Advance Wars 2 Campaigns - Optimal Completion Times

The board for discussing the retro, the golden oldies. Debate and discuss all.
donnytondesterkste

Re: Advance Wars 2 Campaigns - Optimal Completion Times

Postby donnytondesterkste » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 am

I have save-states for all the AW2 missions if anybody wants them.
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 am

12 Day Great Sea Battle (NC) confirmed. Getting Lightning Strike charged on Day 12 grants you an additional move, allowing you to reach and destroy the pipe seam with Eagle's Bomber one day earlier. Getting the meter charged and a clear path to advance is a pain, though... Trying this map over and over again damn near slayed me =P. Most units were sacrificed to charge the CO gauge, so the Power and Technique scores suffered considerably. I'm going to try to refine this a bit more, now that I know it's possible. I think writing a D2D will be hard, though. Enemy movement is really random on this map, so I improvised a lot.

I think the final score was 100 Speed - 62 Power - 90 Tech.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:14 am

Ok now it´s time to check if Cleanup can be done in 3 days.
The best you can deal to him is 64% on Day 3. To kill you must have 6HP left for a Plain kill (64*6 = 38% 38%*0,96 = 36%)
4HP Inf deals 16% - 25% to your 7HP Plain Inf

So the best estimation would be:
7HP Plain Inf takes 25%, 5 HP left, 5*55% = 27%, 27%*0,96 = 25%

So if he would attack while doing the same damage as you we would have a very small chance to complete it.

the Estimation is 1 to 500, Flak must have max or max+1 luck = 3 to 150, Andy must have min luck
for the kill assuming you have 7,0 HP, Flak must deal 19% or less, so he must have -1 - -9 luck = 45 to 150 = 3 to 10, Andy must have max luck, meaning 3 to 100 in total.
A total chance of 3 to 50.000, if he even attacks while doing same damage, hmm....

I also got Liberation (HC) in 8/300 with Sami, Andy doesn´t work with this strat though, i use 1 Silos for the far left, then the Enemy Art will be build far left. Sami can open the way and kill the 2 Infs with Mech and Inf and so the last Inf can move up 3N and block the Enemy Base on Day 7. But i think there will be a way for Andy. And maybe Max too, but it seems hard to cap that Airport.

"Mission 3NC/2HC: Orange Dawn
NC: 4 Days - HQ Capture or Rout - Max
HC: 14 Days - ? - Max"

HC 14 days is HQ Capture.

"Mission 4: Flak Attack
NC: 2 Days - Rout [Secret Map Obtained Automatically] - Max"

You can actually capture the lab map city with your Mech, Rockets and AA kill the Enemy Tank and Flak´s Inf suicides into the AA with SCOP.

"Mission 16: Factory Blues
NC: 7 Days - Destroy Factory - Grit+Kanbei[Max to be confirmed?] ~~~ 8 Days - Destroy Factory - Anyone+Anyone
HC: 11 Days - Destroy Factory - Colin+Max"

Fidel got NC 7/300 with Grit/Max

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Border Skirmish HC 4/300

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:58 am

It makes sense that Border Skirmish can be completed in 4 Days. The map is the same, it just adds more enemies and FoW in HC. Good playing!

You guys are keeping me busy with all the list updates =).

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:03 am

Well Border Skirmish HC is a SCOP cap while NC is a normal cap. The hard point in HC is to lose only 2 units.

Btw you forgot to update Flak Attack.

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:45 am

I decided to leave it as is for informational purposes. You can choose to ignore the city on that map and still unlock the lab, so I decided to keep that mention there for newer players that might be experimenting on the map. Does that make sense, or should I just change it to avoid confusion?

Edit: 12 Day Great Sea Battle (NC) is perfected!

I don't think I could write a D2D for it, because the movements are really random. I could write in general what I did, though, if you'd like to hear it.

I'm really tempted to save the cart, since I'm not sure I'll get the score again so easily >_<.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Nice job^^
(Are Sami and Sensei needed as partner? And for the future will you want to find out the fastest completion for each combo on the CO select maps?)

A Mirror Darkly HC 7/300
6 days are maybe possible in perfect play like in NC. I didn´t replay it in NC yet so my HS is still that crappy 8 days, i will revisit it in my next and final NC run.

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:08 am

Heh, it'll be your final playthrough... unless someone improves a NC map again ;). Most of the maps are certainly optimized, but not all. I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone better and wiser than me improving some scores. I believe Alaktorn has already pointed out that the theoretical minimum for Two Week Test is 7 Days.

Regarding Great Sea Battle, I think your partners could be anyone. Eagle does almost all the work; he has to, because he has to take the most damage and attack the most units in order to charge Lightning Strike. The partners just destroy the northern Black Cannon (for convenience's sake) and fire some missile silos to slow down Hawke's deployment and reduce his final unit count. Sensei reaches the SE island with the silos on it a little faster than Sonja, but that's the only difference I can think of.

The inclusion of partners in the score list is largely for cases were a certain combination is actually necessary to complete in the given time (like Factory Blues, where your partner's tank needs to do a certain amount of damage to destroy the seam quickly enough). I hadn't planned on individually testing every combination; that would take a very long time once you get 9 or more COs to pick from in the lategame maps =P.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 am

Ok i´m at the YC and BM final mission now. For YC mission Colin seems to be the important CO, he can build the Lander on Day 3 (with 11k) so reaching the Airport 1 day earlier. Any YC CO should be possible as helper. His objective is just to do the remaining 14% to Minicannon and Pipe which Colin´s Bomber can´t deal.
On the BM you could do 8 days or even 7 with Grit like in NC, Lash has now more and very powerful Units so maybe Kanbei could be useful to use the land way. But then i could only get 1 of the 2 HS in 1 run. Blue Bomber gets 11 days, 10 days with Colin´s SCOP, but don´t know if it´s chargeable.

Edit: Got a 10/259 (60 Power, 99 Tech) in Factory Blues with Colin´s SCOP´d Bomber, i will try it in the next run with Kanbei, in this run i wanna perfect The Hunt´s End where i need Colin.

Kanbei can get 11/300 on The Hunt´s End with any partner in fact. THe minicannon doesn´t factor CO prices in. In my test it attacked Colin´s Bomber (17600/22000) over Kanbei´s 7HP Battleship 23520/19600) so Kanbei´s Battleship can finish the Pipe on his own while the helper appeals the Minicannon with a Sub. So you can note Kanbei/Anyone, Anyone/Colin for this mission. As i noticed that too late i have to let the Missile glitch as Kanbei can´t attack it as he gets the Battleship 1 day later.
Sonja´s BS deals 38+38+22 = 98 on Day 9-11 with partner´s Sub btw. While with Colin as he can build a Sub on Day 4 Sonja/Sensei can finish with her own Battleship.

So in both missions Colin´s Bomber are not the best choice as it first looked, while Kanbei looks like the best choice for improvements.

Btw why don´t you bold (clearly) perfected missions?

Oh and Blackbird thanks for discovering that AI attacks Loaded APC with high priority which gave us To The Rescue 4.
So it just got changed from any APC to loaded APC from AW1 to AW2.

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Personally, I'm not too keen on the idea of labeling maps as perfected. It's true that some maps are certainly perfected; To the Rescue (NC), for example. In some cases the perfect score seems certain, but not set-in-stone certain. I have a hard time imagining anyone finishing Sinking Feeling in 9 Days, but who's to say there isn't some amazing player out there somewhere that can do it? What if I make a mistake and label an improvable map as perfected, and that discourages players from trying? For example, I would have labeled Cleanup as "perfected" before you brought up the math just a few days ago.

I have also yet to try hard mode, so I can't make any judgments about the perfection of maps on that setting. I would be making blind guesses.

How does everyone else feel about this? If you feel strongly that this is a good idea, give me a holler and I'll add it.

I managed to clear Hot Pursuit (NC) in 9 Days, but I haven't yet figured out how to get any kills during that time =P. So it's a very sad 200 pts, lol.

I think Castro figured out the Loaded APC priority first; he got the 4 Day solution to To The Rescue first, after all ;). I just pointed that out. I don't think Loaded APCs are quite as "autokill" priority as they were in AW1, either. The AI still focus fires Capturing Infantry over a Loaded APC, I believe.

Added the new scores. Let me know if anything's out of place.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 pm

I meant labeling the perfected maps, so we can see which maps we have to work on.
Do you think Sinking Feeling has any chance to be completed in 9 days?

For Cleanup me and Fidel always saw the possibility of 3 days in Cleanup. The math show that´s it´s very unlikely and we must figure more about the AW2 attack behaviour first.

Good job on Hot Pursuit, i will check it out soon. I hope we don´t get the first imperfect Campaign mission there.

Also in AW1 the AI will attack capping Infs over APCs too.

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:38 am

Personally, I don't, but I've been wrong plenty of times before. I didn't think I could get Grit's COP charged on Factory Blues, but you were able to pull that off and improve the score. Maybe I could just label the ones that are perfected with absolute certainty (HQ Rush maps completed in the minimum time, etc).

A hint for Hot Pursuit: I used a mix of Md Tanks and Neotanks as decoys for the Black Cannons.

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:44 am

9 Day Hot Pursuit is perfected! Huzzah! I managed to pick off both Cruisers and a Sub with Grit's Rockets. It looks very easy to repeat, so a D2D will come shortly!

Edit: D2D added. I apologize for the length, lots of different CO's actions to keep track of.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler: Hot Pursuit 9 Days D2D
Hot Pursuit (NC)
300 pts
9 Days
CO: Grit+Max+Jess (Grit is necessary as primary. Other secondaries may be viable. I had Max on the left side and Jess on the right side.)

Grit Day 1:
Deploy 2 Infantry.

Max Day 1:
Deploy 2 Infantry.

Jess Day 1:
Deploy 1 Infantry in W base.

Grit Day 2:
Both Inf 3N.
Deploy Rocket in W base.

Max Day 2:
E Inf 2E, 1N.
W Inf 2W.
Deploy Md Tank in E Base.

Jess Day 2:
Inf 1S, 2W.
Deploy Md Tank in W Base.

Grit Day 3:
W Inf 3W.
E Inf 3E.
W Rocket 4N.
Deploy Rocket in E base.

Max Day 3:
Begin capturing neutral base.
Md Tank 2E, 3N.

Jess Day 3:
Inf 2W, 1N.
Md Tank in 1S, 4W.

Grit Day 4:
Begin capturing both neutral bases.
W Rocket 1W.
E Rocket 4N.
Deploy Rocket in W base.

Max Day 4:
Complete capture.
S Inf 3E.
Md Tank 4E, 1N.
Deploy Neotank in E base.

Jess Day 4:
Begin capturing neutral base.
Md Tank 4N, 1W.
Deploy Neotank in W base.

Grit Day 5:
Complete capture of both bases.
W Rocket attack minicannon.
E Rocket attack minicannon.
S Rocket 4N.
Deploy B Copter.

Max Day 5:
N Inf 2E.
S Inf 3W.
Neotank 4E, 2N.

Jess Day 5:
Complete capture.
Md Tank 5W.
Neotank 4W.

Grit Day 6:
W Rocket 3N, 1W.
E Rocket 3N, 1E.
Remaining Rocket 3N, 1E.
B Copter 3W.
W Inf 1N, 2E. Begin capturing city.
E Inf 3W.
Deploy Rocket in NE base.

Max Day 6:
Md Tank 4N, destroy minicannon.
Neotank 2E, 3N.
E Inf 2W, 1N.
Deploy Md Tank in NE base.
Deploy APC in E base.
Deploy Inf in W base.

Jess Day 6:
Md Tank 5N, destroy minicannon.
Neotank 5N.
Inf 1N.
Deploy Md Tank in NW base.

Sturm Day 6:
Black Cannons attack 2 Md Tanks and a Neotank.
Minicannons attack a Neotank.
B Ship destroys an Inf.

Grit Day 7:
W Rocket 2N.
SE Rocket 1S, 3E.
Remaining Rockets 1E, 2N.
Complete capture.
E Inf 1W, 1N. Begin capturing city.
Deploy Rocket in NW base.

Max Day 7:
Damaged Md Tank 4W, 1S.
Remaining Md Tank 2N, 3W.
Neotank 4W, 1N, 1W.
Load Inf into APC.
Remaining Inf 1E.

Jess Day 7:
Damaged Md Tank 1S.
Remaining Md Tank 4N, 1W.
Neotank attacks B Ship.
Inf 1N.
Deploy Md Tank in NW base.

Sturm Day 7:
Black Cannons attack 2 Md Tanks and a Neotank.
B Ship destroys an Inf.
Sub must surface.

Grit Day 8:
Attack each Black Cannon with a Rocket.
W Rocket 3W.
E Rocket 1E.
B Copter 5W, 1N.
Deploy Rocket in NW base.

Max Day 8:
Attack Cruiser with Md Tank.
Join damaged Md Tanks.
Loaded APC 2W, 1N.
Deploy Sub.

Jess Day 8:
Damaged Md Tank 1S of wood 5W, join to other damaged Md Tank.
Remaining Md Tank 4N, 1W.
Neotank 1N, attack Cruiser.
Inf 3E, begin capturing city.
Deploy T Copter.

Sturm Day 8:
Black Cannons attack 3 Md Tanks.
B Ship attacks APC or retreats.
Cruisers destroy T Copter and B Copter.
Sub attacks your Sub.

Grit Day 9:
Destroy both Cruisers and Sub with your Rockets.
Destroy all 3 Black Cannons with your remaining Rockets.

donnytondesterkste

Postby donnytondesterkste » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 am

Just wondering, what are you planning to do with Hot Pursuit HC? The normal strategy of gimmick blocking the center would be too slow, so I suppose you'll let Sturm stream into the center and sneak a bomber around the back?
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:59 am

It's hard for me to say without having played it yet. I'll figure it out when I get there, I suppose =P.

fetofs

Postby fetofs » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 am

I noticed my TAS of this game is already quite outdated, so I've been improving it... (currently on A Mirror Darkly). I wonder if I could get your help to clarify some of the strategies listed here?

I'm currently doing some experiments on A Mirror Darkly, but that's a little hard to optimize, so a little help on that would be great. Factory Blues and Great Sea Battle also come to mind, they're the missions in which my best attempts are blatantly non-optimal (9-day FB, 16-day GSB).

Also, I read this talk about Cleanup being possible in 3 days, but I can't get the infantries to reach the other side that quickly -- how could that be?

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Sure you will get mine help. And i´m sure Blackbird and fidel help too.

But first what are your rules? In your TAS you said that the most important point is that you use the fewest days but you often used strats that took more days then optimal. So will you go for fewest real time or fewest in game days first?

A Mirror Darkly can be done in 6 days but it´s very very hard, and it´s hard to say what is the optimal here if you go for fewest real time.
On Factoy Blues the fastest should be a 8 day win with Kanbei. Whiole Grit can finish with his COP in 7 days which takes more realtime though.
Same for Great Sea Battle. Eagle´s Bomber gets it in 13 days, but with his SCOP we can finish in 12 days which ofc takes more realtime.
(The Hunt´s ENd can easyly finished with Sensei´s Lander+2 Arts in 8 days)

In Cleanup you can use the APC to get your Infs more east. On day 3 you can kill 1 Enemy Inf with 2 of yours and attack the 2nd with your 3rd Inf. The plan was that Flak´s Inf suicides into 1 of your Inf. But from the calculation it´s either very very hard or impossible.

fetofs

Postby fetofs » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:39 pm

As a general rule of thumb, fewer days also means less real-time. For example, I'm fairly certain that the time you take to trigger Eagle's Lightning Strike in Great Sea Battle is a lot smaller than the time you would take to wait for Hawke to move all of his units (there are a lot of them!).

If I used some bad strategies in my run it was mainly because I wasn't aware of the best strategies. In Factory Blues, for instance, the shortest solution available online was 10 days. It was easy to shorten that to 9 days, but I couldn't find the 8 day win even after playing the same mission for a week. I'm afraid I still wouldn't have finished if I had wanted to do everything perfect the first time through...

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:01 am

The NC missions that I've written specific day to day instructions for are all in this thread. The remainder of the NC missions are only described in the general sense of the overall strategy I used. Check out the "Campaign Diary" for these summaries, as well as extremely useful conjecture from other players, as well.

Unfortunately, Great Sea Battle, A Mirror Darkly, and Factory Blues fall into the latter category. If you would like specific instructions for them, I could go back and write D2Ds for them, but it would be a little while. I've saved my cart before the last mission of the game, so I've got to begin the campaign over and get back to those mid-lategame missions =P.

Feel free to use the D2D's I've written to improve the TAS. I'm particularly proud of Sea of Hope, Two Week Test, and Navy vs Air. You'll need to adapt them a little, of course. I didn't pay particular attention to action economy, and I've included extra actions to secure a 300 pt score in the them, so you will want to strip out the unnecessary movements/kills to save time.

On the topic of the final mission, Colin can indeed attack the Death Ray on Day 8, meaning he can theoretically win on that day. However, getting 6 Stars for his SCOP by then may prove impossible, considering a great deal of your wealth is bound up in the first Bomber you make.

I'll probably try a few more ideas before I throw in the towel and settle for the much easier 9 Day method =).

Edit: Argh, I'm so close! Like 12k more. Why can't the AI just kill itself for me >_<.

fetofs

Postby fetofs » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:53 am

Hmm, currently doing Toy Box, and it's a lot harder than I thought. Here's what's been happening:

An infantry carried by an APC can reach the HQ in 6 days if you go around the mountain, 7 if you go through it, which means you have little (if any) time to stop. Considering the amount of choke points on this mission, that is extremely tough to do. Your funds are also extremely limited, and given that APC+inf costs 6000, you only have money to create maybe one other unit, and if the base is free by day 6, Lash will probably build a tank there unless she has a very good reason to do so elsewhere. Everything summed up, this is proving to be a nightmare to do on 8 days :/

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:12 pm

You'll have to ask castro about that one. I haven't figured out the 8 Day clear yet.

fcastro

Postby fcastro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi! In Toy Box u must go around the mountain by sending mech in apc. The mech is dropped at D5 for fearing AI so that he lets a free way. At d5 Lash didnt build anything near HQ (not sure if that always happens) and at d6 when u carry mech near HQ u block base at same time. The other units are used to get Power by killing some infs. Tell me if something is unclear why playing, I dont fully remember it now.
Btw, can u check if its possible to cap the city lab map within 8 days too? Thanks!

fetofs

Postby fetofs » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:06 am

It seems like you relied on extremely uncommon enemy movement... Here's what day 5 looks like: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/610/toybox.jpg

No matter where I drop the mech to, the 3 enemy infs gang up on either the mech or the APC (the AI never builds anything near the base at d5, so that's not a problem). The only extra units I managed to build are a day 1 inf and a d4 recon, but they aren't helping much. Well, I'm still not giving up, if I manage to do it I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Yep, the movement is pretty rare, finally made it! But the lab map was really uncapturable as far as I could try...
Last edited by fetofs on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fcastro

Postby fcastro » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:27 am

I didnt notice the required move was rare. I will try to play it tomorrow or Monday and find it back.

fcastro

Postby fcastro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:11 am

Hi, I'm sorry it looks like I was remembering wrong. Indeed, if I hadnt notice any way to cap city lab map, its because d1 inf is used for appealing AI. You move that inf north of apc, so that both infs attack him from west woods and north mountain, and u drop the mech west in order to avoid enemy apc on your way. Thats it!

fetofs

Postby fetofs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 am

OMG, looks like I did this the hard way around. I got the AI to do one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen: attack NO units on d5 (except for a single attack on the APC): http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/760/toyboxd6.jpg
The infantry luring the attacks seems pretty logical, I'd tried that before but the ai still insisted on attacking the mech.

fcastro

Postby fcastro » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Great if you would have moved your inf south you could have capped the lab map XD

fetofs

Postby fetofs » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 am

I'm pretty much at a loss here... I don't want to do stages unoptimally, but I just can't get Grit's Arty in a position to attack the pipe on Factory Blues on d6 (even considering his COP).
About that infantry, I don't think the AI would move that way if it were anywhere else...

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 am

Well the space is clear (the Enemy City 3S and 2W of the Pipe), you might want to wait for some good Enemy moves f.e. when a Factory Unit doesn´t move so on the next day the next Unit can´t come out. But as i said a 8 day win should be faster in realtime.

STL

Postby STL » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:41 am

I'm back to AW2!
Foul Play 5/300
The Tank you start with, attacks the left minicannon. On Day 2 the AA is attacked by a Bomber and takes 1 damage, so another Bomber can join it to get the required funds for 2 Rockets.

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:16 am

STL wrote:I'm back to AW2!
Foul Play 5/300
The Tank you start with, attacks the left minicannon. On Day 2 the AA is attacked by a Bomber and takes 1 damage, so another Bomber can join it to get the required funds for 2 Rockets.

That’s fudge ridiculous. By 5 days you can’t reach with any of the air units, which means you have to 3HKO every Cannon. 2 Rockets can get 1 hit on D5 on the middle and right Cannon, but otherwise you just start with 1 Tank, 1 MD, 1 Arty and massive choke points. MD + 2 Tanks doesn’t even work, each Cannon requires 2 MD attacks + 1 Tank attack to be 3HKO’d (Rockets deal the same damage as MDs). You can charge D3 COP which lets you use 2 Silos on D4, the day where you supposedly get at least 2 attacks on the Cannons, then on D5 you can reach another Silo with TC+Inf, but I don’t know how helpful that could be. I’m having a seriously hard time trying to figure this out… Honestly, I can’t even protect my W Rockets from being attacked by Mechs.

Edit: I just noticed that it’s possible to get at least 1 Bomber attack in on the middle Cannon! Idk if this is actually the strategy or not but I’ll keep working on it. /// I’ve got the W Cannon destroyed and the other 2 down to 4HP on D5 now, using 3 Bombers + Tank for the 4 attacks I made. /// Added a BC to the mix, only 1 4HP Cannon left alive.

A Mirror Darkly in 6 days is also stupidly hard, lol. Haven’t even been able to beat the mission yet.

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:43 pm

ALAKTORN wrote:
STL wrote:I'm back to AW2!
Foul Play 5/300

I’ve got the W Cannon destroyed and the other 2 down to 4HP on D5 now, using 3 Bombers + Tank for the 4 attacks I made. /// Added a BC to the mix, only 1 4HP Cannon left alive.

Added a Rockets to the mix and got the 5 days win! Only 212 points though (lol). I didn’t even use STL’s Bombers joining trick, we might even be using completely different strats. I just used 2 MD attacks on the first pipe, 1 Arty and D1 built Arty + Bombers/BCs to destroy the other pipes and advance forward in order to reach on D5; D2 Rockets, then move them into position; while doing so an AA and a ≈ 3HP Mech attack it, but it still lives with ≈ 2HP which does 9% to Cannons and it only needs 4% to destroy after a Bomber attack.

I’ll try to get the 300 and then optimize it for speed, then I’ll make a vid. Edit: 2/21 lost, 4/39 killed, that should be 300 but I forgot to move a BC lol. /// Just had 5HP Rockets to attack with, the Mech’s movement is RNG. /// I actually think I got really lucky with that. I had a rare Tank movement (attacked my Tank on D2) and that makes it so it doesn’t come South enough to destroy my Rockets. I may still be able to protect the Rockets but I’d need to build a few units maybe… 5/300: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJxEZs4q3I

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:51 pm

I got A Mirror Darkly 6/300 on stream but it was insanely messy. Got a highlight of the last 3 days but anything before that is so far back in the broadcast I’m not even sure how to find it. I’ll have to try and figure it all out tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have a proper vid for it.

I wonder if 5 days is possible.

Edit: I have so many insults for this game. Days 2–4 screens: http://imgur.com/a/bkv5m

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:36 am

Got Nature Walk 6/255 completely f***ing randomly. Lost 11 units and Power wasn’t even maxed. Had to bring 3 Tanks, 1 AA and 1 Arty NW, make Lash use her COP on D3 to move the MD down and attack 2 of my Tanks with AA + Tank. Then I SCOP’d (COP should be enough) to destroy the Tank and move a full HP Tank forward, at which point the MD attacked it from 1E without blocking the path and I went on to win. One time I wanted Lash to use her COP but she never f***ing did no matter what, even though she only had it just barely charged. http://www.twitch.tv/alaktorn91/v/42545954 Edit: I think if you use COP on D4 and make Lash use COP on D4 you don’t need any extra units NW. Only 2 Tanks and 1 Arty. Lash’s COP MD does 102% on Road Tank so after Grit’s COP you should be able to survive it with a luck roll.

I must be doing it completely f***ing wrong because this is retarded. I hate this game so much.

Edit: OH MY F***ING GOD THE RECON CAN REFUSE TO ATTACK YOUR TANK AT THE END. THE F***ING TAS GETS 6/295. ._____.'''

6/300: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsq3np8pQfU

16 missions “speed”run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTFCSDgLmw

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Sub 3 minutes RTA Factory Blues in 9 days using only Kanbei strat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX3HQ40LHcs
Same thing, but using Colin and winning in 8 days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPdvcS07N4

For RTA I think Kanbei-only is faster, for TAS 8 days win would be faster. TAS can probably abuse the fact that 1HP Recons can move back to the spawn point and clog it up (so the Arty isn’t built), it’s not consistent for RTA.

I haven’t figured out the 7-days win using Grit’s COP, it sounds pretty ridiculous and I’m not very interested in finding it.

Edit: Just figured out that Kanbei can win in 8 days alone, doesn’t even need COP. 3 Tank attacks + 1 Arty attack are needed. Not sure how consistent/fast this is. /// Seems pretty inconsistent, 2′41″ video with a ≈ 10″ mistake at the end (not killing Inf with Mech + Recon): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9XVRlbR8os

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Factory Blues 7/300 vid with Kanbei + Grit (Max can’t follow this strategy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8enhson7uvM

Return to “Advance Wars 1 & 2 General”