War Room High Scores - AW1 Version.

The board for discussing the retro, the golden oldies. Debate and discuss all.
-STL-

Re: War Room High Scores - AW1 Version.

Post by -STL- » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Bounty River Sami 17/999 This map is still awesome. Drake can do it too, but i don´t have him. It´s time to play Campaign now i guess.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 pm

how can you think Bounty River is awesome i have no idea, it's the worst map of the series imo, hard in AW1, near to impossible 1.5 AWDS and impossible 14 days in DoR

for full Power you need luck with Sonja sending many units near your HQ, i only got 17/928

edit: actually, in AW1 it's pure hell if you don't use Sami/Drake i'm guessing (never tried so idk)

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Twin Isle Sami 7/999

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 pm

^lol, i didn't notice your post here and i got it aswell, i was about to post it then saw you already got it, updated

edit: Twin Isle Sonja 8/980 i only got 1 kill, will try to make 2

edit2: Twin Isle Sonja 8/999 improved by 3 days killed both Infantrys using 3 Recons, obviously every CO can get this except Kanbei, which i'll try to make a fast win with now

edit3: Twin Isle Kanbei 9/970 lost 2 units, i think i can get 8 days with him too anyway, maybe the kills won't be possible though

edit4: wow, i'd never thought Inf spam would work for the kills, i was able to kill both Infs by day8, but AI moved the Tank in a bad position and i couldn't capture

edit5: Twin Isle Kanbei 8/999 improved by 4 days, on video / never mind, windows movie maker failed once again, it didn't capture crumpets

got it again on video... but i'm ashamed how much luck i had, every single unit went southwest, not even coming near to me, i simply went for the HQ and killed the 2 Infs, it doesn't show off any skills, in my previous attempt i had the Artillery, MD Tank and Rockets near the center

updated scorelist http://alaktorn.wrvids.com/aw1warroomscores.txt

edit6: i forgot to say i got a 16 days win on Bounty River, with Sami and her COP, but i couldn't attack any unit and i had lost many, not sure if 999 would be possible

the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5McmUfkz7C8

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri May 01, 2009 3:31 am

i've found the all CO strat for Spann Island in 7 days (except Kanbei), trying it with Eagle

Spann Island Eagle 7/999 improved by 1 day, sadly i have no CO left to get a 7 days win because i haven't unlocked many and Kanbei can't do it :(

edit: i've been able to start capping at day6 with Kanbei, but i couldn't protect my capture, still it might be possible..

edit2: i think i found Kanbei's strat, but it requires some luck

edit3: fudge... i'd have it if i could OHKO 70HP APC on HQ with 64% from Tank / IT HAPPENED! / Recon attacked my Inf instead of the APC :\

i think it didn't attack my APC cause i brought a Mech inside it... i'll have to get the 64% OHKO again / got it, for some reason the AI doesn't like attacking the APC anymore

AI became smart, it's not possible with Kanbei

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 am

I'm going to guess my guide was not the basis of your strategy in Twin Isle.
What can change the nature of a man?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri May 01, 2009 6:35 am

Ah, Twin Isle is too easy to HQ Cap, i believed u are 1 square short for 7 days b4 i checked, wonder why noone else did it before..
In 6 days Kanbei builds exactly 10 Units so u have to kill only 1 Unit but i think 2 would be doable too in 7 days. Grit is the hardest CO to get Power not Sonja.
After i double-checked everything 6 maps remain as a challenge:

Spann in 6 days ( The APC only moved away when my Mech in HQ Range wasn´t on full health)
Sole Harbour in 6 days ( I started to cap with 5 HP on Day 5, if that Rocket could act nicely, we could srsly think about it)
Land´s End in 8/9/10 (The first APC most likely can´t pass the mountain, but after u appealed some Units it might be possible, haven´t tried it srsly though)
Bounty in 16 days with a score of 999 (I got the Sub went east a few times already, but the remaining didn´t act in my favour, Power is very hard as a Lander coming towards u would block ur Lander, but there´s still the maybe)
Rivers Four in 10/9/8 (10 days will happen i think, 9 days already require to put ur Cap Inf into newly-built Tank range)
Ring Islands in 7 days (Sonja´s Lander =/....)

Edit: 10-3 Cap on Sole Harbour, i´m close

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Fri May 01, 2009 7:46 am

-STL- wrote: Land´s End in 8/9/10 (The first APC most likely can´t pass the mountain, but after u appealed some Units it might be possible, haven´t tried it srsly though)
I don't have high hopes for an APC capture on Land's End. That was my initial approach, and I couldn't get anywhere with it.

If it can be done, it would probably be more reproducible than my routing strategy, though. It's pretty much impossible to know if you can pull off the rout until you hit Day 12, which is why it's so frustrating without savestates.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri May 01, 2009 9:31 am

i'm trying Sole Harbor and i found the 6/999 strategy, but it requires a lot of luck and i haven't succeded yet...

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri May 01, 2009 9:43 am

6/980 so far for me, i have the 2nd kill but i need luck now

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri May 01, 2009 9:51 am

6/999 for me :) updated

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri May 01, 2009 10:08 am

lucky, guess u did the same like me, Day 1-3 Mech+APC ?

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 am

i didn't need any luck for the kills

my built order:
day1 APC+Mech
day2 APC+Inf+Recon
day3 Recon+APC
day4 Recon+Recon
day5 Inf spam
day6 Inf spam

i only lost one unit (MD Tank OHKO'd it, either Inf or APC) and killed both Infantrys with my Recons

and i remembered what Fogel told me to make the Rockets less luck based, saving 2 turns before they attack you make the AI change their movements, i only had to reload 3 times after i remembered that

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am

I can lose no unit and need zero luck on my kills just the Rockets not to attack.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri May 01, 2009 10:34 am

i could've lost 0 units too, that was my first 6 days win :roll:

edit: 17/999 Bounty River Sami, AI sent 1 Tank and 2 Infs with 1 Lander (you need 4 kills), easy enough if you get lucky

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Mon May 04, 2009 12:16 am

i got the NC Rank 999 while unlocking Drake and Grit, Spann Island Drake 7/999 improved by 2 days only Nell missing =) (and well, Kanbei, if it's possible with him)

edit: Stamp Island Drake 9/999 improved by 1 day, Drake can theoretically get 8 days with 2 Landers but i don't think he really can, because you have to destroy the APC Kanbei puts on HQ

edit2: Stamp Islands Grit 9/999 improved by 4 days, DAMN, do his units fail?! i couldn't get one kill, kept restarting forever =_=

i think everyone can get this, even Kanbei, gonna try

edit3: Stamp Islands Kanbei 9/999 improved by 2 days, easiest ever, i got 5 kills (4 needed) and lost 0 units, Kanbei can capture Green by day 8, but you need a transport boost to get Blue in 8

edit4: Stamp Islands Andy 9/999 improved by 1 day

Stamp Islands Max 9/999 improved by 1 day, killed 7 units, 0 lost, even charged COP. Wow.

Stamp Islands Eagle 9/999 improved by 1 day

Twin Isle Grit 9/997 lol... got one unit destroyed, 9 built / 9/999 used a Inf instead of a third Recon, making 10 units total improved by 3 days

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

I´ve managed the APC capture on Pivot Isle with Sami
7/999

Land´s End Sami 9/999 Video
The APC capture is easy O_o

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:29 am

nice scores Julian, i've uploaded them on the scorelist http://alaktorn.wrvids.com/aw1warroomscores.txt

edit: uploaded Julian's Nell Spann 7/999 and Nell Twin Isle 8/999

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:15 am

-STL- wrote: Land´s End Sami 9/999 Video
The APC capture is easy O_o
I'm impressed. And I'm still amazed at how far we've come with that map... for the longest time, it looked like the only possible way to get a perfect score there was using Sami and taking 12 days.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Man, I swear if I ever finish my hack the times will need to be punishing :p
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:42 am

Spann Island Kanbei 7/999 ^^ finally every single CO completes it in 7 days :)

since I don't want to forget it, some notes:

D1 Inf, D2 Tank from SE, D3+ Recon spam, Tank attacks City Inf from south, Inf takes the east Road path, Recons go along Road, one appeals the Tank away, Tank+Recon destroy APC

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Ring Islands 8/999 Drake :) all CO strat (except Kanbei probably) I'm gonna do it with the other COs I have unlocked

edit: nevermind... I forgot I abused Drake's naval boost, only him and Sami can do this strat <_<

dropping a Tank instead of an AA works, and gives enough money for an all CO strat (except Kanbei) :)

Ring Islands 8/999 Grit ^^ finally I got lucky enough =)

edit2: something worth noting: while playing with Sonja, the MD Tank was in HQ range, I started capturing, but instead of attacking my Inf it attacked my Road Tank from City dealing 9HP damage

Ring Islands 8/999 Kanbei, everyone is possible :)

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:35 am

Mid Tank AI is clearly messed up. When I was putting together my Ridge Island video, I had failed attempts where the Mid Tank could reach the HQ, but instead it just stayed where it was.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:12 am

I've done a lot of AW 1 lately so I'll post my 999 scores.

