Advance Wars: Online (AW:OL [pun!]), in 3D, by me...

-Design Maps
Show off your creative stuff here. Comics, units, maps, spritework or anything creative to do with Advance Wars.
Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:57 pm

Xenesis wrote:
Terragent wrote:Since CW has a large tourneytard following and is entirely browser-based, I would suspect that it has no battle animations.
CW's entirely Client based. It's the complete opposite of AWBW. <_<;
And that's what I get for talking about things I have no knowledge of. :P

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:19 pm

Pi_r_[]ed wrote:And as I leave you, I ask the question, what forum? I need max exposure, seriously. Point one of them out please.
I'm guessing something like this would go in either the Graphics section of Custom Wars or General Programming, but I'm not a CW frequenter, so if anyone else has a better suggestion, take it to mind.

As far as Advance Wars shorthand... I can't really think of much AW-specific terminology that has developed and relates to what you're working on, could you be more specific? The only really "obscure" one I can think if is DGR, which is a strategy involving using Colin's CO Power on successive days without spending money in between them. If that's the route you're going for, a number/number means a unit's offense and defense, respectively (IE, 100/100 is Andy, 110/100 is Hawke), D2D is shorthand for a CO's day-to-day ability (Sasha gets an extra 100 G for each funding building she owns D2D), S/COP is Super/Commanding Officer Power... Um... Dual Strikes and Tag Breaks are interchangeable, "Affinity" refers to the "stars" a CO has with another CO on their tags list, which grants them 5 positive luck. Luck's a random number added to the damage prediction... Then we get more into mechanics...

Custom armies... That's just a fanfiction type thing that people create for the heck of it. Since it's all home-based spritework, generally by teens to young adults, I doubt that there'd be any concept sketches for anything other than the COs.
CumulusCentral : It's dot-com!
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Pi_r_[]ed

Post by Pi_r_[]ed » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:35 pm

Yes, THANK YOU! Thats what I was looking for. See y'all on the other side!

(so much for that last post being my final one...)

Pi_r_[]ed

Post by Pi_r_[]ed » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:58 pm

No, no now this is my last post here. I've decided on the "features", considering it covers exactly the topic I need, being "Misc. Ideas and Concepts". Check me out there, and thanks for the support!

megamanjose

Post by megamanjose » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:09 pm

cool
AWBW