WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B8: Anna vs. Katt

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Anna or Katt?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:34 am

Image (2) Anna Navarre (Deus Ex)
55%
Image (7) Katt (Breath of Fire II)
45%

Total votes: 11

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B8: Anna vs. Katt

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 am

Oops, sorry guys, I kind of forgot I should be making a topic. It's slightly late and I was just about to go to bed. But the show must go on so here's the slightly delayed new topic.

Ms. Fortune has a small lead on Jynx right now. Are you gonna change that?

---

(2) Anna Navarre
Deus Ex

I got her in-game description so that's what you get:

"Born in Russia, trained as a commando by the Israeli army, Anna Navarre is your old-fashioned cold-blooded killer. If she were crazy she'd be a homicidal maniac, but she's not. She's very in control, and only kills under orders... or if the situation warrants it. She has no sense of humor, and no concept for "forgive and forget." Anyone who so much as accidentally scratches her with a combat knife has got a life expectancy suddenly measured in seconds. Don't get the idea that Anna has a temper, though. She's always happy when she shoots someone. UNATCO relies on her in situations that are likely to become a major gunfight, or on missions where unflinching ruthlessness is required.

Unlike many of the mechanically-enhanced agents, Anna has no fear of a "shelf-date." She was one of UNATCO's top agents before she was "enchanced," and she considers her augmentations to be just that: something that augments her abilities, not something that she needs to do the job. She plans her rise to power to be ongoing and unstoppable."

Ze Russian Akksents
Flatlander Woman! (spoilers)

(7) Katt
Breath of Fire II

Hey, it's my personal entry, Katt! Katt (Lin in the Japanese version) is a Coliseum fighter in the hilariously awkward RPG Breath of Fire II. Those who've been following my LP (which I badly need to update, I know) will have met her there. Katt is lightning fast, strong and fierce, but... none too bright. And that's an understatement. She excels at whacking things with her stick so that's what she does all day every day.

Go ahead and make my night! (hey it's one of my own videos!)

Go read my LP for more Katt shenanigans!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Terragent

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B8: Anna vs. Katt

Post by Terragent » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Uh, yeah. Setting aside the fact that I nominated agent Navarre, I don't think I can bring myself to someone who's apparently incapable of wearing pants.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 pm

While Katt's conversations are somewhat more interesting than a certain other Capcom catgirl, that in no way compares to an actually good character.

EDIT: I hope that you matched these two up purely for a Warioware joke, HPD.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:09 am

Both women don't appeal to me. I hate cold-blooded killer characters however, so I anti-vote the killer and vote for the catgirl.
My sig is a void.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:11 am

Katt kicks some major ass actually, she totally gets my vote.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:47 am

Looks like Anna Navarre edges out on Katt after all. It's 6 to 5!

...which means we still haven't seen any seed upsets. Honestly, I never expected that to happen.

Oh, and Pichu, I have no clue what Warioware joke you are talking about so I guess you could spill the beans on that one.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:46 pm

There's a pair of Ninja girls from WarioWare called Kat & Ana who appear with the catch-cry "Katana!"
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:04 pm

bahahaha that is just total coincidence then