WWN Campaign, Day Five!

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
Sven

WWN Campaign, Day Five!

Post by Sven » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:03 am

Very simply, this is getting ressurected, by two completely different individuals, myself, and AradorVI.

Sorry Lego, but two failed campaigns is NOT a good track record for you. That is basically why we're pretty much stealing it from you and making it our own, just more balanced, more action involved, etc.

If you want to be part of a country, sign up for one of the following COs. The campaign will not start until all spots are filled:

Andy - Frank
Max - Terragent
Jake - Atticus
Olaf - Lego
Sonja - Marceux
Grimm - Terrorboy
Eagle - Kiltman2
Drake - Laureola
Jess - DTaeKim
Flak - RadioShadow
Adder - Fal
Hawke - Gameshark
Jugger - CO Frosty
Koal - Kireato
Javier - Baboonius
Von Bolt - Nobody

Mercenaries:

Kanbei - Dark Conscience
Lash - Deoxy
Colin - X0
Sensei - YuGiOh15
Grit - Nembras
Sasha - Tassadar
Sami - ALTF4

Other:

Sturm - ???
Kindle - ???

Otherwise, sign up as a mercenary with the CO of your choice. The only COs which may not be used, are Sturm and Kindle.

Top Row: Port Sambridge 4.0 Intersite, The Pheasant Has No Agenda Remix, Mountainring Widened.

Second Row: Winding Cliff, Outgrowing Urbanization, Power On Redone, Snail Mail Influenced, Calaveras Isle.

Third Row: 128 Squares Remix, 2p A Narrow Castle Moat Redone, Whirly, Citywar Redone, Riptide Banks.

Fourth Row: Bean Island x2 Redone, Shin Sen Sluice, Battle Forts Redone, 1 on 1, Bos bij een Meertje

Bottom Row: Dizziness, Gyroptic, Fresh Meat (2).

Most of the above maps you should recognize by sight. Ask if reference is needed, I'll put things in after.

OS CIC Frank/Lego/CO_Frosty/Nobody
BM CIC GS/RadioShadow/Laureola/Marceux
GE CIC DTK/Kiltman/Terragent/Baboonius
YC CIC Fal/Kireato/Terrorboy/Atticus

Movement allowed for a CO is two. Capture times are a universal three days for both neutral and hostile properties. It starts tommorow at midnight EST, get your commands in, otherwise I go autocommand. Any questions you can ask via MSN/PM.

Battlewise, it's going to go by a set formula. If you win a battle, you get a credit. Mercenaries can be deployed anywhere a normal CO of yours could be. They can do any action a normal CO can do. If your mercenary loses, they don't get paid and you get your credit back. If they win, their price increases by one for future use, and you make the payment.

Current mercenary prices:

1 - Kanbei - Dark Conscience
1 - Lash - Deoxy
1 - Colin - X0
1 - Sensei - YuGiOh15
1 - Grit - Nembras
1 - Sasha - Tassadar
1 - Sami - ALTF4
Last edited by Sven on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:52 am, edited 27 times in total.

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:03 am

Prologue:

As the Allied Nations came back from the Omega Land conflict, they expected to return home to peace and quiet. They were wrong...

OS- Nell and Andy were left behind to hold Macro Land against the reamining BH forces. Nell was confident that BH would soon crumble forever. Her confidence would be her downfall. In a daring raid on OS under Adder, Nell was killed and Andy was captured. BH forces controlled OS until OS forces from Omega Land returned. Andy, was tortured brutally by Flak and Adder and returned to OS as their pawn. Sami, Max, Jake and Rachel were left devasted by the death of their commander. Rachel left the armed forces and her whereabouts are unknown. Jake, Sami and Max soon realised that Andy was a pawn for something bigger, but could not speak out against Andy, since he had turned OS into a dictatorship formed around himself. Disgusted, they left OS. Sami, left to become a mercenary but like Rachel her whereabouts are unknown. Jake, left for YC since Adder told him that he knew who Nell's killer was and that Adder could help Jake get revenge on him. Max, left for the last country he perceived to be 'good', GE.

Olaf, believing he could dispose of Andy easily and take control of OS, attempted to do so. Instead, he was snared in Andy's trap. Andy forced him to become a CO in OS' Army or otherwise face death. Jugger, who repented for his actions in the Omega Land conflict, left Kindle and with Koal left for Macro Land to help out the remnants of the Allied Nations. They however, lost each in Fog and Jugger was captured by OS. He was reprogrammed to serve Andy. Von Bolt, somehow survived the last battle of Omega Land. Andy, knowing Von Bolt had only a short time to live, offered Von Bolt a chance to once again try to gain immortality. Von Bolt, seeing no other choice, agreed.

BM- With the departure of Olaf, Grit was left in charge. He, however had no interest of looking after BM and was still grieving over the death of his old friend, Nell. Colin, was left confused by the events that had taken place and became closer to Grit, who he began to look at as a father figure. Sasha, decided to leave BM as soon as the Omega Land Conflict ended and became a Mercenary. She was soon to be followed by her comrades...

Hawke, having taken Von Bolt's chair, came back to Macro Land after restoring Omega Land. He realised that war was brewing again, and realised that he would once again have an important part to play in this conflict. Grit, noticing Hawke's return, offered Hawke the position of Head of BM. Hawke accepted, Grit taking Colin with him to become Mercenaries. Hawke immediately started recruiting COs to form the new BM Army. Flak, joined Hawke. Hawke believed that Flak was only loyal to him and trusted Flak with his life, believing that Adder had forced Flak to do his bidding. Drake, left GE with Jess' allowance to join BM to help out Hawke. Sonja, unable to go home to YC also joined BM giving Hawke an impressive range of COs to work with.

GE- Eagle, watching his love Sami falling into despair tried to comfort her. When she left OS Eagle tried to find out where she'd gone. On a journey that took many months, spanning several continents was unable to find her. Returning to GE, he found that he had been replaced by Jess as CIC of GE. Disgusted, he prepared to leave GE but Jess managed to talk him around. Javier, was promoted to second in command with the departure of Drake to help out Hawke and the new BM Army. Max, joined GE and quickly developed a friendship with Jess. Max brought much experience to the table, but his heart was darkened by the death of his close friend Nell and Andy's fall into darkness. He had made a promise to himself to get revenge for Nell and this would prove to be important in the coming days.

YC- YC quickly fell to Adder and Flak, as Kanbei couldn't hold YC by himself. Kanbei was forced to flee and became a mercenary in the hopes of gaining back his kingdom one day. Adder quickly proclaimed himself the Emperor of YC. Sensei, in his 90s became a Mercenary for the 3rd time in his lifetime having to avoid Adder and his forces as he returned to Macro Land. Sonja, could not return to YC and joined Hawke's BM. Grimm, sadly was still naive as ever and Adder managed to keep him as a YC CO by bribing him with doughnuts. Grimm's inability to look past food, did not realise Adder was actually evil.

Koal, after he was separated from Jugger wandered into YC terrority. There he, like Jugger and Olaf was captured and forced to join YC. Unlike the other 2, he remained true biding his time to help the Allied Nations. Jake, lured by Adder's promises was blinded by his rage at Nell's killer to realise what YC was actually up to.

Others- Lash, unable to find Hawke and unwilling to return with the Allied Nations to Macro Land, left them and became a Mercenary willing to do anything for money. Kindle, left by her Bolt Guard comrades, has disappeared. Whispers of an old evil returning who is controlling everything from behind the scenes has spread across Macro Land, but have been dismissed as plain nonsense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 Battle Dialogue:

Bos bij een Meertje: (Adder Defends, Drake Attacks)

Hawke: You're coming close to Yellow Comet Terrority Drake, let's see who they send to face you.
Drake: Fine, but can I ask a question Hawke?
Hawke: ...
Drake: Why do you trust Flak?
Adder: Good question that.
Drake: Adder! So you're my opponent.
Adder: Yes indeed, you have no chance against Emperor Adder of Yellow Comet! Heh heh heh...

Winding Cliff: (Max Defends, Andy Attacks)

Max: I still can't stop thinking about her, how I'll never see her warm caring face again. Damn it! Then they turn Andy to their side. Why, why, WHY!!!
Andy: Ah Max, still crying over me and Nell? How touching.
Max: What do you want Andy?
Andy: To prove to you I am stronger than all you pathetic ex-OS COs, the power I've gained is unbelievable.
Max: Open your eyes Andy, you're a puppet. Can't you see that?
Andy: Puppet or not, I shall prove that I'm stronger than you...

Battle Forts Redone: (Eagle Defends, Koal Attacks)

Soldier: Sir, Yellow Comet troops are approaching.
Eagle: Good. Leave me.
(Soldier leaves)
Eagle: *Sigh* I had it all, a woman who loved me, CIC of an Army and considerable power in Green Earth. How the tables have turned, I have nothing. I should have left Green Earth, I shouldn't have let Jess talk me around.
Koal: Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness Eagle.
Eagle: When did you get here?
Koal: Just now.
Eagle: So Koal, ready to withstand the might of Eagle?

