Battle a prettyboy (strictly for testing purposes)

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
Terragent

Battle a prettyboy (strictly for testing purposes)

Post by Terragent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:03 pm

So yeah, you get to battle me to prove that I'm not any good at the game. Um, I mean Gage, yeah, he's the prettyboy who needs to be tested. <_<

FC: 326543 377988

I'm available to battle most of the time but unfortunately I don't have reliable access to a computer, so we'll need to set up rather, um, precise times in order to have a game.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:47 am

Yeah, I should probably start playing people now. Want me to use anyone in particular?
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Nah, anybody is fine. Is Whirly okay with you?

As far as the time goes... it's 4:00 PM here right now, and I won't be able to confirm if things are okay with you today, so say any time from twenty-four through to thirty-two hours or so from now?

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Yeah, I should be free whenever - my only attempt to play a friend code match has thus far been unsuccessful, but hopefully that'll change :S.

Whirly's fine, yeah.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 am

Added your friend code. My code, if you want to play me, is:

4:30 PM (possibly earlier, most likely 4:00 at earliest) to 8 or 9 PM Eastern Time is good for me.

On weekends, almost any time is good for me unless I say otherwise. I guess I'll be willing to play a game tomorrow or Saturday.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Blargh, timezowned. If "whenever" is really fine with you, Fal, how about in ten hours? That's midnight for me and I guess some time mid-afternoon for yourself? We're GMT -8:30 with daylight savings time, I believe.

Guesty: 4:30 PM on Friday for you is 2 PM on Saturday for me (I think I got daylight saving time correct), so that should be absolutely fine for me.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:47 pm

That'd be 2pm for me, which is cool I think. If you want to make it a little earlier then go ahead.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:38 am

Good game, although I guess you were right in that it didn't tell us much about our COs (apart from 'Will+Tank = good lol). Still, nice to know that I can actually play people at least.

Oh, and sorry about leaving abruptly at the end, I pressed the button then realised 'oops I won't be able to talk to Terr anymore'. >_>

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:59 am

the mic actually works for you two?

lol

talking to faceless people over the internet is not cool >:{

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:06 am

Lol, we didn't have any other alternative for communication, and it worked ok. Besides, we're hardly 'faceless people' here. ;)

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:09 am

i just prefer it off

what could really be so important to say to your opponent in a TBS

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:39 am

Terragent wrote:Blargh, timezowned. If "whenever" is really fine with you, Fal, how about in ten hours? That's midnight for me and I guess some time mid-afternoon for yourself? We're GMT -8:30 with daylight savings time, I believe.

Guesty: 4:30 PM on Friday for you is 2 PM on Saturday for me (I think I got daylight saving time correct), so that should be absolutely fine for me.
Um, sorry I didn't come, turned out I had a meeting or something. Totally unexpected.

Can we do something on saturday?

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:52 am

Um, that was me above.

So can we arrange it sometime today again or Saturday?
Sig by Sasquatch.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:53 am

Eh? I must have gotten the timezones wrong, as it's still two hours until I was planning to play you. So, if you're free two hours from this post, you're on. In fact, I think I was an hour out with Fal as well, as he didn't join until 45 minutes or so after the local time I'd specified, so I'd presumably worked things out wrong.

And yeah, I'd love to say it was a good game but it really wasn't as Fal just outplayed me plain and simple. The way it went I'd have only had a chance with Caulder, and even then I was so thoroughly outmaneuvered that I may well have lost anyway. I need to improve my game. :P

Still, playing more matches is the only way to improve. So lol I challenge you, Sven. And Fal, too, when you're free again. ^_^
Voice chat is awesome, even if the mic quality is rather low. You get to say huge, important things like "You don't sound as British as I thought you would" and "Holy crap, a third battleship?" And don't fret about the sudden departure, my battery was redlining anyway.

But yeah, as far as actual CO testing goes I think for now I'd be better off against someone closer to my own skill; so yeah, Guesty: you're on. ;)

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:59 am

priceless

holy crap third battleship

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:21 pm

(BTW, my screen name is "Mr. Newb" on DoR, without the quotation marks.)

For some reason you don't appear in the 4 "groups" when I do friend battle. Are you not on right now, or did you forget the friend code?

Anyway, I formed a new "group" that you can join, I guess.

So yeah, I'm on now. Should I form the "group," or should you?
Sig by Sasquatch.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Nah Terr, the timing was my fault: I'd forgotten that you were only 9 and a half hours ahead rather than 10 hours, and I didn't get online until 15 minutes after I intended to anyway. Good of you to wait for me though! I'm definitely up for another match some time.

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Oh, I can't do it today, when can I do it tomorrow (Saturday)?
Sig by Sasquatch.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Haha, and I'm online right now... Is twenty-four hours from now good for you, Guesty?

And don't worry about the timezone thing, Fal; Adelaide has a tricky one with the nine-and-a-half. ;)

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Hmm, if Guesty's not available, fancy another round against me? :P

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:39 pm

lol three battleships

Sure. Do you mind hosting? I'll be online in ten minutes or so.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:42 pm

Sure, I'll go set everything up.

Edit: Hosting now.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Oh man I suck at AW :P

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 pm

"You're not weak... I'm just way too good!" :P

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:40 am

Terragent wrote:Haha, and I'm online right now... Is twenty-four hours from now good for you, Guesty?

And don't worry about the timezone thing, Fal; Adelaide has a tricky one with the nine-and-a-half. ;)
That'll be 10:43 PM for me, so I'm not sure.

Can we arrange sometime earlier? What's the earliest time you're available?
Sig by Sasquatch.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Well it turns out my internet went on the fritz anyway, so it's a moot point. Shall we say two hours earlier than that for you on the next day (Sunday for you, I think?), Guesty?

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:22 am

Well, my bedtime is 9-ish, so I can only play for like 15-20 minutes or so (unless I negotiate with my parents, which may be slightly harder because there's school tomorrow) with that time. But if you can't do it earlier, that's fine I guess.
Sig by Sasquatch.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 am

Guesty - We need low tier testing. I'll play you on the condition that one of us is Gage and the other one is Will or Lin. I think Gage is worse than those two due to the importance of the CO tank, but only testing will prove that.

That sound good? :)

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Huh, I was defeated by sleep anyway. That's a really awkward timezone matchup, but I guess I can just push it even earlier (plus it's a reason for me to actually get up in the morning :D)

I assume weekday evenings are fine for you? How about two hours earlier than that - 7 PM for you, right? That's nine in the morning for me, which is something I'm unaccustomed to but I really ought to be. ;)

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 am

Well, I'll probably be on then, but I might be a bit slow because I'm chatting with someone else. I can manage that time.

(Out of curiosity, is it summer break for you? Just wondering.)

GipFace: Sure. I added your friend code.

What time should I play you, GipFace?
Sig by Sasquatch.

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:46 am

Sorry for the double post, but I'm on now. And you aren't there. >_>

Did I do your friend code wrong, or are you really not there?

Can you please form the "group"?
Sig by Sasquatch.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Sure. I'll form now......

Hey, want to make this a ladder match? :)

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:54 am

Actually, yes, I'll accept a challenge, just to try out this new ladder thing.

Sorry I didn't come...what time can we do this GipFace?
Sig by Sasquatch.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:52 pm

10AM your time works. That would be 8PM my time.

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 am

Except I'm at school during 10 AM.

So I can only do that on weekends.
Sig by Sasquatch.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:11 am

Hrm. I guess I can arrange an earlier time next Monday. 7AM your time good?

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 am

I think I'm off next Monday, but I don't think I usually wake up that early. Can you arrange 10:00 AM for me, or is that not possible?
Sig by Sasquatch.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Sure.