Twitch Vs Twitch Game of Advance Wars 2

The board for discussing the retro, the golden oldies. Debate and discuss all.
bswaldmann

Twitch Vs Twitch Game of Advance Wars 2

Post by bswaldmann » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm working on setting up a 'Twitch Vs Twitch' game of Advance Wars 2, in the same sort of format as Twitch Plays Pokemon.

I have two streams running, the emulators have already been tested as working, everything is functional.

The issue is if left alone for long enough the emulators time out and crash, so I need people actually playing it in order for it to survive.

So my question is: would the people here be interested in playing 'Twitch Vs Twitch: Advance Wars 2', and if so, which map and CO?

ALAKTORN

Re: Twitch Vs Twitch Game of Advance Wars 2

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:16 pm

I’d probably be interested, couldn’t you let the chatroom pick the map and CO?

bswaldmann

Re: Twitch Vs Twitch Game of Advance Wars 2

Post by bswaldmann » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 pm

ALAKTORN wrote:I’d probably be interested, couldn’t you let the chatroom pick the map and CO?
Probably, the issue is if I leave the game on any idle screen for long enough without input the link cable emulator times out and crashes, and the only fix is a manual reset, so I'm trying to keep it in a game as much as possible.

Anyway, I currently have it set up to run a game on Bean Island between Kanbei and Colin (Links are in my signature) and I'm about to go to bed, so until I figure out a fix for the link cable issue, my only hope is to post it around online and hope enough people are interested in order to keep it alive.