WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B11: Vivian vs. Peach

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Vivian or Peach?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:37 am

Image (3) Vivian (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
60%
Image (6) Princess Peach (Mario Series)
40%

Total votes: 15

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B11: Vivian vs. Peach

Post by HPD » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:37 am

Vote Poison or EDI in the previous battle if you haven't done by now! Poison has a pretty solid lead as I write this. Either you like that or you don't. Whatever, just vote ;)

Anyways, today is the day two characters from the Mario series are going to compete. It's Paper Mario's Vivian versus the most famous damsel in distress in video games: Princess Peach. Have fun!

---

(3) Vivian
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

copypasta from the Mario wiki since no one is really submitting these anymore :(
"Vivian originally worked as a member of the villainous Shadow Sirens alongside her sisters, Beldam and Marilyn. Later, Vivian defects from the Shadow Sirens and joins Mario as his fifth party member. Although she suffers from an inferiority complex, throughout the events of the video game, Vivian's character develops as she learns to respect herself. "

To add to that: as with Poison, Vivian's gender is somewhat uncertain. The Japanese version suggests that Vivian is male, but in the North-American release all references to that have been removed for some reason. No one is really sure, buuuut we included her anyway since she's either transsexual like Poison or just straight up female as far as I'm concerned. Either way works for this tournament, and she's just too awesome not to have her, right?

Vivian joins
Shadow Sirens' theme
Poor Vivian

(6) Princess Peach
Super Mario Series
Mario Golf Series
Dr. Mario Series
Mario Kart Series
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Mario Party Series
Mario Tennis Series
Paper Mario Series
Super Smash Bros. Series
etc...

"Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!"

This line is probably awfully familiar to each and every one of you, as most of you are either from the Mario Bros. generation or have at least played those games anyway. The princess in question is Princess Peach, and being kidnapped by Bowser is her daily work. Over time, Peach's role has expanded a little bit, starting with Super Mario Bros. 2 of course where she was a playable character. She's also seen playing tennis, golf, go-karts or even fight in Super Smash Bros. and even got her own game in Super Princess Peach.

Super Mario Bros. 2
Actually I have no idea what this game is about
Some people even write songs about Peach and her castle
This one nicely summarizes all the subtle traits of Peach's personality
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B11: Vivian vs. Peach

Post by HPD » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 am

you know the lack of comments here really is poor

what happened to all that mario love
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:28 pm

That ^^

I voted for Peach, but only because of a Dutch Mario joke which has nothing to do with the games.
My sig is a void.

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 pm

I was placing my vote via mobile from the mountains of North Carolina and didn't want to try to get a response in too.

Vivi, because I nominated her.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Uh... I'll pass.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 am

as the sole reason peach is in this contest i should probably say something

nope can't think of anything

well except that she was the best character in ssb next to jigglypuff which is reason alone to vote for her
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 pm

I just missed this poll's closure time, but Vivian won this 9-6!

Sorry, Pk, but that means Peach is eliminated.