WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B1: Lash vs. Lucca

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Lash or Lucca?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 am

Image (1) Lash (Advance Wars 2/3)
44%
Image (4) Lucca (Chrono Trigger)
56%

Total votes: 16

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B1: Lash vs. Lucca

Post by HPD » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 am

Yeah, I'm a day late like I predicted. Oh well. Let's just continue right on with Round 2! Lash made a great comeback against Bayonetta last round and stands here now. Lucca beat the old-school rebel Giana. You decide which of these two will continue to the quarterfinals.

You can still vote for Sami or Trish in the last battle of the first round! Get yours in now!

---

(1) Lash
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Since we're an AW fansite, it's not all that suprising that the character who scored highest in nominations hails from that series. Her name is Lash, and she's the little genius of the Black Hole army. She often acts childish and destructive. Her best appearance by far, imho, is in Advance Wars 2, where she was one of the five villains who made your life miserable in the campaign. Lash was responsible for all of the gimmicky Black Hole inventions as gigantic cannons, laser turrets and a Deathray. In AWDS, she becomes playable in the campaign.

"The lava's going to make little people pancakes! Tee hee hee!"

Lash's Theme (AW2) (UPDATED thanks to x0_000)
Lash's Toy Box
Lash in AWDS... playing AWDS

(4) Lucca
Chrono Trigger

Lucca is the brilliant teenage inventor from the highly popular SNES RPG Chrono Trigger. She's repsonsible for some great inventions, one of which is the 'Telepod', a teleporter device that eventually sent the main character, Crono, back in time, starting the game's events. She's usually very witty and fights with guns and her trusty hammer. Yeah, she's cool like that. ;)

Lucca's Theme
Chrono Trigger PSX/DS Opening (it's awesome, watch this)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B1: Lash vs. Lucca

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 am

go lucca

avenge bayonetta's loss
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:36 pm

lash was always the co I played as, and she's actually interesting as a character

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Lash. Period.
My sig is a void.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 am

one of these characters is an obnoxious little girl who makes stupid inventions and

wait

who am i talking about here

crumpets
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Wow this is close.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:35 am

fudge Lash.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:21 am

Lucca wins 7-9! Clearly, she is the better inventor of the two!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis