Last mission, DoR

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
daisy

Last mission, DoR

Post by daisy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:34 am

Note: European version. Either the guide on the WWN site is inaccurate with unit placements (It thinks I have one extra infantry on day 2/3) or the EU version is slightly different.

I can take out the two lasers on the left and right easy, however by that point the southeast base has usually fallen. By the time I'm in a position to attack the centre, the base in question has been pumping out units and I'm facing a HQ cap. There's only so much I can do when he gets 2 free units a turn and that fudge mortar hits my Bombers every time they get in range of the centre.

wat do?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: Last mission, DoR

Post by Xenesis » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:20 am

Could be possible in the site move we somehow put up the 1.0 version of that guide DTaeKim wrote (which did have some errors). Although if there's a missing infantry in the EU version, that's weird and no one's noticed it before. I know the correct guide works because I tested it on my (US) cartridge.

The conventional way to do this mission is to basically bait Caulder/Stolos' CO unit to do a dance and just bumrush everything while you kill stuff. It's basically a harder version of AW2's TFB.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

daisy

Re: Last mission, DoR

Post by daisy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:58 am

Done. 23 days lol.

The AI is dumb. It had two options - kill my bomber that was about to hit the laser and win me the game, or kill the 4hp fighter.

It went for the 4hp fighter.