War Room High Scores & Strategy

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
ALAKTORN

Re: War Room High Scores & Strategy

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 am

the list in the first post is horribly outdated, one example being that every CO has 7 days on Sole Harbor except for Kanbei

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 am

Well. There goes my pride lol.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Haha. Yeah.

(Quick, do the AW2 Hack! :P )
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:52 pm

DxDyDzD wrote:New high score.
Silo Nation Kanbei 7/300
I managed 7/300 with all the other COs as well.
Basically 2 APC rush, it took me a long time to figure that out because I always went 1 APC + 1 Recon/Tank. The only Recon you build is to decoy the enemy Recon away from its HQ so that you can kill it for Power and keep your capturing inf safe.

Code: Select all

D1:
Build infs in NW & S.

D2:
S Inf 1N 1E, cap.
Build APC in NE.

D3:
Finish cap.
NW inf 3E, load, APC 6E, drop N.
Build APC in NE.
Save.

Enemy D3:
Recon must move 3S 5W.

D4:
Road inf 1N 2E, attack inf.
Road APC 1N 2E.
City inf 3N, load, APC 6E, drop N.
Build Recon in NE.

Enemy D4:
Art must move 1S 3W.

Day 5:
10HP Inf 2E, load, APC 1S 5E, drop E.
Other APC 3E.
Recon 1N 4E.
Damaged inf attack inf OR move 1S.
Build Mechs in NW & NE.
Save.

Enemy Day 5:
West APC must not be attacked from E.

Day 6:
Cap HQ, use APCs to cover inf N & W.

If Recon attacked NW Mech:
NE Mech 1S 1E.
Recon 2S 4W.

If Recon attacked NE Mech:
Recon 2S 3W, attack Recon.
Damaged Mech 1E.
NW Mech 2E.

Build Mech NE.

Day 7:
Destroy both Recons.
Build 2 units.
Cap HQ.
On day 3 the enemy never cooperates in my instance, should note that if it doesnt, you should restart the map.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 am

fcastro wrote:2) Ok. For Hachi I hope it can be impossible as his COP is too long to charge ^^ but I maintain that Grimm could have some chances, ofc with insanest luck XD Well fortunately it looks impossible for now.

1) I'm currently in a run that should end in 287, but I'll finish it only later. (Edit: it was 291)
As there are so many possible ways, I will try to sum them up and maybe we'll be able to see it more clearly soon. And I didnt find a better way for Sonja...

D1: 2 infs. South is for catching SW base, north is for the silos (east silo if we dont want Sonja's inf attacking urs near HQ).

D2: 2 APCs

D3: 2 infs, shot Sami. There are 4 possibilities for shooting 2 infs, but the point is that apparently u must shot north west inf, otherwise he will later load in APC instead of mech. Also note that we could eventually wait d4 for shooting this inf but it didnt show any benefit.
So the best choice seems to shot both west infs.

D4: 2 Recons. Apparently it's not good to shoot Sami now as we later want a 4 hp APC (so a recon can kill it and free the way), however it's possible to get APC out of our way...

D5: For Sonja we drop on road, as I said I didnt find better way.
For Sami we have 3 possibilities to drop inf from APC: west, north and south. I usually drop north to avoid my APC getting attacked (so he'll later survive to mech attack, but note that he can survive 6 hp inf + mech attack), normally inf isnt attacked.
We also have various possibilites to shoot Sami, the best is to shoot the south infs. Also if we can force MD Tank to move 2S on city by shooting him, but note that it's not necessary.

D5 enemy: Usually Md Tank moves randomly south, but if u previously shot him he will always move on city, and so injured inf wont go there. It's good because an inf on this city would be very dangerous for ur HQ inf at next day. Also the question is whether the mech will be dropped from APC or not, I think its linked with if u shot or not the most south inf...
And ofc Sonja makes 4 hp to ur inf.

D6: There are various situations but the plan is clear: shoot Sami as much as u can, and free the way. Also try to hit Sonja's injured inf to 1 hp with recon.

D6 enemy: If u shot Md Tank, Sami has built 2 mechs, they will kill the APC. Your HQ inf can also be hit to 1 hp by being attacked by 3 hp and 10 hp inf. The big question now is to know, when there is only one mech (ie if u didnt shoot Md Tank) if inf will prefer killing 1 hp APC or attacking ur HQ inf. Apparently HQ inf is ignored when he got attacked by 3 hp inf...

D7: Charge as much as u can! :wink:
What map is this? (sorry for double post)

Slazzy

Post by Slazzy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 am

How to get the highest scores as on Cyberscore? Any of them needed.
--[Olaf]--

Description: What do you get if Santa Claus dyes his beard and changes
his clothes? OK, enough jokes,

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 pm

New CO score: Kita Straight 2.5 7/300 with everyone except Kanbei. (played it with Rachel only, but even Grit gets it easily)

AI must send Recon+Tank on the south of our island, so that we can kill them with tank, recon and also 2 mechs (sent by BB).
I think it is mostly the same strat that was used in the old Sami strat, the difference being deleting one unit to prevent AI protecting HQ.
I let you find which buildings and AI moves are required on D2-D3 :wink:

This gave hope to improve Kita Straight 2.0 (current fastest score is 6/276), we'd need to try all possible manips.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 am

awesome job fidel :)

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Got Kita 7/300 all-CO. Very ingenious; a D2 inf is used to manipulate AI build, then deleted on D5 to prevent the enemy from building an Inf near its HQ.

Another achievement:
Twin Isle 8/300 all except Kanbei, Grimm, Grit (?), Colin (?)
http://s885.beta.photobucket.com/user/D ... sort=3&o=0

A lot of luck is needed, it's much easier on an emulator with savestates.
APC sacrifices itself to protect capturing Inf.
On emulator I killed Inf + Neo for Power, but on console I killed Tank + Inf (in the center) for Power.

So yeah, I'm still alive, still play this game occasionally. :D

STL

Post by STL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 am

Nice to see you around DxDyDzD :D

I also got new perfect COs when I played a month ago.

Risky Vale 6/300 with Sami and Andy
The strat was very different to lucky COs, with them we used many Recons and closed as many of Kanbei's bases as we can (3 or 4).
In the new strat we leave every base open and allow him to build a NE Tank which is then killed by 2 Mechs. Sami uses COP and Andy SCOP, Andy's +5 heal is actually very helpful here so he isn't much harder than Sami.
Rachel will probably find a way with her SCOP too, but it needs work.

Slazzy

Post by Slazzy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:43 am

the pic doesnt work
--[Olaf]--

Description: What do you get if Santa Claus dyes his beard and changes
his clothes? OK, enough jokes,

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 am

Slazzy wrote:the pic doesnt work
Works fine.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Kouzou

Post by Kouzou » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 am

To DxDyDzD,about Twin Isle:
I've seen that pic and i still don't believe it.How did you get that infantry there so fast while avoiding the Neotank and enemy infantries and tanks? I try to do this and that Neotank always blow up my loaded APC.To think you did that in only 8 days,it's fantastic! Congratulations on your feat.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 am

You only need to avoid the Neo and 2 Tanks. Avoiding the Neo is easy. The tough bit is, as soon as the Tanks are built, their movements are fixed. If you save and reload when you regain control, those Tanks will do the same thing every time. Thus you need to "blindsave": save and hope that the Tank movements are correct, and restart the map entirely if they aren't. It's easier on an emulator because you can make savestates.

Once you get the Tanks down the rest of the map is simple, because the AI will build Art and then Mech (this is also influenced by you capturing the S city, if you don't, he builds Rockets), which can't attack your capturing Inf. The Art covers your capturing Inf. It's an AI exploit, the AI is programmed to move indirects last.

D2D:

Code: Select all

Twin Isle 8/300

Day 1:
Build Inf N, APC S.

Day 2:
Load Inf, APC 1S 5E.
Build Recon S.
Save.

Enemy Day 2:
Inf must cap N city.

Day 3:
APC 4S, drop S.
Recon 1S 7E.

Day 4:
Inf 2S, cap city.
APC 3S 3W.
Recon 5S.
Blindsave.

Enemy Day 4:
Neo must move NW.
APC must move SW.

