How to create custom maps AW?

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
salvadorc17

How to create custom maps AW?

Post by salvadorc17 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:11 am

Hi, i want to know how to create custom maps for the Advance Wars in GBA, i know there is map editor for AW2, but dont know if you can export those or share, but my intention is to mod for AW1...

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD

Re: How to create custom maps AW?

Post by Xenesis » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:10 pm

The map formats are actually really similar for AW1 and AW2 (minus the fact that AW2 has new stuff).

I wrote up a converter in python that converts AW1 maps to the AW2 map format ages ago, there's not much reason that I couldn't rewrite it to do the reverse.

Just gotta get the okay to share some bits of it.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

salvadorc17

Re: How to create custom maps AW?

Post by salvadorc17 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:09 am

Xenesis wrote:The map formats are actually really similar for AW1 and AW2 (minus the fact that AW2 has new stuff).

I wrote up a converter in python that converts AW1 maps to the AW2 map format ages ago, there's not much reason that I couldn't rewrite it to do the reverse.

Just gotta get the okay to share some bits of it.
Hi again, do you still have this converter, also where to find information about AW1 map file format...

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD

Re: How to create custom maps AW?

Post by Xenesis » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:55 pm

salvadorc17 wrote:
Xenesis wrote:The map formats are actually really similar for AW1 and AW2 (minus the fact that AW2 has new stuff).

I wrote up a converter in python that converts AW1 maps to the AW2 map format ages ago, there's not much reason that I couldn't rewrite it to do the reverse.

Just gotta get the okay to share some bits of it.
Hi again, do you still have this converter, also where to find information about AW1 map file format...
Ack, I completely forgot.

I'll make it my goal for next week.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

salvadorc17

Re: How to create custom maps AW?

Post by salvadorc17 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:06 am

Xenesis wrote:
Ack, I completely forgot.

I'll make it my goal for next week.

Cool, ill wait for it, to be able to hack AW1..

User avatar
Heroic Spyro
Rank: Legendary Purple Dragon
Location: United States

Re: How to create custom maps AW?

Post by Heroic Spyro » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:23 am

I'm also interested in this but I can get the terrain stuff for aw1 if it will help.

salvadorc17

Re: How to create custom maps AW?

Post by salvadorc17 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:41 am

The maps header format for AW1 is similat to AW2??, im looking into the values you Xenesis gave me into file, but seems there are much different bytes.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests