Advance Wars 2 Campaign Walkthrough

The board for discussing the retro, the golden oldies. Debate and discuss all.
DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Advance Wars 2 Campaign Walkthrough

Post by DTaeKim » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:37 pm

Even though I can probably pull off a walkthrough of all the maps in Normal Campaign, there is a far better walkthrough provided by Translucent Air on GameFAQs.

I want to see the Advance Wars 2 section completed for this site. I'm willing to help in any way I can, but should I continue working on Campaign mode?

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:59 pm

I just looked at your strategies.

Your Lash Out strategy strikes me as considerably more complicated than it needs to be... there's no real need to go for Victory March, and if you do you can get it faster than Day 6 without much trouble if you try.

The main focus for the Orange Star missions should be helping beginners, probably. Most people who know the game fairly well will be able to get 300 points on every OS mission without even knowing how the scoring works.

Anyways, if you enjoy doing it, I'd say keep it up... I've been trying to do a guide for Campaign mode myself for some time, but some maps (like Show Stopper) are a pain to write up strategies for. Although I'd be willing to do strategies for some missions myself.

Still, with regards to AW2, I'll probably focus on the War Room. I should really write up my general strategies to Dire Range and Terra Maw... I know those maps quite well, I just don't have the strategies formally written up.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:36 pm

I say go for it, if you enjoy it. I mean, when it comes to actually completing missions, I'm almost foolproof, but my rankings are never that great.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:27 pm

Whatever happened to Translucent Air? He was one of those guys who was one step away from complete mastery of the game, but vanished without a trace, wasn't he?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:00 pm

Like Roma Emu....

It's a plot by IS....anyone who works out how the AI works IS DONE FOR.

But yeah, that guy did disappear quite thoroughly. He did make some nice guides though.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:07 pm

Well, he does post on these forums occasionally.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:31 pm

The main thing we need is the HC guide...
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:15 am

I've never been able to get the AI to move favorable on Lash Out. At about the same time I drop the Mech and two Tanks, Lash's two Anti-Airs are ready and waiting. When I played it, I noted that I charge up Sami's meter just enough to get Victory March.

If there is an easier way, I'm all ears.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:20 am

I never had any real problems there. I don't even remember what I did, other than destroying the infantry just after it captured the base and blocking it up with one of my own immediately. I think I have a short write-up, though. I'll dig it up a bit later.

But if you want to get Victory March, you can just let your expensive sea units get beaten up, being sure to go after Lash's expensive units as well. You can afford some leeway with technique on there. It's possible to charge it in three days, and four shouldn't be that hard to manage.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:24 am

Sounds like the stratregy kikutaro used on Egg Islands. I'll go ahead and mess around with that.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:27 am

I'm quite flattered. Although, I've never actually been quite active on the message board/forum scene; I've always preferred the old-fashioned e-mail communication. (I can't even post on the GameFAQs message boards, in fact.)

As for "Lash Out," if you'd prefer, you can take advantage of the AI movement order - placing Sami's transport copter right up against the enemy infantry on Day 2 and plopping the mech right onto the HQ. That should easily fit in with your current strategy and eliminate 2 days along with the necessity for Victory March.

Although, yes, I am in a sort of retirement - at least until I can find time to actively write walkthroughs again. I'd definitely like to - there is that little known fact that Eagle, Max, and even Kanbei can match Colin in terms of speed for "Final Front" in Campaign.

Nevertheless, I'd definitely encourage you to continue your work; I've always had a penchant for promoting fresh ideas. Besides, my guide is still quite far from complete.

-Translucent Air

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:54 am

Lash Out? That mission was pathetic. I actually captured the base on that mission, and proceeded to rout the enemy. Basically, you want your bship to take two turns destroying the rocket, and you want to move the bship up so that it can fire on all the HQ area. The, move your rocket and artillery up towards the base, along with your APC and a mech. After destroying the sub, drop the tcopter somewhere near the mechs. Another mech and tank should go in the lander. Drop the tank in a forest first, but leave the mech in the lander. You cannot prevent the infantry from capturing the base. However, once it does capture it, destroy it with your rocket and artillery, which should be in shooting range, and then block it with a tank, or drop the mech on it. Capture it in the next two turns. While the mech is capturing, place the APC in front of it. The AA will go for it. With your bship, destroy the cruiser, and start shooting the infantry on the right. Your rocket, artillery, and tank in the west should easily take care of the AA. The other tank should go east and help the bship kill those infantry. Do what you want with the tcopter. If you want to capture the HQ instead of routing, on the turn that you destroy the AA, drop the mech from the lander near the HQ, and proceed to capture it.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:54 am

Translucent Air, your guide is probably the most efficient one out there.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:38 am

Considering its aim, I'd definitely hope it to be. Regardless, I'm still quite flattered.

