WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B16: Sami vs. Trish

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Sami or Trish?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 am

Image (2) Sami (Advance Wars Series)
77%
Image (7) Trish (Devil May Cry)
23%

Total votes: 13

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B16: Sami vs. Trish

Post by HPD » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 am

Finally we've made it to the last battle of the first round. That makes us approximately halfway through the Character Battle. It also means that these two characters are the last two new ones you get to see. After this one, it's round two baby!

But first things first: vote for either Sami or Trish in here, and for Riven or Kazooie in here (if you haven't done so yet). If you're done with that, just sit back and relax until round two!

By the way, it is likely there will be three days from now until the next battle since I might not be able to make a new topic in time. Sorry if that happens!

Trish's part was written by Kanzer! I hope you like what he did!

---

(2) Sami
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

We started off with Lash, now we end with Sami. The circle is complete, so to say. Anyway, Sami is a CO in the Orange Star army and has been around ever since the first Advance Wars game was released back in 2001. Her last appearance was in Dual Strike, after which the series got a reboot in Days of Ruin. In all games she appears in Sami specializes in infantry units. Her powers give these units more firepower, movement and even increased capture speed! While she's friendly and good-natured towards her allies, she's a fierce enemy who's not afraid to tell her enemies to piss off. Don't make her angry!

Also, she's supposedly dating Eagle. No one knows how serious their relationship is, however.

Sami's Theme
And a cool guitar cover of said song
Sami's Debut!

(7) Trish
Devil May Cry 1, 2 (secret playable character), 4
Marvel vs Capcom 3, Ultimate MvC 3
Also as Gloria in DMC4, UMvC3
Devil May Cry 2 Novel
Devil May Cry: The Animated Series
Vieutiful Joe (cameo)
SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters DS

Trish was a demon created in the very image of Dante's mother, Eva, so Dante would turn down his guard and be lured into a trap. While in Mundus' control, she is cold, manipulative and cruel. Eventually, she starts developing feelings for Dante when he saves her life even after her betrayal, going as far a to sacrificing herself to save him from her master. She got better, though. Trish ends up joining the Devil May Cry with almost innocent excitement. In the anime, she has gone off on her own, and seems to enjoy playfully picking on Dante and giving him trouble. She declines his invitation to rejoin the Devil May Cry at first, but she's already back by the time DMC4 starts. In DMC4 she is both working with Dante and Lady in the Devil May Cry and spying undercover as Gloria in the Order of the Sword. As Gloria, Trish is very flirtatious and sexually teasing, but she takes on a more refined and humble attitude towards the other members of the Order of the Sword. This is just good acting on her part, though.

Trish's combat style relies heavily upon melee attacks. As athe demon she is, Trish has some degree of superhuman strength, speed, agility and endurance. She has considerable healing factor, healing from a bullet graze in a few seconds. Trish's signature movements, though, are lightning powers. She also seems to be able to use this electricity to teleport from location to location. After the first game, she intersperses this style of fighting with usage of the sword of Sparda and the Luce & Ombra guns. In her disguise as Gloria, she wields two small blades, each of which folds in on itself.

Her shilouette makes the Devil May Cry series' logo. Also, she's got an awesome thunderbolt-shaped cleavage.

DMC First appearance - DIEEEE! I mean I need your help.
DMC4 Dante, Trish & Lady ending scene - Cool guys don't look at explosions.
MvC3 Trailer 2 - Trish at 1:30. Stylish.
MvC3 Combo video - Very kickass.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kanzer

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R1B16: Sami vs. Trish

Post by Kanzer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:40 am

if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:22 am

Sami is my favourite character in one of my favourite games ever (AW1).

Roll out.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Gotta vote for that crazy inf(inite)
Make good choices

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

tough one but i'm actually going to vote for sami mostly because in hindsight she's one of my favorite characters, mostly because she's one of the less gimmicky characters in the series personality wise, and instead makes up for the lack of gimmick by being generally competent and likable. i mean she's got a soldier thing tying into her infantry abilities, but as everyone in the game is a soldier to some degree, it's not nearly as obvious or grating as some of the gimmicks of the other characters.

that said, her actual abilities are memorable and just a tad bit OP when the game revolves around infantry spamming. (naturally, back in the game i considered sami bad because i thought the game revolved around neotank spamming and infantry were just to capture tanks).

I'm sick of most of the characters of AW due to how much I've played it, but when I think back on Sami I remember the good ole days of AW1 when it was just those few Orange Star recruits versus the world.

I technically shouldn't have voted, because the only DMC game I've actually played is the third, but from that description i think that sami could probably kick trish's ass in a fight (mostly by capturing her HQ when she's not looking) and that's what matters
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm

I despise every Advance Wars character except for Sami. That says a lot.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Soldiers. Spam. Sami. Yeah.
My sig is a void.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:32 am

At least this time my favorite is losing to a decent character.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:58 am

Sami overran Trish. It ended 10-3!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis