WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B14: Tira vs. Mia

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Tira or Mia?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:28 am

Image (4) Tira (Soul Calibur Series)
30%
Image (5) Mia (Fire Emblem 9/10)
70%

Total votes: 10

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B14: Tira vs. Mia

Post by HPD » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:28 am

Naija vs. Gruntilda is pretty close you guys. Get your votes in and try to sway it to the character you like most!

In the meantime I'll present you two more characters in this contest: Soulcalibur's Tira and Fire Emblem's Mia. I predict it's going to be pretty close, but that's all up to you! Let's see who wins this one!

---

(4) Tira
Soulcalibur III
Soulcalibur IV
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
Soulcalibur V

Tira is an interesting character from the Soulcalibur (or Soul Calibur, however you want to spell it) series. She was introduced in Soulcalibur III as the Misguided Angel of Death, a servant to the evil sword Soul Edge. Interesting about her is that she suffers from a split personality leaving her with two sides to her character, appropriately named Jolly and Gloomy. Both are pretty much completely crazy, though. In combat, she uses the most interesting of weapons: a hula hoop with blades on it named Eiserne Drossel. Her fighting style is very acrobatic in nature, giving her a very unique moveset in the Soul series.

Tira's first appearance
Soulcalibur 3 Tira gameplay
Tira's ending in Soulcalibur IV shows her split personality very well (don't worry about spoilers, the plot in these games is nonexistant)
Tira is back in Soulcalibur V

(5) Mia
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Mia is a Myrmidon who appears in two of the many games in the Fire Emblem franchise: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, also known as FE 9 and 10, respectively. She is an eccentric and upbeat swordswoman who joined up with the Greil mercenaries led by Ike. She is always seeking for her arch rival, who is supposedly "clad in white".

Mia in a cutscene from Radiant Dawn
Mia in Path of Radiance (she appears at around 4:30)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kanzer

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B14: Tira vs. Mia

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 am

Unlike many of you guys, Tira is awesome.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 am

Eww, a character from Fire Emblem.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Kanzer wrote:Unlike many of you guys, Tira is awesome.
But she's from a Fighting Game.

And besides, Tira is less awesome than Cervantes.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 am

Only if you refer to Soul Blade's Cervantes.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:13 am

Mia beat Tira to pulp and wins 3-7!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis