will somebody try to beat this maps??

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
airob

will somebody try to beat this maps??

Post by airob » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:29 pm

i just scrapped some maps for AWDS from my head and wanted to test them i know them very well and know how to clear them...i made them...but i wanna see how hard they are..so will you try my challenges??..i will put more from time to time i sometimes may throw in a time limit or other things...when you clear any of them...post the name of the map, the turns you took in it the number of units you got killed and the numbers of units you killed(this last if you want)...if you feel the maps very easy, don´t complain,,

a map maker in its first public attemps

spiral challenge 1
this is quite easy...there are no special rules or features here...just sit down play.. and clear..as you may see you will have to make you force very quickly as bombers are heading to you
as you see it is impossible(at least for me) not to lose a single unit
CO in blue moon: JUGGER
orange star: YOU(any CO)
ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: i forgt to put another orange star piperruner..next to the other one..feel free to place it
Last edited by airob on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

someone

Re: will somebody try to beat this maps??

Post by someone » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:53 am

this is stupid

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:58 am

this is boring, and tedious, but at least the enemy CO doesn't have MD
no one's gonna try beating a map that's boring, tedious, and has no appeal or incentive

It looks like you randomly plopped stuff everywhere with the vague concept of spiral piping. Except for roads, you're missing those. Even though the map editor gives you 30x20 tiles to work with, it doesn't mean you need to use all of them. You're arbitrarily extending the map's time by making it so large and imposing artificial difficulty by cranking up the unit and base count. Smaller maps are also easier to transcribe from version to version.

Look at the maps in the games, like the war room. They're not perfect but you can see key points and devise a strategy by looking at them, most of them are easy on the eyes or have some sort of aesthetic concept behind them, and they're typically of modest size so they don't take too long unless you don't know what you're doing.

Try to be more deliberate with terrain and unit placement and use more varied terrain.

airob

Post by airob » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:06 am

you´re right i will post them in the warsworldnewsmaps page as soon as my account is acepted...i can´t still log in...
i have a lot of maps designed to all sizes and so....this time put the biggest one...but next time it will be a medium size map
if you´re looking forward to it...it will be in the warsworldnews map page....

well aside from this...any of you know why i can´t still log in?
i have some days of make my account and still nothing ...well i think is because most people is still in holidays :lol:

airob

Post by airob » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 am

well so here is another map!!..
i know i put "try to beat these maps"but i think i will just make this post as my "post any type of map"

here is a map for three players...i think i could be a free-for-all battle..but you may team up or whatever
just post what you think of this map

i1ikeweiners

Post by i1ikeweiners » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 am

i love how u think your maps are anything more than sh*t

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:15 am

i1ikeweiners wrote:i love how u think your maps are anything more than sh*t
I think constructive criticism would help a lot more than this.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis