WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B7: Gruntilda vs. Mia

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Gruntilda or Mia?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 am

Image (8) Gruntilda Winkybunion (Banjo-Kazooie Series)
46%
Image (5) Mia (Fire Emblem 9/10)
54%

Total votes: 13

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B7: Gruntilda vs. Mia

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 am

Are you going to stop or help SHODAN winning this one?

Well, we're quite nearly done with the second round. It's gonna go blazing fast from now on. With a new battle every two days, the final is approaching rapidly. Buuuut since we're not there yet let's focus on the here and now! Grunty is one of the contestants who's going to see some action today. She had a tough battle against Naija in the previous round, but she came out on top. Mia, on the other hand, quite soundly beat Tira. Today, they're up against each other. Let's see who's superior!

---

(8) Gruntilda Winkybunion
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Gruntilda Winkybunion (often called Grunty for short) is an evil witch and the prime antagonist of the Banjo-Kazooie series. She is pretty much what you would expect from an evil witch: she does magic and flies around on a broomstick. Her appearance and personality is quite comical and she likes to talk in rhymes.

Banjo-Kazooie intro
Gruntilda's Boss battle theme

(5) Mia
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Mia is a Myrmidon who appears in two of the many games in the Fire Emblem franchise: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, also known as FE 9 and 10, respectively. She is an eccentric and upbeat swordswoman who joined up with the Greil mercenaries led by Ike. She is always seeking for her arch rival, who is supposedly "clad in white".

Mia in a cutscene from Radiant Dawn
Mia in Path of Radiance (she appears at around 4:30)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B7: Gruntilda vs. Mia

Post by monkymeet » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:39 am

Good god I forgot how awful the 3d FEs' voice acting is.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - R2B7: Gruntilda vs. Mia

Post by HPD » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 am

Woah. Mia really got a close one on this. Gruntilda took the early lead but couldn't take it to the finish. Mia wins 6-7!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis