Advance Wars 2 War Room Fastest Scores

The board for discussing the retro, the golden oldies. Debate and discuss all.
fcastro

Re: Advance Wars 2 War Room Fastest Scores

Post by fcastro » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

Dire Range 9/300 thanks Sami's SCOP. The three kills are recon, bomber and fighter.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 am

You can add anyone except Kanbei for Twin Isle. I made it with Andy, the strat also works for Grit, I'll try to play him too (the strat is a bit annoying with the required stuff). In fact, you remember long time ago when we said that every CO could get the position to cap if only our inf wasnt attacked by inf? We know now that it is possible, so I just had to wait ^^

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 am

Ridge Sami 6/300 :)

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 am

Impressive! That's almost as fast as the AW1 score, despite the additional "capturing infantry must die" handicap of the AW2 AI.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:07 am

Finally!!! Thanks to STL's advice I managed to tie Swifty in Lost Basin with a wonderful 14/300!!! :lol: yes!!!
So now that lets the 13 days for the future challengers ^^

I didnt use Sturm's scop (charged at day 12), but during my tries I managed to rout Sami by 13 days by using it (and even letting a silo unused). Sonja was defeated by HQ cap, so the challenge is to cap her one day earlier. But at day 11 there was inf, mech and recon near HQ >_<, whereas at day 12 she saved for a rocket which made the drop near HQ easier...

However I didnt plan the cap from very begining, Dragonfogel took it in 10 days (with help of silos however), so there must be a way to get it...

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 am

Land´s End Land way is useable in AW2 too^^ 10/300 with Sturm.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Insane =O

edit: 9 now!!! incredible idea to go through land XD

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 am

OMG Lost Basin Sturm 13/300!!! Looks like perfected now, finally...
Here are the main points:

- Early infs are built to cap and make money, however three of them were sent against Sonja

- Sonja's HQ is capped, first take north base with d2 apc and d3 inf, this base is used to build tanks and APC at d9 (as the first apc is killed). Moreover middle built tank and recon are sent before the cap of the north base, and also three infs to clean up the way and lure the indirects. Iirc Only 1 missle was used (at max 2), allowing to kill the tank and freeing a way... At d11 Sonja built only art on her northeast base, allowing a safe drop (while sometimes mech attacked inf instead of injured tank), and then Sonja (sometimes) built art and apc near hq (because her apc was killed at d11) allowing easy cap. However, if it happens that Sonja builds a mech near hq, its not so bad as she often refuses to defend her HQ...

- Sami is quietly routed with the help of missles and scop (used at d12, while it sometimes got foolish and attacked the inf capping Sonja's HQ instead of Sami!!!). However two tricks are used: 1 hp tank is kept alive for avoiding the rebuilding and moreover southwest Sami's base is kept free so that Sami builds less north. When Sami drops an inf near our bases, Tank attacks it, then inf retires and then Sami's tank shall attack tank (sometimes she fears it). From this position we get a free way w/o needing to kill this tank. In my try Sami also built a 2nd tank and AA, I had to kill them at d10 but fortunately she had also lost enough mechs for rebuilding only them. So in fact, only 2 tanks are needed (and they're even allowed to take damage) and then only spam recons...