and wins 8-6!

So, we'll see her back. I hope you've enjoyed Bayonetta, though. To me, both her and her game looked really awesome and are worth checking out!

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:22 pm

You didn't mention the bazooka tonfas and nunchuk guns. For shame, HPD.