Day 5:
*BLINDSAVE CHECK* Recon 3S 5W, then end. If both Tanks move NW, proceed, otherwise restart the entire map.
Finish city cap.
APC 1S 5E.
Recon 3S 5W.
Build 2 Tanks.
Save and do not overwrite until you finish the map.

Day 6:
*CHECK* Move both Tanks just outside of Neo range and see what happens. Use the information to decide what to kill for Power. Reload Day 5 save.
Recon hit Inf from N.
Load Inf, APC 5E, drop E.

Power
If Neo moves towards your HQ: Recon 3HKOs S Inf. D6 build Mech+Art, D7 build S Tank+Mech. Enemy Neo attacks S Tank, kill Neo with Art+4 Tanks/Mechs.
If Neo moves away from HQ: D6 build Recon+Tank, D7 build whatever. Kill 2 units in the center area.
Grimm: Neo must move away from HQ (move D5 Tanks 2 spaces each), Tank must move towards HQ. Recon 2HKOs S APC. D6 build Mech + Art, D7 build whatever. Enemy Tank attacks road Tank, kill Tank with Art.

Enemy Day 6:
Art must move 1N of HQ.

Day 7:
Cap HQ.
Move APC 1N 3E.

Day 8:
Kill units for Power.
Build units for Tech.
Cap HQ.
Other Twin scores:
Grit, Colin, Grimm 8/300
Yes, the above strat works with these 3 COs. Grimm preserves Tech by allowing the Neo to move away from his bases. I thought Colin and Grit would have problems with Power because their Tank attack is less than 100, but Colin can build more units and Grit's Art has 120 attack.
Kanbei 10/300
This one involves building a ton of Recons and getting them shot to 1HP by the enemy Neo, so that you can charge your SCOP. Inf on HQ under SCOP takes 0 damage from all attacks. You have to lead the Neo to the northeast corner using your Recons, and kill 2 Tanks with 2 Mechs+Tank (I think).

Kouzou

Post by Kouzou » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

Lol,you were even so kind to post a D2D strategy for Twin Isle.How nice of you!I tested it and it worked like a charm.Just had to reset a lot of times.Thank you very much!I'll redo Twin Isle,this time by my own like i did with many other War Room maps.My records aren't nearly as good as yours,but it was fun to play.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 am

Played a few more maps and achieved some individual CO records.
Twin Isle Kanbei 9/300
Sole Harbor (all) 7/300
Moji Island all except Grimm, Kanbei 9/300 <- 3 day capture
Moji Island Andy 8/300

I also have 7/300 on Moji with Sami but I copied a guide for that :p

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:12 am

^Those are 2.5 records? Do we have a topic for individual CO records…? I don’t remember. We had charts on Cyberscore but I think they were removed.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 am

Yep, 2.5.

I have my own spreadsheet for records, updated with new ones (I didn't have Fortress Isle, Risky Vale, Risky Duo routs previously):
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51 ... hart-1.png

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:32 pm

More scores.

Spann Island:
Grit 6/300
Drake 6/300
Kanbei 7/300
Grit's strat is a rout with 2 Arts.
Drake's strat is a capture. Works with all bland COs, although they can rout in 5.
Kanbei's strat is the same as Drake's, but the capture takes 3 days instead because the Inf will get attacked.

Moji Island:
Nell, Jugger, Flak 8/300
Max, Kanbei, Grimm 9/300
Luck COs' strat (originally from swifty) is a rout, Recon + Recon + Inf every day.
I originally forgot to exclude Max because his Rockets can't cover the west base, but I managed to win with him anyway.

Pivot Isle:
Kanbei 9/300
HQ Capture. Cap the airport and use a TCop to send in the Inf. Probably improvable if you use APC + Inf instead, but that means fewer Recons/Tanks to attack.

