NEW TOURNAMENT. Join now.

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
Hans Stockmann

NEW TOURNAMENT. Join now.

Post by Hans Stockmann » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Well, since the community's in a bit of a slump in the areas it's supposed to be so great in, it's time for another tournament. Since I'm running it, naturally this means it's old-school. Ish.

Well, you see, Xen made this nifty little thing called the Balance Hack, and we're not using it for anything. At all. So, now is the time for us to do so and have fun. Yes kiddies, that's right, it's time for something you thought you were all free from: ANOTHER SAVESTATE SWAP TOURNAMENT.

I suppose we'll do 16 entrants or something. I don't know. I'm just starting this while in the middle of finishing my ramblings about how well a photo of some disgruntled Tibetans taken from an overhead view is presenting ideas related to the Olympic Torch Relay.

If you don't know what Savestate Swap is, it's when you have a turn on an emulator, save the savestate, then send it to your opponent who then uses it to take his turn and then sends the updates savestate to you. It's tedious, it's time-consuming, but it's the only way we can actually use that Balance Hack. Well, unless you live near any other members and wish to play the match physically. Whoo.

CONTESTANTS
1. Pichu

Feel free to discuss any aspects that should/should not be in this tourney. Yes, Royal Channel is a big no-no.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Re: NEW TOURNAMENT. Join now.

Post by DTaeKim » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:14 am

Does Xen have some Vs. maps on his hack?
What can change the nature of a man?

Delta_Angelfire

Post by Delta_Angelfire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 am

Won't it work over wi-fi friend codes if we both have the same hack setup?
Image Image

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:56 am

he wants to use the balance hack of AW2

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91

yeah you won't get 16 members, just try and get some people fudge around and playing with it, better way to honour WWN's legacy

anyway, pichu, or anyone for that matter. i'll take you on any symmetrical/close to reasonable IS map, you pick your side. considering the hilarious crumpets Xen's done to the game, it's probably no where near balanced, but hey, that's the fun in it all.

also willing to do AW1/AW2 SSS

i trust anyone i play not to luck tamper, my promise to you is that I won't do the same.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:14 am

Sign me up.
What can change the nature of a man?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:59 am

Ahahaha. If we wanted to pick a side unbiased, we'd always have a third party flip a coin in a 3-way MSN convo.

I used to hire Fal for that mostly. Unless I was battling him, of course.

So if you want to do it oldschool, you can contact me on MSN if you want a coin flipped or something silly like that. I use random.org if you want to know.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:33 am

Placeholder post. I'll edit my post as soon as I get my hands on an AW2 ROM and the balance hack.
Just know that if I do get those things, I probably will join the tournament.

I can be a third party for FoW matches, if nothing else.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Just a FYI, there's a bug in the latest version of the hack.

Subs will un-dive when you hit "end turn" so keep that in mind. If you guys actually end up starting this *after* I finish my exams, I'll fix that up. <_<
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.