Spann Island - Max - 10 days
Moji Island - Sonja - 13 days
Duo Falls - Sonja - 11 days
Pivot Isle - Sonja - 8 days
Kita Straight - Max - 16 days
Ridge Island - Sonja - 8 days
Mial's Hope - Sonja - 12 days
Twin Isle - Sami - 9 days
Egg Islands - Sami - 11 days
Ring Islands - Sami - 14 days
Last Mission - Sonja - 14 days
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm

your Duo Falls is a new best for Sonja so I added it in the scorelist

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks. I had no idea that I had actually set a record. :lol:
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:27 pm

AW1 and AW2 are really underplayed compared to DS/DoR =P

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 am

Once the project was finished, I lost interest.

I should write FAQs for the maps though.
What can change the nature of a man?

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 am

ALAKTORN wrote:AW1 and AW2 are really underplayed compared to DS/DoR =P
That's a shame. I've come to appreciate AW1 more over the years.

DTaeKim wrote:Once the project was finished, I lost interest.

I should write FAQs for the maps though.
That is not a bad idea since it is hard to find strategies (let alone good strategies) for most of the maps in one place.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 am

I still have no idea how to write a guide for 999 on Land's End without Sami.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Xen

Post by Xen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 am

Spam soft reset? :P

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:57 am

Dragon Fogel wrote:I still have no idea how to write a guide for 999 on Land's End without Sami.
Step 1: Pick Max
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey guys and gals. I just figured out SwifTy's 9 Day Sami on Egg Islands. It's not hard at all (the AI is terrible on this map... it doesn't even defend it's HQ =/). Any interest in the D2D?

I always seem to get better at this game whenever I take a hiatus from it. Maybe I'm getting wiser in my old age =P.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:44 pm

The only challenge in getting a 999 on Egg Islands is Power.

That pretty much holds for Dire Range, too.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

Blackbird! :O weren't you that guy that beat SwifTy many times in DoR? and had promised a Waylon Flies Again D2D? =P

but yeah, anything AW1 related doesn't really require D2Ds, since AI is so stupid it's pretty easy to get the best scores

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:11 am

I wouldn't say I "beat" him. Mostly I just figured out how to do some of the crazy things he had already done. I must apologize about the Waylon promise. I tried for several days and couldn't replicate the AI movements I'd gotten on my original score, so I gave up on it. Right now, I haven't had any new games to play in a while so of course it's time to replay some Advance Wars =D. Advance Campaign still blows my mind, though.

I figured I'd throw out the offer on Egg Islands to fill out some of the front page, since there seem to be a lot of sections that are unwritten. You are correct about Egg Islands being really easy to figure out, though =P.

It's a little frustrating from the standpoint of a spectator, because the different Advance Wars websites all have incomplete information in different areas. If you mashed the information from all the sites together, you would probably get something a lot closer to a comprehensive resource, but obviously that's not gonna happen.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 am

too bad about Waylon :(

if WWN is missing an Egg Islands D2D then you might aswell write it if you can bother ;)

anyway, welcome back and I hope you'll stick around :)

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:35 am

Any interest in 8 Day Ring Islands? Getting the power score seems a little more challenging on this map.

Edit: Add 8 Day Stamp Islands to the pile. I actually struggled quite a bit with the power score. It's funny watching Sami's units ping Kanbei's for like 30% damage, lol.

Had a bit of a rage moment when I realized that this game doesn't overwrite 999 scores if you complete the map in fewer days. Bleh.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 pm

the best scores are here by the way http://alaktorn.wrvids.com/aw1warroomscores.txt

Ring Islands 8/999 is doable by all COs, to get Power with someone like Grit you need a lot of luck and a good strategy

for Stamp Islands I'm pretty sure there was a vid on youtube

yeah, the not overwriteable 999s suck :S

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Yeah AW1 WR is not very interesting because the AI is too stupid. Something challenging is Pivot 7 with Sami f.e. though.

Only 3 maps aren´t done in perfect time. Spann (APC on HQ), Ring Islands (Sonja´s Lander) and Rivers Four which is the hardest WR map.