Make a Unit here.

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
golden_cow2

Make a Unit here.

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:42 am

<_< I saw no place for this so I decided to put it here.

NOW GO! I'll make one later...
No, I do not make golden milk. Technically I'm a bull.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:00 am

Please note: Anyone who posts a sniper will be shot.

That is all.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:20 am

I agree.

I also notice a lack of giant robots in AW therefore:

Name: TankWalker

Special: This unit takes up 5 spaces. Arranged like this (when bought):

|L|_|L| L = Leg
|_|b|_| b = Body
|L|_|L|

If this positon isn't possible it will conform to the nearest position. If no position is possible then it can't be bought at that base.

Movement: Each Leg of the TankWalker can be moved seperately but the body cannot. The legs have a movement of 1 with perfect movement over roads, plains, and forest but no mountain movement. 1 leg can stand in water as long as the other legs are on land. If the Legs and body form this positon after a leg is moved:

|L|_|L| (Note this can be rotated)
|L|b|L|
|_|_|_|

Then the body will pull itself forward:

|L|b|L|
|L|_|L|
|_|_|_|

Attacks: The legs are equipped with machine guns only and the body is equipped with a machine gun (Only good against copters) and Bombs (9 of them)

Price: undecided, f00!

Feul: Each leg has 40 feul.

Nuro

Post by Nuro » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:29 am

$N|p0rz!!!! Nah, jk.

Subterranean Assault Vehicle

Type: Vehicular
Move Range: 5
Fuel: 65
Wep: Laser (Land, Air) 5 rounds
Sec: Sub-Laser (Land) Inf rounds
Cost: 21000
Defense: about Med Tank

Laser: Slightly stronger than Med Tank for land units. Half of damage that a missile would do for air units.

Sub-laser: About half the damage a tank's cannon does. However, equal to when firing on infantry and mechs.

Stealth: Capable of digging underground. Once underground, fuel is consumed at 8 per day. When stealthed, can only be fired on by other SAVs, infantry, and mechs. Destroyed if fuel runs out while stealthed. Damage dealt by SAV is increased by 5% when stealthed. Also is capable of moving through mountains when stealthed but cannot unstealth on them. Mountains give 3 movement cost.
Last edited by Nuro on Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:52 am

President

Type: Infantry
Move Range: 1
Feul: 99
Wep: None
Cost: 10,000
Defense: Half of an infantry's
Special: You earn 1000g per day per President under your control. This earning is subject to increases (For Kenbai) and decreases (For Colin)

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:57 am

<b>Sniper lolz</B>

Type: Mech (For movement purposes)
Move Range: 1
Feul: 50
Wep: 1337 Sniper Rifle
Sub-Wep: Not needed cause the sniper rifle is so damn 1337.
Cost: 100g (Not a typo)
Defense: Twice that of a Megatank

1337 Sniper Rifle: Unlimited ammo, 1 billion squares range, no minimum range, able to counter attack, deals damage equal to twice that of a Megatank's power. Can move and attack on same turn.

Stealth: As stealth capabilities. Burns 0 feul per turn while stealthed also can move through enemy units when stealthed.

:P

ultimashadow

Post by ultimashadow » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:46 am

broken/10. *hopelessly tries to move last post to ASDF*

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:34 am

ultimashadow wrote:broken/10.
That's the point.

Halo Capella

Post by Halo Capella » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 pm

"Spy"

like an infantry but can hide. but he's slow as a mech and no weapon. and he costs 2000.

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:13 pm

Brokenosaur

Cost: 100, or can be freely deployed at any city
What it does: Kills all of oppoentns units staright away, and just to be sure captures everything and launches all missile silos, and detsroys all crystals, black obelisks, pipe seams, fortresesses, mini and big cannons and everything else you can think of.
How To Beat: Can't. Orange Star will always win.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:01 pm

WHY do people always say sniper? Let's look at the facts.

Sniper. Only really cause damage to Foot soldiers. Low indirect range. Probably increased on mountains. They'd cost a lot, but wouldn't do much damage to anything. Low ammo too. They'd be a Waste ALL the time.

So, why do people say snipers again?
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:04 pm

Becos sniprs r kool lolz.

And most snipers that people post seem to have about 4 range... because your sniper rifle is just that powerful.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:06 pm

If it's anything like vision, 8 Range on mountains?
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:22 am

Well a semi plausible sniper Idea is they can shoot their vision.

Also Snipers could kill Megatanks. Just shoots the little guys that stick there heads out!

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:20 am

A sniper is possible, but artillery cover a range equal to a sniper's probable range. If it were possible to balance snipers, this is my idea.

Sniper
Cost: Undecided, probably around 3000
Move: 3
Move type: Infantry
Fuel: 99
Vision: 3, 5 on mountains
Weapon: Sniper Rifle (basicly the same as a machine gun)
Range: 2-3, 2-4 on mountains
Secondary Weapon: None

Just an indirect infantry, as it should be.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:24 am

DEATH TO THE SNIPERS!!

