WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF1: Lucca vs. Raine

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Lucca or Raine?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 am

Image (4) Lucca (Chrono Trigger)
33%
Image (2) Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
67%

Total votes: 15

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF1: Lucca vs. Raine

Post by HPD » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:08 am

So, the Olympics are at an end, but not the Character Battle. We still have like two more weeks to go before our champion is crowned. ;)

We have arrived at the Quarter Finals, though. The numbers have almost been brought back to eight. We still have Kazooie vs. Sami to decide, so why don't you go there right now and vote?

Let's cut the numbers down further. Only four will eventually advance to the semis. One of them is either Chrono Trigger's Lucca or Tales of Symphonia's Raine. Lucca triumphed over Giana in the first round and defeated her fellow inventor Lash in the second. Raine took care of two Mass Effect characters in Kelly Chambers and Samantha Traynor.

Who will win?

---

(4) Lucca
Chrono Trigger

Lucca is the brilliant teenage inventor from the highly popular SNES RPG Chrono Trigger. She's repsonsible for some great inventions, one of which is the 'Telepod', a teleporter device that eventually sent the main character, Crono, back in time, starting the game's events. She's usually very witty and fights with guns and her trusty hammer. Yeah, she's cool like that. ;)

Lucca's Theme
Chrono Trigger PSX/DS Opening (it's awesome, watch this)

(2) Raine Sage
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Ah, Raine Sage. Once the unofficial mascot of WWN during the Newbie era. Those were the times, man. You should've been there. But some of you are not, so hence this little introduction. We know Raine from Tales of Symphonia, the bestseller J-RPG originally released on the GameCube. Raine is the local teacher in a remote village and very knowledgeable on just about anything. There is but one thing she can't do: cook. No really, she's probably the worst cook in video game history! Later on, she becomes a playable character with a focus on healing and support magic.

Raine's Theme
Raine, best teacher ever
Raine Sage... Ruin Mode!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF1: Lucca vs. Raine

Post by Linkman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

I'm sponsoring a Luca vs. Sami final!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:41 am

Well you won't have it.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am

So crumpets! I'm officially boycotting this contest and voting for Munich by Editors for winner.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 am

And even if she wins, you're still not getting that smiley.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm

I think Raine is a bit more interesting since Lucca is a different version of Lash basically, so I'll voted Raine.
Raine has also more of a chance since she faces the likes of GlaDOS and Sami in the finals.
My sig is a void.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 am

Raine goes to the semifinals. Who would've thought that she hasn't really lost in popularity on WWN since her glory days in 2005. 5-10, great show!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis