The IDS War Room (AW:DoR)

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
Delta_Angelfire

The IDS War Room (AW:DoR)

Post by Delta_Angelfire » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm

So I made up a somewhat fun map in a few minutes and thought it be interesting to see how well others fared against it (if they so desired). To be played in AW:DoR.

IDS War Room Mission 1 - Micro Lake 1vs3
Difficulty - :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Can you abuse your FTA to overcome a 12:5 deficit?
Conditions:
:os: vs :bm: :yc: :bh:
Any CO except Caulder for you. Any COs for the enemy.
AI set to All-Out
Weather: Clear, FoW: Off, Funds 0, Income 3000
Extra Challenge: Is it possible to make this more challenging without making it impossible? Try switching the two IDS airports with the Blue and Yellow bases in the NW and NE corners. Sure it may not seem like much now, but after a few days I'm sure you'll see that it is! Difficulty - ?????

Other suggestions welcome :arrr:

Delta_Angelfire

Re: The IDS War Room (AW:DoR)

Post by Delta_Angelfire » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:34 am

Who says the war room has to be even remotely fair?

IDS War Room Mission 2 - Coastal Folly
Difficulty - impossible
HQ Capture or Rout Blue

sellout2154

Post by sellout2154 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:11 am

That last map looks sexy, did you sprite it yourself? Or use some kind of map editor..?

What do the cliffs do?

Delta_Angelfire

Post by Delta_Angelfire » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:44 pm

I custom made some cliff sprites and used them in my "makeshift" editor... I turned them into a GameMaker background tileset and placed them from there, then took a screenshot. Closest thing I could find/make into a DoR editor, just wish I had the smaller map tile spritesheets :-)

Cliffs are impassable except by mechs, infantry, and air. Indirects gain +1 Min and Max Range for every level of cliffs between them and their target (when above) or -1 range (if below). I was going to make a "switchback" terrain as a road leading up cliffs, but that was a little more effort than I wanted to put forth -.-;; I just wanted to show off my evil new terrain feature.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:36 pm

You should make something like slopes. If you go uphill, it takes more movement points then when you go downhill.

That'd make some interesting new terrain, I think.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

King Of Maze Maps

Post by King Of Maze Maps » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:08 am

Hey there! I have a question. Could sum1 help me make maps on DoR for the atlantic and pacific theaters in World War 2? I need 25 pacific theater maps and 25 atlantic theater ones, all on a 30x30 map size. (I have a DoR rom, so its not a waste of maps.) I tried looking for WW2 era maps that would help me but i got nuthin. could you help me find some? all I need is just environmental stuff, I can take care of building placement myself. As far as FoW goes, dont make too many FoW based maps. Also, these maps must be HISTORICALLY ACURATE!!!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9954

That topic should help.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.