WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B6: Lin vs. Leona

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Lin or Leona?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:28 am

Image (4) Lin (Days of Ruin)
69%
Image (5) Leona Heidern (The King of Fighters)
31%

Total votes: 13

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B6: Lin vs. Leona

Post by HPD » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 am

Alright, so, round 6. This time it's brains versus brawn as two cool ladies duke it out in this virtual arena. Oh yeah, Leona's part was done by Kanzer this time, so give him a round of applause y'all!

Vote for Samus or Kaelyn if you haven't done by now. It's still open for two days but to not tarry.

---

(4) Lin
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Lin is the second-in-command of the 12th Battalion, nicknamed Brenner's Wolves (after commander Brenner). She is an apt tactician and logician and adds a more cynical point of view to Brenner's ideas on the goodness of humanity. She does respect the man a great deal, though. In-game, she's one of the stronger COs out there.

Supreme Logician (Lin's Theme)
(yeah that's all the useful stuff I could find, it's the same as for Isabella, sadly)

(5) Leona Heidern
The King of Fighters - '96, '97, '98, '99, 2000, 2k1, 2002, 2003, XII, XIII
King of Fighters Maximum Impact series
Metal Slug series

Leona Heidern is a character from the King of Fighters series by SNK. Infected at a young age by one of Orochi's harbingers with a strange curse called the Riot of the Blood, she entered a berserker state of rage and slaughtered her entire village. Days after the incident, she was found by Heidern, a mercenary, and when he saw her agility and prowess he decided to take her as a daughter and train her as his successor. Since then, she has been a member of the Ikari Warriors Team, along with Clark Steel, Ralf Jones and Whip. Leona, Ralf and Clark have appeared in the Metal Slug franchise too.

As a fighter, Leona is a capable warrior, with an uncanny ability to cut with her bare hands and the mastery of martial arts and of Heidern's personal assassination techniques. She fights bare-handed and wears special boots, but she can even kill with her hairclips and wears explosive earrings. Leona is a silent, lonely person, and she fears the next time she will enter the Riot of Blood again. Even though her attitude is cold and distant, she knows her teammates, her friends, are there for her always. When in Blood Riot, she experiences an agonic bloodlust, her physical attributes drastically improve at the cost of her sanity and restraint. Her skin darkens and her eyes and hair turn red. There are other characters, Iori and Shermie, who also suffer from the Riot of the Blood.

KoF '98 Ikari Team walkthrough - Leona in min 3:43 and 6:18.
KOF Maximum Impact 2 - Leona Playthrough. This game has terrible voice acting...
KOF XIII Arcade - Leona first and in min 10:25, 15:45, 20:46 (Boss Battle) and 24:05/27:50 (Final Boss). Ikari's ending sequence at 30:16 Mai's tits bounce at 6:16. (Man, this game is BEAUTIFUL)

...or if you think Kanzer's suggested vids are too long, here's a one-minute rundown of Leona in KoFXIII
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kanzer

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B6: Lin vs. Leona

Post by Kanzer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:53 am

Leona is the woman.

if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:57 am

Go Lin!

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:45 am

Man this is gonna be a close one. Even this being an AW forum, I still think (hope) Leona can make it.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 am

Remember that time Lin shot Greyfield?

Yeah.

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:16 am

Terragent wrote:Remember that time Lin shot Greyfield?

Yeah.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 am

Lin got in a nice lead on Leona and wins soundly after all with 9-4!

So far 6 battles, 0 seed upsets. That's a remarkable thing.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis