So, uh...

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
Imano Ob
3DS Code: 0516-7426-0296

So, uh...

Post by Imano Ob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:05 am

Would anyone mind taking a quick look at my map and telling me if I managed to make it worse than usual for me? I know it probably needs a lot of fixing, but please tell me where I fail. It's here
This signature is boring. I don't know why you're reading it.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:20 am

Well, you're right, it does need a lot of fixing, but it's quite a nice map, for a beginner. I like how the terrain is balanced, not spammed as in most n00b maps. Notes:

-Too many mountains. I know the way you made the mountain range to restrict the area, but you should at least put some forests in there or rivers to make it not completely bland.
-Pipe seam limits gamplay. Nice idea, with the division and the seam, but there's really no point in destroying the seam. It doesn't help the chokepoint. If I were you, I would take away the pipe altogether, or at least divide it into small but separated pipelines.
-Not enough center properties. If you want, you can take away the pipeline, and put some cities in the middle. Otherwise, this becomes a stalemate, as both countries will get the same funds, and fight at the big chokepoint. Put some cities or stuff next to the pipe, or take it away altogether.
-Not much playing space. I see a lot of these mountain valley maps, and expanding the battlefield really helps. Keep the ranges, put some forests and rivers in them, but cut away some to expand the area in which the players can battle. It will make the map a lot more fun.
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

Imano Ob
3DS Code: 0516-7426-0296

Post by Imano Ob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 am

Ah, thank you very much. I'll work on it soon.
This signature is boring. I don't know why you're reading it.

nevergiveup93

Re: So, uh...

Post by nevergiveup93 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:29 am

It's.... a good attempt, but honestly I would some pre-deployed units in it. For Orange Star I would have 3 Infantries, 1 Mech, 2 Recons, A Tank, A Bomber, 3 B Copters, and a Stealth Fighter. For Blue Moon I would give: 4 Infantries, 2 Mech, 4 Recons, 3 Missiles, 2 Fighters, An Anti-Air, and An APC. That's just my opinion.
Giving up doesn't pay the bills.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:29 am

This topic is almost 3 years old...
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 pm

approved