*enters angry-mob mode*
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:59 am

thefalman wrote:Please note: Anyone who posts a sniper will be shot.

That is all.
I'm sorry Awboy, but I'm going to have to kill you now. Any last words?

>_>

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:17 pm

I posted it first. >_> <_<

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:23 pm

I took yours to be sarcastic. ;)

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:55 pm

This sniper is not sarcastic.
Cost:2000g
Movement:2
Fuel:50
Sniper Rifle Ammo:3
Power:owns infantry and mechs with 1 attack, does 2%(1/5 of an HP) to anything else
Defense:gets OHKO'd by anything.
Can fire on:ground units
Has a stealth capability that is enabled after not doing anything for three turns, once you attack the stealth must reactivate.
Range-2-2, 2-4 on mountains, 2-3 on capturable stuff(Rooftop sniper XD), and 2-5 on HQs
yeh, shoot me! :P
You're an escaped prisoner, this ship is about to explode, and I have the ONLY way off of this ship. I'm offering to take you with me. And you're arguing.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:54 pm

*reloads*

If you insist...

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:04 pm

Heh, I was just trying to get a funny reaction from you. :P
Apocalypse tank:
Cost:32000g
Ammo:6
Move:3
Fuel:60
This unit is basically a mobile laser turret except it only does 3 damage.
Defense:pretty damn resilient, only it can't counter-attack
You're an escaped prisoner, this ship is about to explode, and I have the ONLY way off of this ship. I'm offering to take you with me. And you're arguing.

Crystal Guard 292

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:50 am

*loads shotgun*

There's a reason we don't have a design units forum...
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:29 am

Can you shoot me with a pea shooter?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:07 am

*loads AK-47*

*angry mob grows bigger*
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:16 am

thefalman:
Cost: Don't matter, he'll steal your wallet anyway.
Move: AS FAR AS THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD IS!
Vision: HE HAS NIGHT VISION! AND DOUBLE ON MOUNTAINS! HE CAN SEE YOU!
Fuel: Always w/ backup rations. HE CAN KEEP GOING LOL!
Weapon 1: Shotgun
Ammo: 49750974357435689089689769876897698726987598+2
Best against: All Units/n00bs/people who post snipers.
Weapon 2: Another Shotgun
Ammo: 457234723856238905786576347560649736762763776071605506+6
Defence: YOU DIE! NOT HIM!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:18 am

No, thefalman is immovable, and shrugs apathetically.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:35 am

*Smacks Self*

Gah, of course!

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:39 am

Was my sniper really that bad? You can just forget I posted it. Sorry.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:49 am

While it's not the worst sniper I've seen, it's still a sniper. The fundamental problem with the sniper as a unit concept is that a balanced sniper has almost no purpose in the game. I mean, what's it for? It's only real application would be countering mech floods, and an infantry/artillery mix would do that far more effectively.

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:41 am

Possibly during the capturing phase, but you're right. Sorry, I don't want to be considered a n00b here. It would lower the sucess rate of my RP.

Back on topic, I have a couple of ideas on word. *digs up*

Name: Mega Turret
Type: Indirect Vehicle, Treads
Cost: 28000
Range: 4-7
Move: 1
Vision: 1
Fuel: 20
Approx. Defense: Equal to a Neotank
Primary Weapon: Rocket
Ammo: 9
Targets: Infantry, Vehicles, Ships, Subs
Approx. Strength: Equal to Rocket
Secondary Weapon: Machine Gun
Ammo: Free
Targets: (Counterattacks only) Infantry, Vehicles, Copters
Approx. Strength: Equal to tank
Other Effects: None

I came up with this when creating units only 1 CO could deploy. This was for Grit. It's very pricey, and its low movement, while indirects shouldn't move, means it's not great unless you're on an island map or defending you HQ.

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:40 am

Oops, tiny error. That unit can't move through forests or any natural terrian during AW2 weather. Make it 2 move.

Familyguyman

Post by Familyguyman » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:39 pm

Agent

8000G

Movement: 3- Mech
Vision: 3 + 3 on mountains

Weapon 1: C4 explosive
Damage = Tank explosive damage attack power

Weapon 2: Magnum
Damage = Recon attack power

Defense: That of a Mech

If it is on enemy properties, you gain 500G per turn for that property, the enemy gains 500G less from that building

Water Plane

15000G

In Air:

Movement: 7 - Air type
Vision: 5
Can transport 1 foot soldier

Machine gun
Damage = Infantry attack power vs land and air units, Cruiser damage vs sea units (not subs)

On Water

Movement: 7 - Waterplane type (can go on rivers*, sea, and shoals)
Vision: 5
Can transport 1 foot soldier

Weapon 1:
Torpedoes: sub's attack

Weapon 2:
Machine gun: Cruiser like vs other sea (not subs) units, infantry like vs air and land units

Defense:
In Air: that of a T-coptr
On Sea: That of a Black Boat

*Any foot soldier unit can cross with a movement cost of 1 and no terrain defense

Can convert from air to sea only if it is on a suitable tile, take up action phase (like capturing). Can convert back in the same way.

Well, that is all, tell me what you think.
Dan = Novacid
David = Me

Dan says:
I'm plenty smart
David says:
exactly
Dan says:
I just have a problem with laziness
David says:
duh
preaching to the chior man
Dan says:
That seems to be very common these days
IT'S AN EPIDEMIC
We'll find the cure later

I got the Annual CG292 Abrupt Topic Change Award.

MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:04 pm

Name: Seaplane
Type: Plane/Boat (Varies)
Cost: Undecided
Range: Melee
Move: 8 Air/6 Sea
Vision: 3
Fuel: 60
Approx. Defense: Slightly less than a Fighter
Primary Weapon: Torpedo (Only used while landed)
Ammo: 5
Targets: Ships (effective), Subs (effective)
Approx. Strength: Sub
Secondary Weapon: Vulcan Gun (Only used while airborne)
Ammo: Free
Targets: Infantry (effective), Vehicles (ineffective), Copters (effective), Planes (effective)
Approx. Strength: Between B Copter and A Air
Other Effects: The Seaplane, while deployed from airports and naturally a flying unit, has the ability to Land on water. While landed, it is a boat for all intents and purposes, burns only 2 units of fuel per turn, and can fire on other boats with its torpedoes; it can even fire on dived Subs. It remains a boat until it chooses to Take Off again. In the air, it burns 5 units of fuel a turn, and attacks with its Vulcan Gun, which is mostly effective against Copters and Infantry, although it is moderately effective against Fighters (3-4 damage) and Bombers (5-6 damage).
Mr. Self Destruct wrote:That is one thing you can say about Nintendo: love them or hate them, you can't argue the fact that a Gamecube is a viable form of offensive weaponry. It's like a freaking mace.

the geust

Make a Unit

Post by the geust » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:57 am

ADVANCE WARS UNITS,STRUCTURES,ANd OTHER STUFF

Seam Machine:
appearance:Large mechanical fish
armor:?
Move:1 land/infantry,5 water
life:unit
attacks:
PRIMARY:Oil Cannon:Ammo Is 20:Range Is 1-5 Squares in all directions:(More damage more weight)
Infantry 20%
Mech 35%
Recon 40%
Tank 60%
MD Tank 80%
Neo Tank 70%
APC 50%
Artillary 50%
Rocket 70%
Missile 60%
Secondary:Smack Tail:Range is 1 tile in all directions.
In + Mch = 50%
All Tanks = 10%
Appears when some pipe seams are destroyed.sometimes, an empty pipe seam on an end spawns 1.

Flying Fortress
cost:30,000(see what happens when it crashes)
Moves one, and is air.
Foot soldier gun:damages infantry,mechs,tanks, and all transports.Always 1hkos them.
fuel 99,uses 7 per turn.
when in air,can make up to two T-copters,if it crashes(runs out of fuel) on a plain next to a city(must be owned by the owner of the fortress), It becomes a Transport Tower.

Building:Tranport Tower
Makes APCs,T-copters,and Landers.
Note:For double the cost of the normal transport unit,you can make them have a infantry in them when made.

CO:Smanaha
Pros:
All transport units have +1 movement.
Recon have double damage against vehicles.
Cons:
All tanks and infantry have lower movement and damage.(-1 movement,Too bad for mech swarms eh?)
COP meter
xxxxXXXX
COP:Winding Blitz:All transport units(And Recon) can move +2 spaces, and can attack with the same weapon as a infantry(Recon can attack copters for double damage).
Quote:"Your back is open." "You don't guard your back do you." "We can get behind you and destroy."
SCOP:Thunder Flank(*shrug*):All transport units (and Recon) can move +3 spaces and can attack with the weapon of a mech(Recon can attack all units(including units stealthing or diving) for double damage).

Sleepnowinthefire

Post by Sleepnowinthefire » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 pm

mmmm....

SNIPER TEAM

the important bits:

Think an infantry unit with roughly equivalent to an md tanks defense on city, base and hq tiles also hidden while on these tiles.

NOT an indirect unit.

Sniper rifle does 95% damage to infantry and mechs, and about the same damage as a tanks cannon to other units (this represents chances of hitting exposed crew, fuel supplies, viewports, etc).

I picture an elite team of snipers hiding out in cities and engaging the enemy from deep cover and all directions.
shwat??

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 am

Sorry, you still get shot.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 am

By a sniper, of all things.

Fal, how much does that sniper you hired cost?

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:32 am

SNIPER UNIT

strong against:people who are trying to shoot people who try to invent a sniper.

*buys 50.*

Sleepnowinthefire

Post by Sleepnowinthefire » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:21 am

awww, but does anyone like et???
shwat??