-Translucent Air

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:15 am

I'm sure that the combined efforts of our board could create a guide far better, no offense TA, your guide is awesome nonetheless, but I think working together we can create a guide much better than any other.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:45 am

No offense taken. Although, I would say my 300pt. 9-day "Hot Pursuit" walkthough for Hard Campaign, somewhere in shorthand storage, could rival your currently listed strategies quite well. It uses a cork similar to the second strategy, but releases it on somewhere about Day 7 or 8 so Sturm's units don't block entrance to the central Black Cannon.

Nonetheless, as I said, I'd like to promote fresh ideas. While many of my walkthroughs strive for efficiency in speed, they can at times fail at facile reproduction due to that efficiency. Afterall, when baekdoosan of AW Revival fame inquired about using my work, I recommended he continue his personal work. So, yes, I'd love to see a joint effort to produce a guide better than any other.

Of course, it couldn't be deemed a fair fight until both guides were complete.

-Translucent Air

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:04 am

On the other hand, the faster a guide is, the better of a chance for more favorable AI movement.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:06 am

Translucent Air wrote:No offense taken. Although, I would say my 300pt. 9-day "Hot Pursuit" walkthough for Hard Campaign, somewhere in shorthand storage, could rival your currently listed strategies quite well. It uses a cork similar to the second strategy, but releases it on somewhere about Day 7 or 8 so Sturm's units don't block entrance to the central Black Cannon.

Nonetheless, as I said, I'd like to promote fresh ideas. While many of my walkthroughs strive for efficiency in speed, they can at times fail at facile reproduction due to that efficiency. Afterall, when baekdoosan of AW Revival fame inquired about using my work, I recommended he continue his personal work. So, yes, I'd love to see a joint effort to produce a guide better than any other.

Of course, it couldn't be deemed a fair fight until both guides were complete.

-Translucent Air
Hmm? Could you post your guide? I adapted the Hot Pursuit guide from Inconderterion, but I used Typhoon a great many times combine with Grit's indirects from the side to weaken them enough. If you release it, you still can't hope to have enough forces to defeat the central forces.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:44 pm

The goal isn't to defeat Sturm's army; it's to eliminate the three Black Cannons. So, you barely even need take on his central forces. The hole is plugged only long enough so that the central army doesn't take casualties while a bomber is brought from the east to finish the mission. If you don't release the funnel, Sturm's forces will block entry the the central Black Cannon. Consequently, you let it run and take casualties on Day 8. It might even be possible for the central army to only take damage and not even lose a unit.

Although I've been speaking in general terms, the COs necessary, for 9 days at least, are Grit, Eagle, and Max - commanding the central, western, and eastern armies. Grit basically meets Sturm's infantry with the predeployed anti-air at the chokepoint to create the cork, and deploys a few artillery and rockets - to decoy and assist Max in achieving the power aspect. Eagle focuses solely on bombers to take out the western Black Cannon on Day 9. Max deploys two bombers and a fleet of tanks to complete the power aspect and charge his Max Blast by Day 9, along with deploying a few extras the final two days to aid in technique. On Day 8, he situates his leading bomber just far away enough to reach with Max Blast, so as to not attract Sturm's anti-air. Sturm will essentially charge his Meteor Strike but never have a chance to use it.

That summary is the best I can do from memory. If you'd like the fully-fleshed version, I might be able to get that to you sometime around or after late December.

As for the comment regarding speed and AI movement, it's quite true. I'm somewhat embarrassed I forgot. Then again, it was probably better that you said rather than me.

-Translucent Air

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:39 pm

Well, it depends. Sometimes winning one day sooner requires a drastically different strategy and intense amounts of luck to get the right movement/damage, while winning one day later can be done with far more common enemy activity.

Some optimal-time strategies really are the best way to get through a map on the whole. Some aren't. I've come up with a few - Test of Time HC in 4 days, and Kanbei on Pivot Isle in 8 days come to mind. The first requires good luck with damage done and taken. The second requires very precise and rare enemy movement to be able to finish in time and get 100 Power. I wouldn't recommend either as the best way to get 300 points.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:16 pm

True, which is why I stated that some fail at easy reproduction. Of course, optimal-time strategies tend push the limits of AI movement to a degree sometimes more than necessary - often attempting something one "shouldn't" be able to accomplish. (The 7-day "Toil Ferry" is prime example of this; I don't believe I really ever pinpointed why Hawke would not aim for the infantry on his HQ with Sensei.) Nevertheless, I've always enjoyed trying to work around them, with some of the notes scattered around the guide as well as providing non-optimal guides.

In general, however, the more days allowed, the more chance for variation exists. Eliminating a few days can potentially render moot the necessity of some action - for instance, Forgotten_One's need for Victory March. As long as the extremes of "fast" aren't pushed to the limits, faster is usually better, even for power and technique aspects at times.

-Translucent Air

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:01 pm

HOLY CRAP!

Translucent Air?

*worships*

Your Perfect S guide saved me many pains back when I wasn't very good at the game.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:09 pm

I agree; this tends to be especially true for power on War Room maps and others with enemy bases, as it has a lower threshold. I consider my 9-day general strategy for Toil Ferry to be an example - while it may be possible to do it in 8, that wouldn't be nearly as reliable. But the strategy is considerably easier to pull off than most strategies that would take more days.

This is less true with maps where the only enemy forces are predeployed. Taking your time often makes things easier on those, as you have less enemy units to deal with at once. The main exceptions are maps with an imposed time limit.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Translucent Air wrote:The goal isn't to defeat Sturm's army; it's to eliminate the three Black Cannons. So, you barely even need take on his central forces. The hole is plugged only long enough so that the central army doesn't take casualties while a bomber is brought from the east to finish the mission. If you don't release the funnel, Sturm's forces will block entry the the central Black Cannon. Consequently, you let it run and take casualties on Day 8. It might even be possible for the central army to only take damage and not even lose a unit.

Although I've been speaking in general terms, the COs necessary, for 9 days at least, are Grit, Eagle, and Max - commanding the central, western, and eastern armies. Grit basically meets Sturm's infantry with the predeployed anti-air at the chokepoint to create the cork, and deploys a few artillery and rockets - to decoy and assist Max in achieving the power aspect. Eagle focuses solely on bombers to take out the western Black Cannon on Day 9. Max deploys two bombers and a fleet of tanks to complete the power aspect and charge his Max Blast by Day 9, along with deploying a few extras the final two days to aid in technique. On Day 8, he situates his leading bomber just far away enough to reach with Max Blast, so as to not attract Sturm's anti-air. Sturm will essentially charge his Meteor Strike but never have a chance to use it.

That summary is the best I can do from memory. If you'd like the fully-fleshed version, I might be able to get that to you sometime around or after late December.

As for the comment regarding speed and AI movement, it's quite true. I'm somewhat embarrassed I forgot. Then again, it was probably better that you said rather than me.

-Translucent Air
Hmmm...I see where you're going with this. But with Drake on the left and Grit on the right, neither one of them had a bomber fit for this job. I used Kanbei in the middle, obviously. I think that this strategy could work, but the problem is that only Kanbei can do the plug, other COs get attacked by the mech. That means that every day you have to spend 9600 to buy an AA to join, probably most of your funds. I remember routing Sturm do to my strategy, I built rockets on the sides, and unplugged the hole when I had enough forces to beat him. I did lose a bit of speed there, but my power score was full because of three typhoons and a mass of 4hp units (which many joined, grr). I would reccommend simply Typhooning and attacking from the sides until the neotanks and AA are gone. After that, you can adapt to your strategy.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:08 am

You're attempting to cork on Day 2, in which you've a mech to fight against, requiring your steady deployment of anti-air. In actuality, depending on Sturm's movement, only Kanbei can eliminate the infantry occupying the cork position and provide the tank access on Day 2.

On the other hand, I employ the cork on Day 3 - where the cork only faces an infantry at the plug and not a mech. The mech occupying the cork position is eliminated by Grit's artillery and a tank while the anti-air moves in. The other mech is left to capture the airport and eliminated during capture. Having only an infantry meet the anti-air allows a single non-replenshed cork to survive as long as necessary. (Sturm's 2HP infantry will not attack Grit's 1HP anti-air unless Meteor Strike is invoked - despite the fact that if the anti-air was attacked by the Black Cannon twice at 1HP, the infantry would easily eliminate the anti-air. Of course, you can bring up artillery decoys to eliminate the case of the anti-air hang by a thread.) When you've released the cork Sturm has only one day to deal any damage to Grit; before Sturm's next turn came come around, Max has already completed the mission objective.

If you're wondering, all the initial units of of the western and eastern allied armies are eliminated by Sturm's forces. They only serve to capture the nearest deployment property and deal enough damage to Sturm's anti-air units so that they are highly reluctant to attack Eagle or Max's bombers. So, yes, Max will push it to meet 15 units on Day 9; however, it's entirely possible to do.

-Translucent Air
Last edited by Translucent Air on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:13 am

So...you didn't need the constant unit? That's GENIUS! Although Grit is handier on the sides despite his artillery's usefulness in the center. Perhaps Andy in the middle? I want Drake as a damager on the side, and I want Grit somewhere, preferably on the right. As for those sides, I actually routed Sturm easily there. Drake was almost eliminated on purpose, I just needed a Md. Tank and artilleries to get up there, I fed the sea units the most expensive units I could. Grit was the destroyer of the final center cannon in a Super Snipe, where I got my power score from a line of rockets firing behind the pipeline.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:23 am

By corking on Day 3, Grit's extended range faciliates that process the best. It hopefully wouldn't be too hard to come up with something that would work with other COs.

Of course, by executing in 9 days, Sturm's forces spend little time in the central area below the cork. But, yes, I used Grit's rockets to help enable Max with the power aspect, so I still did use his facilities to provide aid. You're just going one way; I'm going the other.

Almost forgot: I'm glad you were able to take something away from it, Hans Stockmann.

-Translucent Air

P.S. Andy will actually do just fine, Grit isn't necessary at all in the 9-day strategy. In fact, it seems that Sturm's 2HP infantry will not attack a 100% offense 1HP anti-air, even with Meteor Strike. (Olaf being the case tested.) This, of course, means that you can extend this non-replenished cork for as long you'd want - apparently no matter what. So you should easily be able to take your time with any desired COs on the sides and leisurely complete the mission. Although, I'd exercise some caution in having Sturm's units join with such a weak cork; space may be created for the infantry to move back and another unit to attack. Of course, movement order might render the possibility moot.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:23 am

I don't care for the 9-day strategy. The easiest 300 strategy is probably what we're looking for in the guide. Btw, what is the time limit? It has to be rather long, I completed it after day 15? and still got 100 speed. The only hard part is power, since so many troops are concentrated in one area, combined with the fact that you have 3 COs that split the forces. Technique seems easy enough, sacrifice two armies so that the third gets a clear shot at victory. How did you destroy all 5 units in a day? Was it when you uncorked it and simply bashed Sturm before destroying the cannon?

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:47 am

You have 20 days to get 100 Speed. I know because I barely managed to do it that fast my first time.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:12 pm

I understood that you didn't care for the 9-day completion, which was the reason for me attempting to try to adapt it to a general case. In my experience, Sturm would usually eliminate the Grit's blockade once he obtained Meteor Strike. So once that happens, the strategy would no longer be valid - and you can't possibly attempt to hold off his Meteor Strike forever. With the apparent new case, you wouldn't have to. As Dragon Fogel stated earlier, something that works one day may totally be rendered invalid over the next five days, for example - and I wasn't sure if this would fall under that category.

To answer your question, however, removing the cork is only necessary to allow a bomber entry to the central Black Cannon. Power is obtained totally independently. Max deploys an initial bomber to handle both Black Cannons. A second bomber makes rounds weakening a battleship and medium tank. Once Max has a fleet of four tanks ready, the units along with the second bomber take out five units in the eastern section - with some of them already weakened by the central CO. Not one of Sturm's units on the eastern front is eliminated until the final day. Essentially, everything - power, technique, and mission completion - is taken care of on the last day.

If you're attempting an indirect attack on the central Black Cannon, upon which you seem set, it's doubtful you'd need to even bother release the blockade. Just spend time obtaining control of either the east or west then fire away.

With that, I'd wager you'd be set. Good luck!

-Translucent Air

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:24 pm

Well, with your meteor problem, remember how I put Drake on the left as a lure? I spammed mechs and stuff to lure the meteor with him. Problem solved.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:38 pm

I don't believe you understood; it's not the meteor itself that would enhance Sturm's ability to attack. It's the potential boost in attack and defense that would be the enabler. (A 1HP anti-air is still a 1HP anti-air even after being hit by the meteor of Meteor Strike.) It doesn't matter where the meteor strikes at all; the problem would have been having it occur at all.

Nevertheless, I do look forward to what you come up with.

-Translucent Air

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:06 pm

I see. What if on that turn (you check and make sure Sturm gets the meteor) you join the AA, then place a tank on the other space, so that each gets one hit, and your AA stays intact? Sturm will only get the meteor 2 or 3 times, depending on your play, so you should be able to prepare for this.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:08 pm

Possible answer... join another anti-air to the damaged one, and get something more expensive to draw the cannon fire away.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:12 pm

It's pretty much the other plug strategy...except the other one involves getting an expensive unit every day, whereas this adapts both to avoid having to always provide a lure, while using the lure to avoid the meteor.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:51 pm

I actually just spent the last couple posts trying to state that such security probably wouldn't be needed as it seems a rare occurence. (With an 1HP anti-air from Olaf and Sonja, Sturm would not attack with Meteor Strike. I've had trouble duplicating it with Grit even.)

Of course, yes, both are viable. Should you choose, you can even bring his infantry down to 1HP with a 1HP allied artillery (achieved through attacks by cannons), if necessary. That brings down Sturm's possible attack to 0% (instead of 1%) against a 1HP anti-air - with Meteor Strike even.

Nevertheless, the point was that all this probably isn't needed at all - and that, usually, it seems a 1HP allied anti-air will withstand Sturm's 2HP (or 1HP) infantry, despite any possible Meteor Strike.

-Translucent Air

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:57 pm

How many attacks could it survive? Doesn't the infantry take away partial HP?

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:11 pm

It doesn't have to - the sheer impending result of the counterattack usually prevents such a confrontation.

For instance, one of Sturm's 5HP anti-air is usually loathe to attack one of Eagle's 10HP bombers. Although, in this example, the chance of attack is a bit higher. In the case of the 2HP infantry versus the 1HP anti-air, the possibility appears much lower, keeping the deadlock and resultant cork.

To answer the question directly, though, it'd mostly depend on the roll of a die (i.e. the random number generator). Although, at best, it would be 10 times for a displayed damage of 1%. Of course, this isn't factoring in the counterattack it receives each successive time. For the 0% case, it's probably to a much lesser degree, but the roll of the die would likely offset it as well.

-Translucent Air

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:35 pm

In other words, if the infantry is strong enough to destroy it, it will. But usually it isn't strong enough, so it won't attack.

Moving on, what is the best strategy for Drake's Dillema? This is another mission that many complain of, because the power score is so hard to get. The speed limit is pretty high, and technique, you have enough boats to sustain that. But power score, how do you get it? My strategy, remembering Kanbei's stats don't count, I placed meatshield tanks with Drake's artillery backing. Of course Kanbei couldn't withstand the huge masses of Hawke's units, but I blitzed Hawke in the fog and did at least 5 damage to most of his weak units. After a Black Wave, my joined cruisers gave me plenty of money for 2 neotanks. It took quite a lot of preparation, but I got a few bombers to the bottom, ready to destroy the final cannon. Final day, by this time Drake had a lot of neos and artillery, Drake blitzed again, rushing through the southern section of the bay and nearly eliminating Hawke's forces (they tried to run, but were blockaded by Kanbei's tanks to the north). I destroyed I think almost 10 units, giving me a full power score, and then which I proceeded to take out the final cannon.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:49 am

If the question was posed towards me personally, I suppose you could use the general strategy I've used in my 8-day walkthrough - use non-essential naval units as cannon fodder (for Hawke's units and not the Black Cannons) and have Kanbei prohibit Hawke's deployment capabilities. Drake's battleships coupled with Typhoon can easily eliminate some of Hawke's less armored full HP units, while land support takes care of the rest for the power aspect.

As long as I have a semblance of documentation I'll probably be able to help; however, as I said, I'm in a sort of retirement. Quite frankly, I'd rather see what everyone else can come up with. If I'm turned to for all the strategies, I might as well be writing the walkthrough myself!

With that, I'll attempt to recuse myself in future discussion. Nevertheless, if your strategy still provided for full speed, I'd say stick with it. While you may possibly not consider it the best, it's likely still quite viable.

-Translucent Air