Custom Countries

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
Ricojeh

Custom Countries

Postby Ricojeh » Sat May 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Just a list of nation names I came up with after viewing the custom ones on AWBW. May add more details later if inspired. Feel free to add your own creations to this thread.

White Sun
White Axis
Red Nebula
Pink Nova
Purple Eclipse
Violet Eclipse
Violet Sun
Brown Matter
Grey Sky

WTF is cyan

That's all for now. May get to aqua/cyan later.

JSRulz

Re: Custom Countries

Postby JSRulz » Sun May 03, 2015 6:20 am

I did some as a homage to AWBW, and even with symbols...

GD = Gray Diamond (Neutral/Freelance)
OS = Orange Star [Default]
BM = Blue Moon
GE = Green Earth
YC = Yellow Comet
BH = Black Hole
CR = Crimson Ray
AV = Arsenic Vortex
SS = Sepia Sun
SF = Scarlet Flare
IN = Ivory Nebula
CS = Cobalt Storm
PC = Pink Cosmos
TG = Teal Gravity
IE = Indigo Eclipse
WN = White Nova
CG = Cream Galaxy
MO = Magneta Orbit
JA = Jade Asteroid

Ricojeh

Postby Ricojeh » Sun May 03, 2015 7:17 am

Great job, these names flow well. Jade Asteroid is awesome, and White Nova would be a good name for an antagonist on par with Black Hole. Have you thought about what each country would represent?

Today I found out Red is technically used by the series but just in the japanese release of AW. Orange Star used to be Red Star, but the latter became the former because western VOCABULARY OVERLORD wanted to avoid communist analogies.

uzernamefail

Postby uzernamefail » Sun May 03, 2015 10:02 am

Nations/Forces/Armies without real representation:
-Africa
-Middle East
-China
-Vietnam
-Korea
-Barbarians/Celts
-Pirates (Maybe Drake was one at some point?)
-Ancient Greece/Rome
-India
-Native Americans

And if you want to include sci-fi tropes since we already have Black Hole:
-Steampunk (Black Hole leans more toward pulp sci-fi)
-Aliens (They exist in the AW universe, but all we currently have is Sturm)
-Robots (We know AIs in the AW series have the potential to function as a CO after seeing Jugger)

Or you could go for some new "main antagonist" themes instead of Black Hole's "Space Nazi Overlords" shtick:
-Religious Cults
-Ruthless Bandits/Mercenaries
-Rebels/Revolutionaries

Ricojeh

Postby Ricojeh » Sun May 03, 2015 1:46 pm

For new representation, Africa, Middle East, China, and India seem the most interesting. Black people and Indians in general need more representation in video games, and the later three cultures have quite modern armies, with China, India, and Israel in the top 10 military powers of the world today. The older games in the series drew inspiration from WW2/WW1, so France and the Commonwealth are also viable forces, simply because of all the military references and resources available for them.

As for another antagonist, I've been planning a private military company who focus on robots, gene modification, and AI development. Essentially evil transhumanists with high tech stuff. The troops could be robots while the COs are modified humans and advanced AI.

JSRulz

Postby JSRulz » Sun May 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Ricojeh wrote:Great job, these names flow well. Jade Asteroid is awesome, and White Nova would be a good name for an antagonist on par with Black Hole. Have you thought about what each country would represent?

Today I found out Red is technically used by the series but just in the japanese release of AW. Orange Star used to be Red Star, but the latter became the former because western VOCABULARY OVERLORD wanted to avoid communist analogies.

Nah, there aren't too many places that can represent these tropes. It was more for the color. I suppose that you can come up with futuristic and outlandish ones. Like an alien based color, an army based in Antarctica, and a robot army. But yeah, 18 significant nations is a bit of a stretch, I mostly went just for the colors.

Mark999

Postby Mark999 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:59 pm

White Fudge is the best custom country.

Return to “Design Room”