CCO Tourney Round 1: Ember vs. Henry Clampett

This is the Archive Forum. Old Debates, Tournaments and Threads worthy of note will be stored here.

Which CO do you like better?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:33 am

CO: Ember
93%
CO: Henry Clampett
7%

Total votes: 15

NovaCid9

CCO Tourney Round 1: Ember vs. Henry Clampett

Post by NovaCid9 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:33 am

Thanks for waiting. I just didn't have the energy to post last night. So, today we begin the second half of the first round of the CCO Tourney. Normally, these rounds would last three days. Unfortunately, three days from now is Easter, and I won't be able to get to my computer then. So, these next five rounds will last four days instead. With that out of the way, let us begin.

In this corner, created by Tronn_Bonne, we have the ruthless, beligerent, and somewhat uncontrollable CO, Ember. And in the other corner, created by I'm Hungry, we have the hunter/trapper CO, the effecient commander, Henry Clampett.

Theme Music: http://www.geocities.com/x0isleet/ember.mid [Composed by X0_000]
Name: Ember (version 1.0)
Army: Bolt Guard :bh:

Physical Description:
Ember is an attractive woman in her early twenties. She is of average height and has muddy blonde hair that hangs down past her shoulders. Her eyes are icy blue and she always has a hostile, almost mad, gaze. She wears a black and purplish red military uniform typical of the Bolt Guard.

History:
Ember started out as a Special Forces operative in the Black Hole Army. She proved to be an extremely effective combatant and able leader which caused her to quickly rise up the ranks. However, she was also an exceptionally ruthless commander that gained a notorious reputation for excessive violence while conducting an operation. She rarely took prisoners and preferred to annihilate her enemies even when they had surrendered.

Ember’s belligerent nature did not bother Sturm who was in command of Black Hole during her initial years as a CO. What did disturb Sturm was Ember’s tendency to ignore orders to capture the enemy and their territory with minimal damage. More often than not many of Ember’s victories were useless to Sturm since valuable intel was lost and enemy facilities were unnecessarily damaged. Despite this Sturm still made her second-in-command to Hawke who would be the leader of the invasion of Macro Land. However, one of Ember’s subordinate COs by the name of Adder was power hungry and wanted to replace her.

Adder utilized Ember’s tendency to ignore orders to make her look like a traitor and he convinced Sturm that she could not be entrusted with conquering Yellow Comet. Sturm bought Adder’s reasoning and had Ember imprisoned for her past insubordination which is where she remained during the Macro and Omega Wars. Meanwhile, Sturm appointed Adder to be the second-in-command of the Macro Land invasion and Hawke was forced to quickly find another CO to replace Ember. He did this by randomly picking some BH private called Flak.

It was after the Omega War that Ember got her chance for freedom. Black Hole was on the verge of Civil War as different factions formed around the Bolt Guard, led by Kindle, and around the Black Hole Regular Army, led by Hawke. The military prison Ember was housed in favored the Bolt Guard and Kindle, knowledgeable of Ember’s impressive if somewhat dark war record and in need of talented COs, offered Ember a position as a CO in the Bolt Guard. Ember immediately accepted the offer since it not only gave her the opportunity to fight battles again but it also gave her the chance to get revenge against Adder who she knew was responsible for her imprisonment. Thus, Ember was integrated into the Bolt Guard hierarchy and was back on the frontlines.

Personality:
Ember is loud, aggressive, and very quick to anger. She is always barking orders at both her soldiers and her enemies; both of which tend to fear her. She enjoys battles simply for the violence involved in them and she tends to measure victory not in the amount of territory gained but in the number of enemy units destroyed. Ember also cares little about what her superiors think of her actions and will quite regularly ignore orders in order to fight a battle as she sees fit.

In-Game Description:
An extremely belligerent Bolt Guard CO that is notorious for excessive ruthlessness.

:hit: Roses
:miss: Violets

:skill:
Ember is a competent and ruthless CO that excels with any unit type. Thus, she has bland stats day-to-day.

Normal Stats:
All Units 100/100

CO Meter: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: COP: Rampage
Ember orders her units to destroy everything in sight and annihilate all enemy opposition. Thus, all of her units go on a rampage and receive a 20% attack boost whenever they attack an enemy unit with less HP. All units also receive the default 10% defense boost.

COP Stats:
All Units 100/110 [120/110 when attacking an enemy unit with less HP]

:super: SCOP: Scorched Earth
Ember orders her units to take extreme measure when dealing with the enemy. They attack civilians, destroy crops, and burn villages. Thus, all enemy units are dealt 1 HP of mass damage to represent both the demoralizing effects and material loss caused by these actions. Furthermore, all of Ember’s units are whipped up in a frenzy and receive a 35% attack boost whenever they attack an enemy unit with less HP. All units also receive the default 10% defense boost.

SCOP Stats:
All Units 100/110 [135/110 when attacking an enemy unit with less HP]

Quotes:
“Take no prisoners!”
“Hehehe… I’ll destroy you all!”
“I hate you!”
“Hehehe…Now the fun begins.”
“Burn everything!”
“I have fury!”

Victory Quotes:
“I love this job!”

vs.

Name: Henry Clampett

Bio:

Physical Description:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 170 Pounds
Head: Clampett has a full brown beard, Has short brown hair, and wears a 'coon-skin hat
Upper Body: Clampett wears a dark green long sleeve button up jacket, wears a red undershirt, wears a dog tag necklace
Lower Body: Clampett wears a pair of black denim jeans, has a black leather belt complete with a gun holster, wears brown hiking boots

Henry Clampett is a well respected hunter that resides in the nation of Blue Moon. He is definitely a sure shot and has been known to take out a pheasant over 100 yards away. With the exception of Grit, Clampett had the best shot in his town as a kid, but that never bothered him.

