DoR Ladder: Simple Version

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Sven: I'll play you tomorrow, if that's okay. What time would be good for you?

(For reference, it's about 9 PM here right now.)
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Ok Kitsune, give me 5 minutes and I'll have a game set up. Please post here if you have problems connecting, I've had issues with a couple of people.

My FC is 180514 457518 if you didn't already get it.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:43 pm

I challenge Guesty since no one's challenged him yet :o

Oh, it seems that Netgear routers suck. I can't connect to Sven (he probably has a Netgear router), and three other people that couldn't connect had Netgear routers too. Do yourself a favor and buy a D-Link or LinkSys router.

My router is a D-Link DI-524A, by the way.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Dragon Fogel wrote:Sven: I'll play you tomorrow, if that's okay. What time would be good for you?

(For reference, it's about 9 PM here right now.)
i can do pretty much anytime before your 9PM

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm

I normally don't have connection problems but if I do DC my PC most likely shut down because I'm using the USB connector.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 pm

Okay, Sven, I'll let you know when I'm ready tomorrow.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:19 pm

thefalman defeats Kitsune on Mind Trap.

Gogo Will's COP.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Kitsune (Isabella) defeated by thefalman(Will) via resignation
Map was Mind Trap

I don't think I should pick Isabella anymore, Will obviously has better offense.

Good Game though.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Hmm, I dunno, I think it was just the fact that I got my COP in time to take out your CO tank with a surgical strike. You had me worried there for a moment.

But yes, good game indeed.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:44 am

i use the USB connector

also will is mediocrely awesome

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 am

general rule critique time:

this system, while good for awbw, doesn't really work for DoR where challenges can be done within the hour.

you should be able to issue challenges at any time to any player up to four positions above you. a five day response to a challenge, and refusals, well refusals are gay. only reason you should refuse IMO is if you're forced to defend in more then a game a day.

i don't really care too much about the joining rules, other then that they'll make me have to face a crumpets of crappy players thinking they're tough stuff when they join.

i can give you my opinion of a revised ruleset a little later and you can do what you will with it

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:58 am

Sven, I'm ready to play if you're on.

I'll trade maps first, though. I don't have any decent ones for Vs. at the moment.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 am

what do you know, i just went back on

i'll dump the five best maps i have on you then we'll battle, i suppose

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:03 am

what

i don't want to be reminded of risky vale

it shows all that i cannot do

:(

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:03 am

Okay, thanks for the maps. I'll host - got a map preference?
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 am

no preference

medal maps

that is fudge awesome
Last edited by Sven on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:05 am

Okay, then we'll do Pheasant to make up for the incomplete game last time.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:46 am

holy fudge crumpets i've never seen so many goddamn fudge tanks

there some fetish you have i don't know about or something jesus christ

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 am

Okay, you've got me overwhelmed. I give in.

Good game.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 am

yeah

i was worried for a bit by the sheer number of tanks, but i knew i'd just win out by attrition because you never really used any matchups where you'd get a huge monetary/positional advantage, other then attacking my copter early on with the AA

since i had a million mechs i wasn't really too worried about facing the tanks down, you also built the copter wayyy too late

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 am

what i'm wondering something rulewise about this

what's the policy on fogel asking for a rematch

do i have to oblige him immediately? is that the point of a ladder, with as many battles as possible to determine current ranks?

also forced activity policy depending on how high of a rank you have in ladder, i've seen this implemented in ladders run like this with thousands of people, it worked well apparently.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 am

Yeah, I let myself get boxed in too early. Also, you caught me off guard with that early recon.

I'm still likely to make a lot of mistakes at this point due to sheer inexperience. I think I'm doing okay considering, but I've got a long way to go.

Well, it's fun regardless. And I've mainly been going up against good players so far, which I think has been helping me improve.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

BraveGhostOfYou

Post by BraveGhostOfYou » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm

I would like to join the ladder as well.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:24 pm

Sven wrote:general rule critique time:

this system, while good for awbw, doesn't really work for DoR where challenges can be done within the hour.

you should be able to issue challenges at any time to any player up to four positions above you. a five day response to a challenge, and refusals, well refusals are gay. only reason you should refuse IMO is if you're forced to defend in more then a game a day.

i don't really care too much about the joining rules, other then that they'll make me have to face a crumpets of crappy players thinking they're tough stuff when they join.

i can give you my opinion of a revised ruleset a little later and you can do what you will with it
Sure thing, these rules aren't set in stone and do need some adaptation to the DoR system. Any suggestions will be considered.

Also I think the rematch thing is fine, with the way the rules work the challenger is perfectly entitled to challenge again, but equally the defender doesn't have to accept right away.

And BraveGhostOfYou, go ahead and start making challenges!

Exyen

Post by Exyen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:34 pm

I'd like to sign up aswell if its not too late.

FC: 128973 293337 / Shams

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:36 pm

I'll add you to the list, feel free to make your challenges!

Exyen

Post by Exyen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Challenging SJCrew and Shift Breaker
AW: DoR FC: 128973-293337

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Added to the challenge list.

Oh and Dragon Fogel, when's good to play our game?

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:14 pm

I GO HUNTING FOR WITCHES

HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL

I DECREE AS DOCTOR AWESOME THAT ANYONE IS ALLOWED TO CHALLENGE ME, YOU NEED NOT BE WITHIN 4 RANKS.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:17 pm

... >______>

Well, there goes the system lol. But if you're happy with that then I guess it's cool.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:18 pm

well really the rule is made to protect me, not protect them

if i don't want the protection, so be it lol

i suppose the people below me but above what the new people can play might bitch, but if i'm really so easy to beat why don't they just beat me themselves

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Hmm.

Would free challenges all round work better? I dunno.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:24 pm

well i suppose the rule is to prevent top players from having their time wasted

i'd throw it out for now, especially considering you just randomized the ladder, but i'd reintroduce it once the ranks have settled, perhaps making it even more restrictive.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Sounds reasonable.

Also I'm going to cut down the acceptance period as you suggested, going to 1 week rather than two, may be cut down further if things need speeding up.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 pm

eventually, i think the ladder will probably have fairly set rankings, so limiting it to two up two down or something similar will make it so that i can't just keep spamming the first place person challenges as like 15th place until i finally win one

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Exyen wrote:Challenging SJCrew and Shift Breaker
I'll see about tomorrow. My only chance for seeing my FC is if I use my brother's DS, which he's currently grounded from, so he's going to have to pry it from my mother's cold hands with intense sycophancy.

EDIT: Change of plans, I have the DS. If you're on within the hour, we can play. If not, tomorrow's good.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 am

Sure, provided that we don't get Timezowned, considering that you made the post while I was alseep. I'll go after SJ, if ya' want.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Exyen

Post by Exyen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:38 am

SJCrew: Lol oops umm Im EST so today's fine.
Shift Breaker: Lol um...what time is good for you lol xD
AW: DoR FC: 128973-293337

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:28 am

Sven, I'll probably be in the IRC channel for most of the night if you wanna set up a game there.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 am

rofl, two games and I'm already 8th place on the AWN ladder.

I propose we hijack the entire top ten with our names ~_~