Dizziness: (Javier Defends, Jake Attacks)

Jake: Rachel, I'll get revenge for you yo! I'll prove that I was worthy of serving OS bro.
Javier: Ah the mighty Jake, you have much honour young sir. Tell me, why do you fight for Yellow Comet?
Jake: Why should I tell you, you posh fag? Word.
Javier: Javier is mightly insulted!
Jake: Well come on then dog, try and beat me!
Javier: I will Jake, and hopefully I can open your eyes young sir!

Day 5 Battle Dialogue:

Whirly: (??? defends, Von Bolt Attacks)

???: Everything goes as planned I assume?
???: Yes my lord, the war has been instigated by Andy and Adder.
???: Good
Soldier: Sir! OS troops approach.
???: I'll deal with these.
???: No Kindle, I'll deal with it.
Kindle: But my Lord Sturm-
Sturm: I said I'll deal with it.

Von Bolt: Andy said Hhh... there would be... Hhh... a foe to face here. Hhh... But I see... Hhh... No sign of anyone.
Sturm: So Andy has sent Von Bolt to face me? My succesor, or should I say predecessor.
Von Bolt: Who... Hhh... are you?
Sturm: Your CIC.
Von Bolt: But... Hhh... Andy is our... Hhh... CIC.
Sturm: Don't be naive Von Bolt. You've heard the rumours. I'm back.
Von Bolt: And... Hhh... Who are you?
Sturm: ...
Von Bolt: It does not... Hhh... matter who... Hhh... you are. I will... Hhh... still beat you.
Last edited by Liam on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:04 am

(RESERVED)
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Hexagon

Post by Hexagon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:09 am

Eh, why not.

I'll merc as Kanbei. I'm bored. >_>

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:09 am

I shall play as Andy.
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:12 am

Lol Adder.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:14 am

Sven says:
you should probably post GS lol
Paul 'thefalman' Faller/"I don't blame you for being you, but you can't blame me for hating it..."/lol purple hair says:
was the one where you stole him from me lol
Sven says:
hahahaha
Shane says:
post wtf
Shane says:
I'm auto Hawke bitch
Paul 'thefalman' Faller/"I don't blame you for being you, but you can't blame me for hating it..."/lol purple hair says:
lol
Figment of your Imagination says:
So
don't be a retard
let me get this straight
all you have to post
is
everybody picks a CO
LOL HAWKE
and then you play a bunch of matches
Shane says:
post for me Fal
Shane says:
yes
under the viel of some sort of weird version of Conquest
Shane says:
yes
o_O
Nobody says:
Guest post as GS.
Shane
I would
but
I can't be arsed
And this veil
somehow

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:21 am

I guess I'll get Jess.
What can change the nature of a man?

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 am

Bugger, I wanted Jess. I'll be a mercenary - Grit ftw!

Nobody

Post by Nobody » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 am

I'll take Bolty.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:39 am

Actually, perhaps not. Being part of a team's more fun than having a broken CO, anyway. Change me to Max, please. Sorry about the sudden change of mind.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:40 am

No problems man.

The Saffron Emperor

Post by The Saffron Emperor » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:27 pm

What are the teams? And I'll take Sonja
--
Haha! They call me "Saffron."

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:44 pm

The teams will probably be constructed to give a fair balance of players, so we won't know what they are in advance.

I think.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:07 pm

That's probably the one route, there is another route we're considering taking, but it'd be rather... icky to say the least, it will only be used if there is a lack of general interest.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm

I'll take grimm my god fellow...
I'm going to enjoy this...

Baboonius

Post by Baboonius » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:37 pm

I'll take Javier.

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:46 pm

ignore
Last edited by Banzo803 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Post by Newbie » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:04 pm

Is it ENTIRELY unreasonable to ask for the mysterious "random" ...?
Credit to Sasquatch.
"Well, out loud, I said, "What the ****!?"
However, when I translated it on the internet, it came out, "Oh, it's a game." Lost in translation, you know?" ~ Shadowdude

Laureola

Post by Laureola » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Drake if thoust would.
Nembras: I was thinking in German. Of course it means something in English. Still, very wrong.
thefalman: Well, I suppose it could be a Nazi deer?
Nembras & thefalman on a "ReichStag"

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:59 pm

Could you put me down for Eagle please? Cheers.

Frosty@uni

Post by Frosty@uni » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:03 pm

If broken COs are allowed as mercenary, I would like Colin, please

If broken COs aren't allowed...I want...I want

Jugger.

CO_Frosty

Post by CO_Frosty » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:06 pm

Frosty@uni wrote:If broken COs are allowed as mercenary, I would like Colin, please

If broken COs aren't allowed...I want...I want

Jugger.
Thinking again...just gimme Jugger, I don't want to use a broken CO (and be lynched)

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:49 am

I REQUEST EVIL ANDY!!!

V_V

I suppose it'll be Koal.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:38 am

I'll take Jake, since all my best are filled.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:45 am

Can I be Flak?

Lego with his Firefox

Post by Lego with his Firefox » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:47 am

Olaf, please

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 am

COLIN NAO!
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:19 am

A very, very, basic overview of rules that will obviously be tweaked:
Silifi wrote:CICs:

After teams are made, you will have the chance to elect your CIC. This CIC serves the function of assigning missions to each member of the team, which you will send to me via PM.

Missions:

A CIC may send their members to one map at a time, able to give orders once a day. CICs can only send a CO that is two maps away (so if you started on Saber Heights, you could move to Alara Range, and then to Silt Vale, or Portal Bridge) You may go over any map, however, if you collide with another CO on your way there, a battle will be started.

When the CIC sends the CO to the map, they can either capture, attack, or defend.

Capture: On an unclaimed territory, takes 5 days to finish.
Attack: On an enemy territory, takes 7 days to finish.
Defend: On your own territory after an enemy has attacked, you have 9 days to respond and attack them.

Also note that a CO cannot be ordered to be sent to the same land twice. However, they may end up on the same map twice due to collisions.

Battles:

When you and another CO are both on a map, you will have to begin combat. On neutral territory, the person who was there first is considered the defender.

The settings must be as follows:
Fog: Defender's Choice
Boot interval: Defender's Choice
Weather: Attacker's Choice
Income rate: 1000
Starting money: Defender's Choice (0-3000)
Bans: Black Bomb, Megatank
Turn Order: Attacker's Choice

After the battle is won, the victor gets the land that was fought over. Both COs are immediately ready for redeployment.

Income Level:

A new game mechanic has been added this time around, one that allows you to earn income for your country. After each battle, I will check the total amount of money that each player has. I will add those two numbers together. Your money can be used to hire mercenaries.

Mercenaries:

Besides the normal COs, you may elect to sign up as a mercenary. These mercenaries are available for hire by any team, although for a price. Mercenaries can only be used by one person at a time, and there will only be three. If you are a mercenary, you will have access to three COs, Lash, Grit, and Kanbei.

The cost of a mercenary is initially very low, only at 20k. However, this cost will rise over time as they win battles. Every time a mercenary wins a battle, the amount of money earned from the battle (determined the same as a team's income) is added to their cost.

Because mercenaries cost money and don't contribute to your own money, you will have to be careful about using them. I recommend that you use them only in an emergency situation. One advantage to mercenaries is that they can be deployed to any map from anywhere, allowing you to get a quick defense if your COs are all too far away.

Losing

When a team is knocked down to zero lands, and has no COs currently in battle, they will lose. However, at least for the first team, this does not neccessarily mean you won't continue playing. More on that when it gets to that.

Rematches

If a CIC feels that a match was unfair because of a bad map, they may request a rematch. Simply give the case as for why it's a bad map, and it will be replaced (with player input), and a rematch battle will begin. This rematch is seperate from the rest of the game, no COs will have to be pulled from their current missions. However, no rematching rematches, except under extreme circumstances.

Also, if you feel a map could have a better replacement, just say it and show me a new map. In most cases, I'm perfectly fine with replacing a map, so long as the new one is good and balanced. Try not to wait until a rematch is needed.
The map is currently being constructed by Dark Conscience. For now, here are your teams:

GS/RadioShadow/Laureola/Marceux
DTK/Kiltman/Terragent/Baboonius
Frank/Lego/CO_Frosty/Nobody
Fal/Kireato/Terrorboy/Atticus

CIC voting can begin. We'll figure out what countries you are after for story purposes.

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 am

GS for 06 >_>

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:23 am

I vote for myself. >_>
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Nobody

Post by Nobody » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:24 am

I'm voting Frank. >_>

CO_Frosty

Post by CO_Frosty » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:27 am

I'm voting Frank. <_<

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:41 am

I'm voting for myself.

Lego

Post by Lego » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:40 am

Well, since I obviously have no chance at this, I'll vote Frank as well.

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:56 am

Yay! It's in the bag!
Well, I won't have to vote then. ^_^
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

The Saffron Emperor

Post by The Saffron Emperor » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:09 am

voting for GS
--
Haha! They call me "Saffron."

Laureola

Post by Laureola » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 am

Drake feels lonely without his GE friends.

But, GS for 06.
Nembras: I was thinking in German. Of course it means something in English. Still, very wrong.
thefalman: Well, I suppose it could be a Nazi deer?
Nembras & thefalman on a "ReichStag"

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:42 am

I would very much like to be CIC, but I can't justify voting for myself. Abstain for now.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:06 am

Will you be active enough to participate Terragent? I know your attendance is shaky as of late, so I need to know.