New Unit Ideas

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
0verlordofyou

New Unit Ideas

Post by 0verlordofyou » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:15 am

I have yet to read all previous posts on new unit ideas so I have no idea if I am going to repeat something.

Heavy Artillery
Move 2 (Tread), Vision 1, Fuel 30/30, Cost: 27,000
Weapon: Heavy Cannon, Ammo 1/1, Range 4-9
Damage would be something close to 50% damage to a MegaTank

Strato-Fortress
Move 6 (Air), Vision 3, Fuel 80/80, Cost: 30,000
Weapon 1: Bombs, Ammo 9/9
Weapon 2: Vulcan, Ammo 9/9 [used on Jets only]

Battlestation
Move 5 (Tread), Vision 2, Fuel 70/70, Cost: 24,000
Weapon 1: Heavy Cannon System, Ammo 12/12
Weapon 2: Anti-Air Gatling, Ammo 5/5 [can be used on Infantry and even Vehicles if main weapon runs out of Ammo]
Health of a Mega-Tank. Damage would be just above a Neo-Tank
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Custom Units: These are units that only certain COs could field

Andy: Repair Vehicle (Golly, that's an original thought)
Move 6 (Tread), Vision 4, Fuel 99/99, cost: 5000, Limit: 20
Weapon: None, Can Repair any unit by 3HP

Max: Heavy Tank
Move 5 (Tread), Vision 2, Fuel 99/99, Cost: Have yet to determine Limit: 10
Weapon 1: Dual Cannon, Ammo 8/8 (Can be used on Infantry if secondary weapon runs out of ammo
Weapon 2: Anti-Air Missile, Ammo 9/9 (Also used on Infantry and even Vehicles if main weapon runs out of Ammo)
[Has Greater Health and Damage than a Md Tank]

Sami: Commando
Move 4 (Mech), Vision 4, Rations 99/99, Cost: 6000, Limit: 30
Weapon 1: Railgun 1 [More of a cannon, for use against Vehicle Ship and Sub]
Weapon 2: Railgun 2 [More of a machine gun, for use against Infantry Copter and Plane]

Custom CO Custom Units

Bakk: Heavy Infantry
Move 2 (Mech), Vision 2, Fuel 99/99, Cost: 8000, Limit: 20
Weapon 1: Gatling Cannon [anti-infantry and anti air]
Weapon 2: Railcannon, Ammo 5/5 [anti-vehicle]
[no capture]

Bakk:Brawler
Move 4 (mech), Vision 1, Fuel 99/99, Cost: 20,000, Limit: 10
Weapon 1: Gatling Cannon [anti-infantry and anti air]
Weapon 2: Dual-Laser [anti-vehicle]

Gark:Robot
Move 6 (Mech), Vision 3, Fuel ---, Cost: 9000, Limit: 10
Weapon 1: Dual-Railcannons [Anti Ground]
Weapon 2: Missile, Ammo 5/5 [Anti-air]
[no capture]

Gark:Drone
Move 6 (Air), Vision 1, Fuel 60/60, Cost: 2000, Limit: 30
Weapon: Machine-gun [can fire on Infantry Vehicle Copter]
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

eliascpsells

Re: New Unit Ideas

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

Just a thought, did you ever play a game called battalion wars? A lot of those names are from it.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 am

Very gimmicky units, Strato-Fortress is utterly useless since the only thing you got besides a normal bomber is the ability to fire on jets, but since fighters out range it already what's the use of that?

Battlestation is a mix between a Neotank and a Megatank, which due to the extra defence and the relatively low cost, makes Neotanks and Megatanks absolutely worthless.

Heavy Artillery is unbelievably overpowered and would wreak havoc on small maps like Bean Island.

Repair Vehicle is a land based Black Boat, which is both useless and overpowered at the same time (if you're spamming tanks-infantries-artillery it's useless, if you make Neotanks, it's overpowered).

Heavy Tank is basically a Neotank wannabe, but no one would use them due to the slow movement.

Commando just get in the way of Sami's glorious Mech spam of death and destruction.

Heavy Infantry costs way too much to be of any use, people would just make tanks.

Brawler also costs way too much to be of any use, people would just make Neotanks.

Robot fills the role of both AAs and tanks, making both of them useless.

Drone makes Recons looks like crumpets and also counters Helicopters very, very badly.

Also I'd want to share unit ideas my self with your permission.
Remember not to feed the animals

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:17 pm

eliascpsells wrote:Just a thought, did you ever play a game called battalion wars? A lot of those names are from it.
What? No, never... okay yeah I did. This stemmed from the "I wonder what these would look like in Advance Wars?" thought.
Mark_009_vn wrote:Also I'd want to share unit ideas my self with your permission.
By all means go right ahead. I am curious to see what You have thought of.

Warning: I am about to enter into an idea that would be next to, if not completely, impossible to put in game. If you know what Warhammer 40000 is then it is safe to assume you know what a titan is. I have thought about what a titan in Advance Wars would be like. I have made 6 generic examples (I shall only put up three for now) and given each CO, including my own custom COs, their own Command Titan. Titans can only be constructed at a Titan Factory. This building would be 8x8 in game, and require 4 Inf/Mech on it in order to capture it and hold it. Titans would also take 3 days to construct and can move out on the fourth.

Scout Titan
Move 12 Vision 10 Cost: 90,000
Health: 1000 [note: Once health is lost it cannot be regained] Shield: 500 [note: a shield differs from health in that it recovers 10 at the beginning of each new day]
Weapon1: Plasma Burst Cannon: Range 1-2, good versus everything
Weapon2: Plasma Cannon: Range 1-4, good versus everything
Weapon3: Anti-Air System: Range 1-3, good versus air
It is important to mention that a titan will be able to move and fire range weaponry AND fire once for every weapon it has. So this Scout Titan would be able to move and then fire on three enemy units.

War Titan
Move 6 Vision 5 Cost: 150,000
Health: 2000 Shield: 1300
Weapon1: Plasma Destructor: Range 1-4, good versus everything
Weapon2: Sonic Cannon: Range 1, One hit kills all ground and sea units [not used in counter attacks]
Weapon3: Anti-Air System: Range 1-4, good versus air

Assault Titan
Move 15 Vision 3 Cost 120,000
Health: 1500 Shield: 1500
Weapon1: Auto-Cannon: Range 1-5, Fairly good versus everything
Weapon2: Concussion Fist: deals 2000 - 3500 damage to Titans only
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:58 pm

By all means go right ahead. I am curious to see what You have thought of.
Don't mind if I do.

Field guns
Movement 1 (Mech). Vision 1. Fuel 99. Cost 7000
Primary: 105mm gun. Ammo 9/9. Range 2-4
Can be transported by APCs and helis. It is similar to an artillery offense and defense wise. Could be used as a longer range alternative to artilleries.

Gun carriage
Movement 6 (Tread). Vision 2. Fuel 70. Cost 7000
Primary: High velocity AP munitions. Ammo 9/9. Range 1-1 (Direct fire)
Secondary: Low velocity HE rounds. Ammo 9/9. Range 2-3 (Indirect fire)
Gun carriage have the same defense of that of a tank. It functions as both a direct and indirect unit. It's primary weapon can fire one square away, have similar damage to that of a normal tank. It's secondary can provide indirect fire and cannot be used once moved, it deals about 50 damage to infantries, and about 10 to 35 against other vehicles.

Ground attack aircraft
Movement 5 (Air). Vision 2. Fuel 40. Cost 15000
Primary: 500 lbs bombs. Ammo 1/1
Secondary : 20mm wing mounted cannons
Ground attack aircraft have similar defense to that of a fighter. It's primary are as powerful as bombers but it have only 1 ammo. It's secondary can be fired upon ground units and air units, deals moderate amount of damage to vehicles (about 40 to 50), infantries (85 to 75), low amount of damage to other aircrafts (45 against copters and fighters, 30 against bombers). Helicopters could fire upon Ground attack aircrafts, MGs from Vehicles and Infantries could also attack dealing 20 to 45 damage depending on what kind of unit. Cannot be resupplied by APCs.

Infantry support vehicle
movement 8 (Tyres). Vision 3. Fuel 70/70. Cost 4000
Primary: high caliber machine guns. Ammo 5/5. Range 1-2 (indirect fire weapon, can move and attack at the same time, it can only attack infantries, dealing about 65 damage)
Secondary: 20mm cannon. Ammo 5/5. (Direct fire weapon, can only attack vehicles and helis, deals about 40 damage to tanks and 25 damage to copters)
The infantry support vehicle is used in conjunction with infantries as a fire support unit. I've actually implemented this in a hack of mine.
Remember not to feed the animals

ungulateman

Post by ungulateman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Flamer
Movement 2. Vision 2. Fuel 70/70. Cost 3000
Primary: Flamethrower. Same damage as machine gun versus most enemies, but it ignores terrain bonuses. It's also more effective versus Recons (same damage as Vulcan Cannons) and B-Copters (around 15-20% damage). Ammo 4/4
Secondary: Machine Gun. You know this one.

Infantry. Can capture.