CCO Tourney Round 1: Khan vs. Dante

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Which CO do you like better?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:06 am

CO: Khan
55%
CO: Dante
45%

Total votes: 22

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:03 pm

Woo, that ties it up.. again. 9-9.
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:15 pm

if it ends up a tie will NovaCid be voting the winner?
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Chaos-Creator

Post by Chaos-Creator » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:31 am

Unless, of course, your cousin's vote counts, but we will see how a tie ends up, this is NovaCid9's decision...
That's "C-C" to you, with a dash.

*insert picture of my name in awesomeness here*

NovaCid9

Post by NovaCid9 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:31 pm

I'm choosing to count your friend's vote YuGi, as they backed it up decently. Which means we have a tie. As I have not yet voted, this means I get to cast the final deciding vote. Let's have a look.

Both COs have creative aspects that are nothing special, so that doesn't really help. As far as d2d, Khan is bland. Dante has a very interesting ability. However, right now it is clearly rather weak, and I can see how it would be difficult to balance. Dante has some good powers as well, although they are clearly situational. However, the addition of a two star power which removes his weakness is very nice, as it makes up for his generally underpowered d2d. Khan's powers are also highly situational. The enemy luck drop can be used anytime, but the bonus based on destroyed units is far riskier. It can be very useful, but it can also be utterly useless. As it stands, I'm going to have to vote for Khan. Dante has very creative abilities, but his balance in his current form is a little shaky, although somewhat aided by his powers. Khan's powers are not perfect, but they seem pretty well constructed.

And thus, by a one vote margin, Khan takes victory in the first round. Congrats to Chaos-Creator, and my condolences to YuGi on a tough loss.

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:17 am

FUDGE! Well.. good game Chaos-Creator.
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Chaos-Creator

Post by Chaos-Creator » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 am

Yeah, very close. It doesn't look like I have much chance at all of winning in the next round.
That's "C-C" to you, with a dash.

*insert picture of my name in awesomeness here*