WWN Character Battle 2012 - SF1: Raine vs. Lin

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Raine or Lin?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 am

Image Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
47%
Image Lin (Days of Ruin)
53%

Total votes: 15

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN Character Battle 2012 - SF1: Raine vs. Lin

Post by HPD » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:57 am

So guys, we're nearly there. The semi-finals are already here. Will we finish before September comes around? Well, no. But that's only by a day or two by my calculations.

Anyways, we still have our last semi-finalist to pick. It's either going to be Mia or Sami. Follow the link and vote for either one for as long as the poll remains open.

But let's get on to picking our first finalist, shall we? It shouldn't surprise you that there are two candidates who qualify, and that it's up to you to pick one of them. I'll present you Raine and Lin! Both characters have done amazingly well so far. Raine made short work of two Mass Effect characters (Kelly Chambers and Samantha Traynor) before finishing off Lucca. Lin got here by a victory over Leona Heidern, a hard-fought battle with Samus and came out victorious against Ms. Fortune.

Have fun picking your finalist!

---

(2) Raine Sage
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Ah, Raine Sage. Once the unofficial mascot of WWN during the Newbie era. Those were the times, man. You should've been there. But some of you are not, so hence this little introduction. We know Raine from Tales of Symphonia, the bestseller J-RPG originally released on the GameCube. Raine is the local teacher in a remote village and very knowledgeable on just about anything. There is but one thing she can't do: cook. No really, she's probably the worst cook in video game history! Later on, she becomes a playable character with a focus on healing and support magic.

Raine's Theme
Raine, best teacher ever
Raine Sage... Ruin Mode!

(4) Lin
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Lin is the second-in-command of the 12th Battalion, nicknamed Brenner's Wolves (after commander Brenner). She is an apt tactician and logician and adds a more cynical point of view to Brenner's ideas on the goodness of humanity. She does respect the man a great deal, though. In-game, she's one of the stronger COs out there.

Supreme Logician (Lin's Theme)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - SF1: Raine vs. Lin

Post by Narts » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 am

who the hell is that random crappily drawn anime girl supposed to be anyway

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Character Battle 2012 - SF1: Raine vs. Lin

Post by HPD » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 am

Huh. So Lin made a last-minute comeback and beat Raine by one point.

How the hell did an AW character end up in the finals of an AW community's character contest? DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis