Okay guys, time to revive this retarded community.

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
Treedweller

Okay guys, time to revive this retarded community.

Post by Treedweller » Mon May 12, 2008 8:05 am

In the vein of my old Isabella topic, I'm attempting to revive the competitive aspect of this community, only with emphasis on compiling data for tiers and other aspects of competitive play. If you would like a match, tell me who you're planning on picking in advance. We will play on whatever map of the week I currently have posted; don't like the map, don't ask for a match. Also I will only play people who have proven themselves to be somewhat competent; I don't have a newbie bias, nor am I particularly good, I just want to face people with an understanding of the competitive aspect of AW, thus allowing me to learn. Players who I would be willing to face without question are BG, Kimmy, Terr, Fal, Sven, along with other regulars I'm forgetting.

Map of the Week #1: Whirly *CURRENT WEEK*

My FC: 545585 054090

Format (for my reference:

Code: Select all

[b]Map of the Week #:[/b]
[b]COs Used + Player Names:[/b]
[i]Winner:[/i]
[b]Notable Characteristics of the Battle:[/b]
[i]Crap that Worked:[/i]
[i]Crap that Didn't:[/i]
[b]Anaylsis/Musings[/b]
Be on the lookout for other things. I'm trying to revive the AW section of the site, so if you'd like to discuss that or at the very least aid me in my endeavor by playing a match or two with me I'd be very grateful; I will also probably be PMing people who seemed to have abandoned this site or have visited a lot less including Sven and BG, so yeah. Oh, and if you do play a match with me, I expect you to put up some sort of brief analysis of what you thought about the map, the CO match-up, CO Units, any fatal mistakes you or I might have made, along with any overall changes of attitude towards AW DoR spurred on by the match.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Okay guys, time to revive this retarded community.

Post by HPD » Mon May 12, 2008 8:19 am

Good initiative, Treedy. Reviving stuff IS fairly important.

Now I just need people to help revive Olaf's Chair...
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Delta_Angelfire

Post by Delta_Angelfire » Wed May 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Sounds like fun. I could probably pick up a match wednesday night or thursday if you're interested, but I have Jacon over the weekend.
Image Image

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:40 am

I'm attempting to revive the competitive aspect of this community,
rofl