Grit and Clampett were great friends who spent a lot of time at the shooting range practicing their shots. After a while, Clampett's skill became matchless while on the hunt. In fact, he became so confident in his abilities that Clampett would often bring about half of the amount of rations and ammo then his companions would.

Clampett has been known to use every part of the animal since he hates to waste anything. After irritating everybody in town with his constant bragging and cockyness, he left for the military with Grit. Clampett was looking for a new challenge and he found it.

Theme: None

Affiliation: Blue Moon

Day To Day:
All units have 20% less fuel

All units have 33% less ammo

Artillery are 130/100 and have plus one range

All other units are bland

After destroying an enemy unit, the unit that dealt the finishing blow has ammo and fuel replenished
Example: If you destroy an Infantry unit with a Mega Tank, your Mega Tank is resupplied

CO Meter: xxxXXXX

<CO Power> CO Power: Camoflauge- All allied units in forests or shoals are hidden as if there is fog of war. Artillery units get a 20/20 boost and plus one range. Also units receive the defualt 10/10 boost

<SCO Power> SCO Power: Locked and Loaded: All units gain 1 movement range.
All units gain a 30/30 boost. Artillery gain a 40/40 boost and have plus one range

I_CAN_SEE_YOU

Post by I_CAN_SEE_YOU » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:03 am

I like Clampett because he fits in more with his hunter instincts in his abilities even though his D2D skill is overpowered.

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:08 am

Wow... Henry Clampett is extremely overpowered. Sorry, but I've gotta vote for Ember...
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:32 am

My vote goes to Ember.

The day to day is uh... bland. :D

The COP sucks... Chances are, if you're finishing a unit off, it has less HP and you don't need the extra firepower. It's literally not going to be used...

The SCOP is better. It actually makes useage of the ability, by combining it with something else.

However, it still feels somewhat underpowered... A bland day to day means that you get a little something for one of your powers. The COP is IMO nearly useless while the SCOP is priced well enough...

I'm unsure, I guess I don't specially like this ability... I don't really sense it as useful...

So the reason I'm voting for Ember?

Henry Clampett has no weakness. The lack of ammo and fuel is made up easily by destroying stuff. And with those artilleries and normal tanks, I'm not sure anything can stop him... The powers make it worse...

It simply isn't well made...
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:00 am

Henry has some balancing issues...

Ember is just more fleshed-out in terms of biography, and has more appeal to her with her abilities. Ember gets my vote.
What can change the nature of a man?

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:28 am

I'm voting Ember, though I feel her COP is underpowered she's an excellent CCO with an great bio, sprite, and original abilities.

Familyguyman

Post by Familyguyman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:58 am

I vote Ember, very well put together, and extremely effective. A bit, bland and maybe a tad weak, but that doesn't change the fact this CCO is one of the best.
Dan = Novacid
David = Me

Dan says:
I'm plenty smart
David says:
exactly
Dan says:
I just have a problem with laziness
David says:
duh
preaching to the chior man
Dan says:
That seems to be very common these days
IT'S AN EPIDEMIC
We'll find the cure later

I got the Annual CG292 Abrupt Topic Change Award.

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:38 am

Ember. I feel like this is going to be like Sephiroth V. Right Pong Paddle, except I wouldn't disagree with it. Henry is totally bland, and Ember seems really well done.
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

NovaCid9

Post by NovaCid9 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:32 am

Ember is a very strong CO, although the abilities seem like they could be more useful. You're going to crush units you probably would have crushed anyway. Still very nice, though, and I suppose it could be handy in certain cases, especially with the SCOP. Henry, on the other hand, does have some balancing issues. Most of his supply problems are handled by his ability to restock when he takes out an enemy. And his artillery are simply scary. I vote for Ember.

amospiritus

Post by amospiritus » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:39 am

I vote for Ember. Henry's got a D2D that negates itself, and is left with super artillery units. He also has a broken CO powers that leave the enemy begging for mercy from his godlike artillery units, hidden in forests.

Ember, on the other hand, is just really well made. I also have to thank Tronn personally because his Sonja and Koal faq on GameFaqs led me to this place and the world of custom COs.

So... uh... thanks. :D
"Fortune cannot take away what she has not given." - Seneca

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:20 am

Ember, better concept and has a sprite and theme.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:55 am

Ember. Clampett is unreasonably overpowered, especially the resupply when attack thingy <_<. His units will rarely run out of fuel.
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:56 am

I think I'm Hungry should've refined his CO a little more.
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:12 am

Ember encourages using infantry to chip away at big units to get your fresh units to pwn them with your leet firepower boost.

<3<3<3 Ember.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:26 am

I want to bump these to the top, so more people can vote.
What can change the nature of a man?

sleepyguy

Post by sleepyguy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:08 am

Ember, I just don't like Henry Clampett because his powers are WAY overpowered.
to be pimpy or not to be pimpy

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:49 pm

I vote Ember. She's more balanced out and her theme is godly. *drool*

Simsar
Location: Somewhere in the vicinity of Website and Occupation

Post by Simsar » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:11 pm

I give it up to Ember, (Hi yes, no one remembers me, I think, which is probably a good thing.) overall she's got all types of Balance. The Day to Day for Clampet, though fitting is nothing short of, OMG BLOODY GOD HIS TANKS DON'T NEED APCS!. Sorry for the caps but that comment pretty much hits the nail on the head for me. APCs though annoying are needed and that day to day power negates their needs entirely.

Anyway I'm rambling, vote goes to Ember.

"You'd be surprised how blind those who are unwilling to see can be." Narro87

NovaCid9

Post by NovaCid9 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:59 am

Well, I don't really think I need to state who won here. In a what can only be called a landslide, the victory goes to Ember.