WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B15: Riven vs. Kazooie

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Riven or Kazooie?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:38 am

Image (3) Riven (League of Legends)
36%
Image (6) Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie Series)
64%

Total votes: 14

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B15: Riven vs. Kazooie

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:38 am

Yo. I'm almost done with making character introductions. What a relief. Just four more to go.

The two characters for today are Riven and Kazooie. Vote for one of them etc. etc.

Mia is crushing Tira but only more votes can change that! (or make it even worse if you're one of those people)

---

(3) Riven
League of Legends

Riven the Exile is a champion in the highly popular game League of Legends. I yoinked the following off the internet:

In Noxus, any citizen may rise to power regardless of race, gender, or social standing - strength is all that matters. It was with committed faith in this ideal that Riven strove to greatness. She showed early potential as a soldier, forcing herself to master the weight of a long sword when she was barely its height. She was ruthless and efficient as a warrior, but her true strength lay in her conviction. She entered battles without any trace of doubt in her mind: no ethical pause, no fear of death. Riven became a leader amongst her peers, poster child of the Noxian spirit. So exceptional was her passion that the High Command recognized her with a black stone rune sword forged and enchanted with Noxian sorcery. The weapon was heavier than a kite shield and nearly as broad - perfectly suited to her tastes. Soon after, she was deployed to Ionia as part of the Noxian invasion.

What began as war quickly became extermination. Noxian soldiers followed the terrifying Zaunite war machines across fields of death. It wasn't the glorious combat for which Riven trained. She carried out the orders of her superiors, terminating the remnants of a beaten and fractured enemy with extreme prejudice. As the invasion continued, it became clear that the Ionian society would not be reformed, merely eliminated. During one bitter engagement, Riven's unit became surrounded by Ionian forces. They called for support as the enemy closed in around them. What they received instead was a barrage of biochemical terror launched by Singed. Riven watched as around her Ionian and Noxian alike fell victim to an unspeakably gruesome fate. She managed to escape the bombardment, though she could not erase the memory. Counted dead by Noxus, she saw an opportunity to start anew. She shattered her sword, severing ties with the past, and wandered in self-imposed exile - on a quest to seek atonement and a way to save the pure Noxian vision in which she believed.

''There is a place between war and murder / in which our demons lurk.''

Riven Spotlight

(6) Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Banjo-Pilot
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie

Kazooie is the eternal sidekick bird in the Banjo-Kazooie series. She lives in Banjo's backpack. And to quote the B-J wiki: "She is a wisecracking, sassy, cheeky, hot-tempered, slightly egotistic, tell-it-like-it-is loudmouth." Ah well, while that may be the case, she's still invaluable to Banjo, allowing them to go where he alone could not.

yeah
Loony Tunes, anyone?
Friends forever...?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B15: Riven vs. Kazooie

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 am

...I was rather hoping someone did a part on Riven but I am not a very lucky person. However I did just now find out that it is just like DotA which I've played quite a lot of back in the day... <_<

No really, some friends of mine even made our own version of us vs. some of our high school teachers. And yes, I am a playable character in that one.

...I'm still not sure whether to check it out though. MMOs scare me.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 am

i'm sorry i kept wanting to write up something on riven but being a terribly lazy person i didn't get around to it until it was too late

you should definently try it out, thrawn and me both play, and crystal guard's pretty active on league too!
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:46 am

At least my DotA affinity got me to vote for Riven. To actually start playing it I'd probably need to be convinced a little bit more.

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 am

Continuing to pull for BK.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:32 am

league of legends is crumpets

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Belligerent birds all the way!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 am

Kazooie is the winner here! A clear victory with 5 against 9!