WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF4: Mia vs. Sami

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Mia or Sami?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 am

Image (5) Mia (Fire Emblem 9/10)
39%
Image (2) Sami (Advance Wars Series)
61%

Total votes: 18

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF4: Mia vs. Sami

Postby HPD » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 am

We're almost home! The last of the quarter finals is finally here. After this one, we'll only have three battles left!

And yes, I am well aware I've been one day behind on three consecutive battles. Things sort of happened in such a way that I was unable to post them at the times I was supposed to. Oh well. You'll forgive me, I'm sure.

Anyway, while GLaDOS and SHODAN are still fighting for that desired spot in the semis (which is a tie right now, go break it dammit!), we now focus on Mia and Sami, whose fates have led them to this arena, where they must fight for their lives! Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

It's Fire Emblem vs. Advance Wars. Place your bets.

---

(5) Mia
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Mia is a Myrmidon who appears in two of the many games in the Fire Emblem franchise: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, also known as FE 9 and 10, respectively. She is an eccentric and upbeat swordswoman who joined up with the Greil mercenaries led by Ike. She is always seeking for her arch rival, who is supposedly "clad in white".

Mia in a cutscene from Radiant Dawn
Mia in Path of Radiance (she appears at around 4:30)

(2) Sami
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Sami is a CO in the Orange Star army and has been around ever since the first Advance Wars game was released back in 2001. Her last appearance was in Dual Strike, after which the series got a reboot in Days of Ruin. In all games she appears in Sami specializes in infantry units. Her powers give these units more firepower, movement and even increased capture speed! While she's friendly and good-natured towards her allies, she's a fierce enemy who's not afraid to tell her enemies to piss off. Don't make her angry!

Also, she's supposedly dating Eagle. No one knows how serious their relationship is, however.

Sami's Theme
And a cool guitar cover of said song
Sami's Debut!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kanzer

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - QF4: Mia vs. Sami

Postby Kanzer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:53 am

This would be Fire Emblem vs Advance Wars if Mia was even close to best female character in the series.

Anyway go go Sami.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Terragent

Postby Terragent » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 am

She's a hell of a lot closer than many. My only likely choice above Mia for that crown would be Tanith, unless you're just talking about game mechanics in which case I guess it'd probably be FE9 Mist or something.

Oh and yeah, voting for Mia.

ThunderWalker

Postby ThunderWalker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Sami, but it wasn't the easiest decision.
My sig is a void.

SJCrew

Postby SJCrew » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Easy vote for Mia lol. She's cheerful, determined, unassuming, friendly, and has some pretty nice legs to boot. I don't remember Sami saying or doing anything I care about, save for that hilarious exchange in To The Rescue. But then again, Eagle's charisma kind of carried the humor there.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 am

Looks like Sami is our last Semi-finalist. Hold on while I prepare that battle.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Return to “The Pool Room”