Some AI exploits:
1) The enemy AI seems to build Recons based on the number of Infs you have. E.g. Spann, if you have 2 Infs on Day 2 it will build a Recon, but if you only have 1, it builds a Mech. Same for Moji, if you have 3 Infs on Day 3 it builds a Recon, but if you have 2 or 1, it builds Mech + Inf.
2) The AI tracks the units that it can attack if it builds out of a certain base. Pivot was the first discovery of this, I believe - on Day 4 you move the Recon 1E so that the AI doesn't build a Tank (I think?). I found this when playing Moji, on Day 4, the Recon in the back needs to move 2S and no further. That leaves it 6 squares from the west base and the AI will build a Tank there instead of S or E.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 am

DxDyDzD wrote:More scores.
Some AI exploits:
1) The enemy AI seems to build Recons based on the number of Infs you have. E.g. Spann, if you have 2 Infs on Day 2 it will build a Recon, but if you only have 1, it builds a Mech. Same for Moji, if you have 3 Infs on Day 3 it builds a Recon, but if you have 2 or 1, it builds Mech + Inf.
2) The AI tracks the units that it can attack if it builds out of a certain base. Pivot was the first discovery of this, I believe - on Day 4 you move the Recon 1E so that the AI doesn't build a Tank (I think?). I found this when playing Moji, on Day 4, the Recon in the back needs to move 2S and no further. That leaves it 6 squares from the west base and the AI will build a Tank there instead of S or E.
the first I knew about, the second I probably tried to manipulate randomly, but it’s pretty interesting to know how it works

I have no idea where the records for this game with unused COs usually stood so I can’t awe at your records… I wonder where STL went

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 pm

The interesting thing is, the AI will build something to attack regardless of terrain. In Moji for example, when I put the Recon 6 squares of the west base, it can't actually be attacked by a Tank because of the Sea tiles in between, but the AI builds a Tank there anyway.

I also got Egg Islands Eagle 8/300 recently, the trick is to make the AI build a Md Tank in the east base 2 days in a row. The first time, you need to leave a Recon on the Plains (if you put it further away, like on the Forest, the AI builds Rockets instead). I believe that's also the second method in action, the Plains is exactly 5 squares from the east base.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:04 am

Back in Dec 2009 a bunch of The Trident D2Ds were posted (Hachi/Sasha, Colin, Adder, Koal) but I didn’t see the one for Jake, Jess, Grimm, Grit, Hawke, Von Bolt, Sonja, Sensei, Lash, Nell, Jugger, and Flak, (aka 105 Ind/Plains Atk) so I’ve made a video of it using Sonja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVtsV-AcbM. I’ve also found a different Koal strategy but it requires more luck than what DxD does so I don’t know if I’ll vid it.

Sami also gets an imperfect 8D win but I found no D2D of that.

Edit: Got all the records except Sami’s now, and mine were all a little different from the D2Ds. I had no Technique problems in I think all of them so I didn’t have to build extra units, except with Adder with whom I lost a Mech and an Inf. My TC actually kept 1HP and survived; I was still able to charge by having my Mech countered to 6HP (I also put the E Inf to 2HP and it still suicided).

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Banker Hills 1.0 5/300 with Colin + Flak. Proof of concept done on emulator with RNG cheatcodes, I captured the “RNG viewer” in the video so you can follow along with what happens luck-wise. I calculated Brawler to give better chances than Star Power, but it might be different with different strategies, and it’s hard to know exactly which is best in the first place anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQDQpDrmfs

I’ll play it for real on DS as soon as I get the chance… I also recorded 9 minutes of The Trident with Adder, but never got the 2/3HP Inf to suicide for Power. It must’ve changed its AI to Defense or something, because on an earlier day it moved before the BC, but when suiciding it literally never happened, and I think it never suicides only under Defense AI.

Edit: Sasha would get it with Bruiser + Road Rage if Hachi didn’t COP D5. She uses 3 Recons to kill Tank and has AI Recon attack then suicide on a 7.0HP Recon of ours, double suicide D5. Nell gets it with a Plains v Plains D5 suicide.

Edit: Got 5/300 Flak on DS. :) The D3 suicide surprisingly only took like 5 minutes, but D4 and D5 took a very long time. 3 hours total. My visuals helped out, AI’s D4 ended with me having a 8HP and 7HP Recon, so I had to attack the Tank to 8.4–8.1HP and get hit back down to 2HP in order to charge. Flak’s COP 10HP Recon max damage is 54%, so after Silo it’s barely enough.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:33 am

Sensei is ridiculous even in the War Room :lol:
Image Image
Sonja lost her HQ on Day 10 and Lash got routed on Day 13. Inf flood ftw

AlmightyangelGabriel

22day little lion rout world record-can you beat it?

