WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B9: GLaDOS vs. Zoe

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

GLaDOS or Zoe?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 am

Image (1) GLaDOS (Portal/Portal 2)
60%
Image (8) Zoe (Spyro the Dragon Series)
40%

Total votes: 15

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B9: GLaDOS vs. Zoe

Post by HPD » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 am

Oh my, has it been two days already? Man, that goes by fast.

Well, off to the third set of characters then. This time, another top favourite enters the battlefield. It's none other than GLaDOS, the evil supercomputer from the Portal games! The opponent? A little fairy known as Zoe. Both characters function as guides for the player, though they do not really share the same objectives... Who will win? You decide!

Also vote here if you haven't done so already.

---

(1) GLaDOS
Portal
Portal 2

GLaDOS stands for Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System. She is an AI designed to test and control the Aperture Science research facility. While she initially appears to guide and help poor little Chell, over time she become more and more malicious and cruel. In Portal 2, she's revealed to have come back... with a vengeance.

If you vote GLaDOS, there will be cake.

Still Alive (of course!)
Some 10 min of GLaDOS quotes, have fun

(8) Zoe
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Spryo: Shadow Legacy

Zoe is a little fairy who appears throughout the Spyro series (starting with the second) to guide and advise the player. By zapping Spyro with her staff, she saves his progress so that when Spyro gets himself killed, he'll start back at this last checkpoint. She's quite helpful like that.

Each zap kills a million brain cells
I'm sorry, Spyro, but you're playing a hacked version
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kanzer

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B9: GLaDOS vs. Zoe

Post by Kanzer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 am

I remember LOVING Spyro 2 and I don't even remember Zoe. On the other hand, GLaDOS is pretty much as fun as it gets.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 am

I liked glados more back when we called her shodan

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 am

NOSTALGA.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 am

I'd be much more inclined to vote for GLaDOS if Wheatley weren't constantly upstaging her. :/

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am

Personally I love all three of the Spyro games (yes, Year of the Dragon was the last one >:( )and have played them to death. Unfortunately, Zoe happens to be pretty much the dullest character in the series.

Spyro does have a great cast of hilarious characters, though. Moneybags, Bentley, Agent 9, Spyro himself (in Spyro 1 he's especially great), Ripto, Hunter, you name 'em. But the females don't stand out at all (I can only think of Greta, but she has a very minor role). And then even Sheila is more fun than Zoe.

So yeah, as much as I'd like to support the Spyro trilogy, Zoe isn't gonna cut it against GLaDOS for me.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 am

Just imagine how hilarious it would be if glados got beaten in first round by a stupid generic cg fairy

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

To whoever voted for Zoe: I want your blood.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

portal overrated as hell

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 pm

There were characters of note in Spyro that weren't the dragons that told you how to jump?

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:15 pm

I made my decision for who to vote after reading this:
Treedweller wrote:To whoever voted for Zoe: I want your blood.
*votes for Zoe*
My sig is a void.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

Hans Stockmann wrote:There were characters of note in Spyro that weren't the dragons that told you how to jump?
This reflects my thoughts quite well.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am

GLaDOS gets in 9 votes. Zoe's stuck at 6. Guess who's going to round 2...