Same Characters, Different Games.

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
Halo Capella

Same Characters, Different Games.

Post by Halo Capella » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:31 pm

...I just brought them to DoR. The tech may not be the same but same to as some COs you know.

---------------------
Darcy - Lazurian

A former Lazurian, currently a Free Lancer. Emotional, sensible and would do anything to get the job done.

"I can't take a no from a loser."

Zone: 2
Effects: Ground Units, also terrain defense gives all units +5 firepower per star. (Ground-Defensive boosts)
Def**

COP: Bullseye: Perfect movement to all units.

-------------------
Kyla - NRA

An assassin who used to work under Greyfield. Cold and Cunning.

"Mind your own business..."

Zone: 3
Effects: Units with Capture and Loading ability. (Infantry-Defensive Boosts)
Atk*
Def****

COP: Crystal Clear: Attacking enemy over their own property will become neutral if able.

Last edited by Halo Capella on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:02 am, edited 8 times in total.

Halo Capella

Post by Halo Capella » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:05 am

More Characters! X3 like the manga-ka and other characters.

Ted - Wolves (i dunno...)

Another survivor, who keeps a promise from the death of his best friend, Lustre. His skills are never better than his talent.

"I won't stop here."

Zone: 3
Effects: All, also you gain +10% income from all properties. (Economic Effect)
*no extra boosts*

COP: Manga Style: You gain +30% funds from properties.

-----------------------------------
Ruby - Wolves

Lustre's friends, were young oracles before the destruction and now it's their responsibility. Ruby, the hot-headed one always has her other two sisters with her. Emerald and Sapphire.

"You won't like me when I'm angry!"

Zone: 0
Effect: 3 COs; Ruby boosts Ground, Saph boosts Sea and Emmy boosts Air. (Multiple-CO Boosts)
Atk**
Def**

*no power*

Last edited by Halo Capella on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 am

yikes Ruby is setting off warning bells

Tabitha is supposedly fair because of her minimal zone (or lack thereof completely); Ruby's CO units would be 160/160, if you have 3 infantry or bikes or a recon running around like that, they'll be a major pain. The early game potential is tremendous and you don't necessarily have to painstakingly choose where your CO unit should go since you get 3 of them.

Tabitha is also supposedly fair because her ability sticks her with a giant KILL ME sign because of COP potential. Admittedly this CO doesn't have a COP so the zone is stuck at 0, but somehow it seems too good. Interesting concept though.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:08 am

Dammit, I thought you were going to convert Old COs to AW:DoR. I may dod that, we got what COs would be like in Combat mode just fine.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Halo Capella

Post by Halo Capella » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:36 am

Update from changes.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:59 am

Darcy's ability to deploy into a unit anywhere may be too good, especially with a zone of 3 and a decent boost. I would go with a zone of 2 and get rid of the deploy-anywhere bit, or make it cost more than usual, but even then you're bound to have something cheap near the frontlines like an infantry or bike so you won't be down too much in funds. She's basically be an air Gage.

Kyla's infantry boost is sizable... but then defense has been nerfed and infantry aren't as useful as they were in past games. I suppose you can get a decent buff on meatshields as they're applicable but that's about it; the COP is limited as all DoR COPs are limited and instant-captures aren't very effective against most competent opponents. Maybe if there were some movement bonuses but otherwise it's rather weak. Being unable to see unit intel may be annoying with the (re)addition of ranks though.

Ted basically starts as a significantly weakened Forsythe. If it weren't for that COP I'd basically choose Forsythe et al. every time over this guy, but I'm not sure how strong it could be now that COPs are difficult to pull off; presumably if you make it to the halfway point of the bar you'll be in good shape to use it. Still it would depend on the number of production facilities on the map.

See previous Guest comment on Ruby. You sure you can't make them like twins or something and have the third sister a different CO? Otherwise you have 3 mini-Tabithas running around on the field, and if you lose one another can easily take its place. I guess this would depend on which is stronger, 2 (3) 160/160 units or 1 180/180 unit plus zone and COP possiblity.

Halo Capella

Post by Halo Capella » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 am

Update from all COs. Altho, some techs are familiar to you.

R3vi74liz3dS7urm

Re: Same Characters, Different Games.

Post by R3vi74liz3dS7urm » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:32 pm

This guy should be familiar to anyone who has played the first two Advance Wars games.

----------------
Sturm - IDS

A mysterious commander of unknown origins, Sturm is an enigma whose mere existence has attained Caulder's interest enough to make him an IDS commander.

"Such power. I regret crushing it."

CO Zone: 2
CO Effect: (Otherworldly Boost) All units, grants superior firepower and defense, all ground and naval units have a movement cost of 1 when going over any terrain passable by them even when they do not start their turn in the CO Zone.
Atk****
Def****

COP: Airlock: sets weather to 'clear' for two turns.

Victory Quote:
"My name is Sturm. Hear it and tremble."