Any one up for a Super Card Save State Swap?

The board for competitive Advance Wars battling.
Shinko

Any one up for a Super Card Save State Swap?

Post by Shinko » Tue May 01, 2007 4:14 am

I'm hoping to find at least one other person with a Super Card, That is willing to Save State Swap with it.
Details later when I find out the number of players.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 am

...super card?
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Tue May 01, 2007 5:30 am

http://eng.supercard.cn/

Piracy at it's best.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue May 01, 2007 5:34 am

Oh, one of those flashcard things. Well it's not like you need one of them to Savestate Swap, unless I'm missing something here.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Tue May 01, 2007 5:42 am

I'm Wanting to play some one at AWDS.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed May 02, 2007 3:22 am

I don't follow.
What can change the nature of a man?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed May 02, 2007 4:12 am

What? You want to post the cart to each other? o_O

Isn't it easier just to get MSN + emulator + ROM and do it over that?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed May 02, 2007 4:33 am

He means it like this:

He does his turn on his flash cart. He then saves. His flash cart produces some kind of save file --which may or may not be similar to the one the emulator produces-- and he sends it through MSN. The other person receives, loads the file, plays the turn, and sends it back.

I'm not sure about the efficiency of said method, but that's up to you.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed May 02, 2007 4:51 am

Why not just emulate?

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed May 02, 2007 4:56 am

Well to be fair, until recently there wasn't an emulator that would run AWDS well enough.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed May 02, 2007 5:00 am

True.

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Wed May 02, 2007 5:26 am

And the Super Card Save IS A GAME CARD SAVE!
It can't be emulated but can be renamed to run under Roms.
In other words an emulator just produces a Save State which is just that a save for the emulator to use, but the super card actually needs a .sav file that is exactly the same as a game card's save environment. Same header, same coding, same size exactly 262144 kb. A save from a game card can even be moved from the card's environment to an emulated environment such as the one provided by the Super Card. A tool called REIN.sc.nds is used to upload or download DS saves to and from the game cart. I have 3 AWDS saves that came from 3 different original game carts plus 5 others created by the Super Card's compiler. If you want those for hacking (which I've already done) then I can probably send the saves to you.
So with that said I can only save swap with other Super Card users.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 am

Wow, that sounds really intensive and not user-friendly.

Tsuruya

Post by Tsuruya » Wed May 02, 2007 12:11 pm

I have one.

SuperCard Micro SD Lite

I live in Canada so it's perfectly legal everyway possible :P

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Thu May 03, 2007 2:53 am

So how many players are there?

Tsuruya

Post by Tsuruya » Thu May 03, 2007 9:54 am

Me + You

uhhh

2 >_>

Well, SuperCard isn't the only flash card that supports .sav files... .sav files are universal >_>

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Fri May 04, 2007 3:46 am

Not true. Did you not read my post on .sav`s There are many types of .sav files Super Card .sav`s wont work on emulators and vice versa. And then there is EEPROM which is used in Game cards/carts though those are easily converted to a usable .sav.

Any way back on topic: Just 2?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri May 04, 2007 4:11 am

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's garbage. If a program can read a particular file extention it will, unless the file is corrupted.

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Fri May 04, 2007 5:12 am

bog-bog wrote:Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's garbage. If a program can read a particular file extension it will, unless the file is corrupted.
Or if the file has a different coding than what the program is looking for.
Most emulators create an RTS .sav file A Super Card creates a game .sav. It's just like with my computer. I have a program that creates .php files and my computer sometimes gets confused because IE uses .php files as well. Although the two have the same extensions and similar functions the two can't be used in the other's program. This is because it has a different header and a some what different code.

Any other players? Last call on Monday.