Post by AlmightyangelGabriel » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:23 am

ww.warsworldnews.com IRC | So much for "Hard": https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Orez3P3cdO
Topic set by Xenesis!Xenesis@ARG-zOmBiE-0rb.rk6.211.118.IP on Mon Apr 04 2016 01:11:38 GMT+0200 (CEST)
<mib_n3m4vr>: Little lion 22day rout. World record
<Linky>: little lion
<Linky>: is that war room
<mib_n3m4vr>: Yes
<Linky>: btw sven
<Linky>: when is top 32 melee?
<mib_n3m4vr>: I guarantee noone will beat it
<mib_n3m4vr>: Or even equal it
<Linky>: buddy are you from the bible
<mib_n3m4vr>: Not a single wrong move or luckroll
<Linky>: if you're not an archangel I'm not interested
<mib_n3m4vr>: Iam
<Linky>: nah really dude
<Linky>: good job
<Linky>: not a war room guy
<Linky>: do post it in the wwn war room forum
<mib_n3m4vr>: ?
<Linky>: if it's true people will give you praise
<Linky>: here
<Linky>: is that dual strike
<Linky>: http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewforum.php?f=12
<mib_n3m4vr>: Yes. Post it.
<Linky>: check out the high scores there
<Linky>: nah you do it bruh you take the credit
<Linky>: it's YOUR achievement
<Linky>: you're the man
<Linky>: it allows geust posting if you don't wanna register
<Linky>:
<mib_n3m4vr>: Sounds impressive, my score, huh? Since It's perfected
<Linky>: absolutely
<mib_n3m4vr>: Find your magic and post it
<mib_n3m4vr>: But if i go to wwn forum, this chat will shut down for me

I have proof. I challenge you to beat it or even equal it. Beware though, you are competing against His Excellency gabriel Himself (im sure of that; you'll believe it when you realize noone can beat it or even tie it). It is said little lion is the hardest war room map, especially to rout.

MoultingPhoenix

Post by MoultingPhoenix » Sun May 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello! I know this isn't a particularly good score but I just beat Moji Island 2.0 15/300! I used Olaf with the skills: Icebreaker, Prairie Dog, Pathfinder & Star Power. This is my first war room 300, im p excited :)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 am

MoultingPhoenix wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:47 pm
Hello! I know this isn't a particularly good score but I just beat Moji Island 2.0 15/300! I used Olaf with the skills: Icebreaker, Prairie Dog, Pathfinder & Star Power. This is my first war room 300, im p excited :)
Heh, welcome to the path?

Good luck with further runs. It gets easier after the first.

HisExlcyangelGabriel

cc, lil lion & rigde island

Post by HisExlcyangelGabriel » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 am

lityle lion is almost impossible withou sasha, ridle isle is almost impossible without eagle and a certain strat. i also beat CC without sasha, wiyhout skills, and 1 co per army (also sucky co's, except colin, i guess).also, check my usermame.

2,5... i guarantee its really tough to equal, and impossible 2 beat.

moji 12/299 rout

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:06 pm

stop fudge spamming you arse

HisExclyangelGabriel

Post by HisExclyangelGabriel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 am

moji 12/299 rout 2,5. i guarantee its really tough to equal, and impossible 2 beat. didnt spam. ridge island & little lion are almost impossible as described above & without early HQ cap. why was i banned at the irc?

HisExclyangelGabriel

Post by HisExclyangelGabriel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:01 am

Web 3,85? O_o

HisExclyangelGabriel

Post by HisExclyangelGabriel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:04 am

got 17/300 hq cap point stormy 2,5, 22/297 rout 2,5, both non-early hq cap, obviously. really tough to beat.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 am

1) stop spamming
2) loving this lack of proof kiddo

HisExlcyangelGabriel

Post by HisExlcyangelGabriel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:38 am

Silo Nation 12/300 rout kanbei WITHOUT skills