Grit Course - Puzzle map

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
Mixa

Grit Course - Puzzle map

Post by Mixa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:00 am

Hi,

Here're 3 levels with a mechanic I came up with. They are literal obstacle courses where you're avoiding Grit's indirects while going for the HQ cap. Manipulate the AI to get your infanty past the danger zone, where even a slight slip will end up releasing an endless onslaught of enemy troops.

I recommend using VBA to open this.
Quicksave states 1, 2 and 3 (F1,F2,F3) are used for level shortcuts that have all the correct settings toggled.
Also you can use fast forward to skip enemy turns.

Map Settings:

1060 - Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising (UA)

CompanionAPC: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity:
1st player CP Grit, 2nd you as Eagle
No Fog, clear weather.

QuadChamber: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity:
1st player CP Grit, 2nd you as Eagle
No Fog, clear weather.
Use the missiles to force the path blocking APC to move.

Death row: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity:
1st player CP Grit, 2nd you as Olaf
No Fog, clear weather.
The first section is timed. If the mechs die before you get past it, you're skrewed.
If you leave the 2nd section rocket in lower position you're skrewed.

Green buildings act as checkpoint, and saving in those points is recommended.

These are yet to be publicly playtested, so please give feedback if you like to try them out. I'd like to hear if it's worth to further develope if the concept seems to be working. I've already come up with some other possible puzzle mechanics that weren't in these maps yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mixa on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:58 am, edited 23 times in total.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: Grit Course - Puzzle map

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Ahoy, you can't actually download those files from your google drive because access is restricted.

That being said, you can attach small files to your forum post if that's easier.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Mixa

Post by Mixa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:11 am

Xenesis wrote:Ahoy, you can't actually download those files from your google drive because access is restricted.

That being said, you can attach small files to your forum post if that's easier.
Sorry man, I actually got an alert on my phone that someone was trying to download it. I found the attachment option for linking files, thanks for the notification.

Mixa

Updated map

Post by Mixa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Decreased the unfair difficulty of Death Row 2nd section and fixed an exploit.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:39 am

Could you have some pics?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Mixa

Grit Course v2

Post by Mixa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:42 am

CompanionAPC redesigned to act as a proper tutorial level. Got rid of the separated infantry that had to be moved during every turn.
Added a new non-linear level, Quadchamber. Also it causes all 3 maps to follow the same theme now.
Made the ending part of Death row a bit more fluent, increased the time limit of the first section.