Tsuruya

Post by Tsuruya » Fri May 04, 2007 9:12 am

Super Card .sav`s wont work on emulators and vice versa
EXCUSE ME!?

wtf are you talking about, sir, no$gba can run my Flash Card Saves. It's just like how you go online to download GBA saves... it works universally -- as long as you use the same rom

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat May 05, 2007 1:08 am

Shinko wrote:
bog-bog wrote:Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's garbage. If a program can read a particular file extension it will, unless the file is corrupted.
Or if the file has a different coding than what the program is looking for.
If the file has a different coding, then it will have a different extension. That's what an extension means. >_>

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Sat May 05, 2007 3:26 am

It looks like I'm going to have to show you .sav files... Just not know because I don't have them with me.

Any way:
ARE THERE ANY OTHER PLAYERS WHO WANT TO SUPER CARD SAVE STATE SWAP?

It begins on Monday.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sat May 05, 2007 10:24 am

bog-bog wrote:
Shinko wrote: Or if the file has a different coding than what the program is looking for.
If the file has a different coding, then it will have a different extension. That's what an extension means. >_>
Your naiveté amuses me.

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Tue May 08, 2007 3:08 am

Description:
Fog Of War is ON,
Weather is SNOW,
4-P custom course Asymmetrical with all terrain. Preferred COs Sonja, Grit, Olaf, & Javier. (did I spell that right?)

The first three players to sign in will be accepted.

Select your COs...

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed May 09, 2007 1:48 am

Weather is SNOW,

Lay off the crack

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed May 09, 2007 2:21 am

LOL OLAF

o wait I can't play

Edit: Actually if they're not banned the broken three would still probably be better.

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Wed May 09, 2007 3:45 am

bog-bog wrote:
Weather is SNOW,

Lay off the crack
If I'm going to play It's going to be as interesting as possible. Shoot I have myself at a terrible disadvantage on the map so I can have a good challenge.

Now Is there ANY one who wants to play or is this idea stuck?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed May 09, 2007 7:47 am

And you think you're going to win then? We are not the AI, fyi. We can actually think about our moves..
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed May 09, 2007 8:36 am

You know, I thought about it being big too, but then I realized this is silly AWDS snow, which is pretty harmless if you're Jess.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Thu May 10, 2007 3:49 am

FOR GAWD'S SAKE! I'll Start then!

I'll have:
:jessds: :skill: Icebreaker, Fire Sale, Soul of Hachi, & Eagle Eye
:javier: :skill: Tower Power, Icebreaker, Gold Rush, & Brawler
Player1 is team Orange Star.
Team is A
My chances for wining... 66%

Now will some one please play!

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu May 10, 2007 4:11 am

I don't understand what is going on.

I mean, snow is present. That makes Olaf instantly overpowered, if not downright broken.

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Thu May 10, 2007 5:15 am

You do know that I don't believe in any of that "balance mode" crap.
If anything you should know that the COs balance each other out. Shoot if some one picks Grimm (a so called "over powered CO") the I automatically pick Max, and on top of that I won't even put any skills on Max just because He's enough. You can apply this to all the COs, It's kinda like playing Jaken.

Grit can swamp Sonja with his SCOP, Sonja can Null Drake's SCOP with hers, and Drake can thwart Grit with his SCOP.
And that's just with SCOP. For regular day to day powers:
Drake could easily beat Jess because she is no good at sea, Jess could take Max or Grimm due to Max's limited firing range and Grimm's crappy defense,
Grimm could take out Sami due to the fact that she's not good with tanks, Grimm can also take Drake because Drake is on land is like a fish out of water. Sami can take anyone on depending on terrain and if you have a good strategy. The possibilities go on... The fact that you bring 'balance mode' up means that you're a weak player who has poor strategies. If you want to prove me wrong then fine pick the most powerful COs and I'll take you on with some "lesser" COs.

Regarding Olaf... I would just use Drake, without tag, you know fight fire with fire. If Olaf doesn't burn fuel the Drake will make him.

Now then with that cleared... any one still want to play me at AWDS?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu May 10, 2007 5:55 am

The point is that you can't just have last pick on a CO all the time. Sure, there are 'natural counters' (albeit that this term gets rarely used anymore because the phenomenon has proved to be less of a deal than we initially thought), but the only way to make use of them is by picking your CO last or having the luck of the CO draw.

And you seem to be a bit overconfident of your abilities and knowledge of the game. Cocky, even.. That's the wrong attitude, dude. People WILL smack you down at AWBW, I'm positive of that.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 am

Plus, if you hadn't already noticed, most people don't have one of these super card things.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu May 10, 2007 6:41 am

You do know that I don't believe in any of that "balance mode" crap.
You do know that contradicts the established opinion of the game. You're going to fight a losing battle here.
If anything you should know that the COs balance each other out. Shoot if some one picks Grimm (a so called "over powered CO") the I automatically pick Max, and on top of that I won't even put any skills on Max just because He's enough.
Grimm is overpowered? That's funny, because he's regarded as underpowered. As a CO who lives and dies by first strike, there are better choices than Max, who can't use his indirect units to his advantage. Besides, no competitive battle uses skills.
You can apply this to all the COs, It's kinda like playing Jaken.
Not at all. The map is the more important factor than the CO choice. Besides, if Advance Wars was Rock/Paper/Scissors, it would be Colin/Grit/Hachi owns all.
Grit can swamp Sonja with his SCOP, Sonja can Null Drake's SCOP with hers, and Drake can thwart Grit with his SCOP.
What? Grit would pummel any CO not named Colin or Hachi, SCOP or not. Granted, Rachel is the exception.

If Sonja counters Drake because of the FoW, that's flawed logic. Same with Drake "countering" Grit.
And that's just with SCOP. For regular day to day powers:
Drake could easily beat Jess because she is no good at sea, Jess could take Max or Grimm due to Max's limited firing range and Grimm's crappy defense,
Except Jess' 90/100 naval units isn't a real bothersome weakness. Likewise, 120/100 naval units isn't a real significant strength either.

Jess can take on many COs thanks to her stats.
Grimm could take out Sami due to the fact that she's not good with tanks, Grimm can also take Drake because Drake is on land is like a fish out of water.
Except Grimm's 80% defense makes Sami's 90/100 direct units makes it feel like 110/100 direct units.

Drake is still bland on land. It's not like he has 80/100 units on land.
Sami can take anyone on depending on terrain and if you have a good strategy.
That's the only thing here I agree with.
The possibilities go on... The fact that you bring 'balance mode' up means that you're a weak player who has poor strategies. If you want to prove me wrong then fine pick the most powerful COs and I'll take you on with some "lesser" COs.
Fine. Grit on Bean Island.
Regarding Olaf... I would just use Drake, without tag, you know fight fire with fire. If Olaf doesn't burn fuel the Drake will make him.
You know that's not the reason Olaf is overpowered. It's because he gets 120/100 stats in snow.
Now then with that cleared... any one still want to play me at AWDS?
Play with fire and you're going to get burned.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 am

Also, I love the way he gets to pick his CO after seeing ours. BECAUSE THAT'S FAIR.

Laureola

Post by Laureola » Thu May 10, 2007 8:33 am

I'll go anytime, just find a good map. I'll being Hawke too.
Nembras: I was thinking in German. Of course it means something in English. Still, very wrong.
thefalman: Well, I suppose it could be a Nazi deer?
Nembras & thefalman on a "ReichStag"

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri May 11, 2007 2:06 am

Problems:

1. Hardly anyone has a super card. Most people are still using GBA flash carts + passmes.

2. No one plays snow dtd in any seriousness.

3. Olaf + Snow = Wtf are you smoking

4. This is too complicated to be worth the bother.

Shinko

Post by Shinko » Fri May 11, 2007 5:45 am

O.K. screw Super Card...
Does Any one have A working copy of AWDS that Can use .savs?
I really want to play someone.

Tsuruya

Post by Tsuruya » Fri May 11, 2007 8:06 am

i'm being ignored rofl.

but uhh in any case this will pretyt much a a similar effect as AWDS mode CW, so I'm not gonna bother with thehaving to host and download and upload files everytime it's my turn