what's up with nell and sami?

The board for discussing the retro, the golden oldies. Debate and discuss all.
delpo

what's up with nell and sami?

Postby delpo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 pm

just beat aw1 for the second time, and I'm confused about nell and sami. I don't understand why sami is nell's bitch just because nell is smarter than her. they're both CO's and, therefore, of the same rank, right?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: what's up with nell and sami?

Postby Xenesis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Nell is actually the Commander in Chief - She's the head of the Military in Orange Star.

So she does outrank Sami.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Narts

Postby Narts » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 am

Commanding Officer is also not a rank.

It's just a term to denote someone who's in command of a unit.

Two CO's can perfectly well hold different ranks, as they did in AW4 (Brenner was a captain while Lin was lieutenant IIRC).

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Linkman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:59 am

From what I understand, they are of similar age and apparently went to military school/academy together (though it's not said whether they were in the same year). So Sami might be a tad bitter Nell got a faster track to the top?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Return to “Advance Wars 1 & 2 General”