Misadventures on WiFi

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
DieselPheonix

Misadventures on WiFi

Post by DieselPheonix » Thu May 21, 2009 3:49 pm

I don't know where to put this other than here, and it's not like there's anything else going on.

We finally set up a WiFi connection, so I wasted the better half of the day clocking random guys in DoR online. For some reason, I always got player 2. Of course, when kiwi decided to play a match he got player 1. What the hell.

Highlights include an Isabella mirror match on Bean Island. Player 1 spammed mechs and artillery but didn't field his CO; 4 move mechs did a number on his artillery line. Asphalt Maze tried an early recon but must not have seen mech spam before. Face, Geometric, and Mouse Island were also probably rude awakenings for some tank corp guys. There was also some weird stall match on Marine Bridges which started off as an HQ rush, but eventually player 1 just sat there with his units arranged neatly for me to cut down. It was kinda creepy, actually, and the rain didn't help. For some reason, I got Eon Springs and Portal Bridge three times each, and against Waylon twice, not fun.

So I'm guessing it has to be a friend battle in order to use design maps?

DieselPheonix

Re: Misadventures on WiFi

Post by DieselPheonix » Fri May 22, 2009 5:44 am

Played against two AWBW players judging from the number of infantry they used. Also faced off against one of those dreaded mech corps, but for all the mechs he must've built, he didn't build any on Marine Bridge. I wasn't sure my own mech spam would hold up against a Will recon, but like the Isabella match the other guy didn't deploy his CO. Is there some kind of unspoken rule where you don't deploy your CO?

On that note, CO selection is amusing. Sometimes we'll both sit there with the default choices and scramble for a better CO at the last second, but sometimes it's more amusing just to stick with Brenner and trash a Forsythe or Tabitha player. One time this guy hovered over no CO, so I thought I'd do the same, but then we both picked Gage as the timer ran out.

Is random WiFi really random? Whenever I see someone pick Penny, a sandstorm shows up, without fail.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Re: Misadventures on WiFi

Post by DTaeKim » Fri May 22, 2009 6:26 am

Wi-Fi random IS random.
What can change the nature of a man?