Donald Trump

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
daisy

Re: Donald Trump

Post by daisy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:42 am

I'm taking a break from here for a while. It's probably not wise to be talking politics in the middle of exam season.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:36 pm

I had other stuff I said and had typed up and ready, but I'm gonna cut right to the point.
If someone cannot even say they prefer Trump *as the least worst option* without being personally attacked, I think that says volumes about who the real fascists are here.
I hope that everyone here sees this as an own goal.
"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:46 pm

can any americans comment on the worst case scenarios for social rights in states like say, california or new york? how much can your government take away?
So! Depends on what you mean by social rights. It's important to understand that social rights are only important through an economic lens. Gays had to get married so that they could tie their finances to each other. Black people are murdered largely because our municipal systems incentivize police to try to hunt down cars so that fine money can pay municipal budgets.

Gay marriage is not going away. The Supreme Court could reverse Roe v Wade somehow, which would be huge, but I see this is possible but unlikely (the political repercussions would be absolutely fudge staggering).

Put simply, if you're a member of the middle class or above, you will not be hit SUPER HARD by all of this.

But that's not the point. Here are the points, and the media talks about basically none of them.

Health options will shrink immensely despite Trump being unable to repeal two elements of it (the ability to be under your parents' insurance through age 25 and insurance companies being unable to disqualify you for preexisting conditions). This will affect the poor pretty fudge deeply in what was already a pretty horrible setup under Obamacare. Medicare will be gutted, this will be horrible.

If you're an indigenous person among your people, you're going to have a bunch of oil pipelines from Canada built through your land, contaminating your water and constantly threatening spillage and contamination. This is already happening, but it's about to become much, much worse.

The ability to protest in America is about to become even more of a joke than what we saw in Ferguson, with a POTUS whose operatives are very, very, very interested in answering BlackLivesMatter movements with force. This relates to New York, and imagining the Eric Garner protests under a Trump administration is difficult to even think about.

I could go on! If you have any questions about what will happen with specific stuff, I can totally talk about those. But:

Here's the biggest reason Bogan is wrong: At least Hillary would continue on with some weak-ass barely-progress on climate change (and yeah, she's SUPER crumpets on so many issues there). With Trump, literally any progress being made will be eradicated, fully embracing the incoming disasters. This is pretty much the ultimate thing.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:50 pm

I don't really give a crumpets about Bog's ranting on Hillary and Trump and whatever. I don't particularly like Hillary either (but she isn't Trump and the fact that Bog can't seem to understand that frustrates me, but whatever, he's not American).

I just am pissed that he finds our "butthurt" "hilarious" and the way he started mocking a strawman that doesn't really exist on this forum (the rabid Hillary Clinton fan). So for the record, it wasn't what you said, it's how you said it. You just picked one hell of a topic to be an asshole about. Personal attacks tend to happen when you're a dick.

(And this is why I'm ignoring Bog. Even a bit of quoted sentence was enough to send me off. It's for everyone's good I have as little interaction with him as possible right now)
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:20 pm

wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:45 am

daisy wrote:She wanted a no-fly zone in Syria. That means shooting down Russian jets. Russia is a nuclear power. Kaboom.
He is boasting about his contacts with Taiwan. That means historically pissing China off. China is a nuclear power. Kaboom?

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:46 am

So uh

did this guy ever say what he's gonna do if mexico simply refuses to pay for the wall

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 am

i believe it's called lying
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:51 am

no it's called alternative facts now

sorry, gallows humor
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:34 pm

So the TPP is dead.

...I seriously thought my country was going to the short end of the stick while the US was going to benefit the most.

Oh god I agree with Donald Trump
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:27 pm

TPP was gonna screw everyone that wasn't America.

I think everyone's glad about that one apart from America.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:38 am

Xenesis wrote:TPP was gonna screw everyone that wasn't America.

I think everyone's glad about that one apart from America.
Quite a lot of people are happy about the TPP being taken down actually. Most of the people that were pushing for it either didn't know what it really did or stood to benefit greatly from it. Contrary to popular belief, most everyday Americans care about other people, including those in other countries.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:03 am

i'm glad but extremely suspicious
wisdom

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:01 am

Yeah, I definitely don't mind the loss of the TPP, just don't delude yourselves for a moment that Trump was doing it for the rest of the world- he had just managed to convince himself that it was the absolute worst deal for america ever (i mean, besides all those other absolute worst deals ever), and was putting America First.

So don't worry Linkman, you only agree with his result, not his rationale. : )

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:33 am

Yeah, I figure most people who live there either don't care about the deal or are sceptical.

I just know corporate America is gonna be pissed. They were finally gonna get the American style IP/Patent laws spread throughout a dozen new countries.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:39 am

Trudeau accepting refugees denied at the US. Beautiful and caring, the man is a beast.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:53 am

other than his terrible treatment of natives and support of the napl
wisdom

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:54 am

Half-beast, half-evil beast?

:( fudge world sucks.

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:53 pm

scraggypunk wrote:other than his terrible treatment of natives and support of the napl
thank you so much deoxy i am so fudge sick of everyone sucking off trudeau

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:01 pm

yeah turns out paying attention is important
wisdom

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Trudeau is Canada's Disney prince. And like all Disney princes, it turns out that he's actually kind of a fudge dick.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 pm

I'd make a much better Canadian prince in any case.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:40 pm

i'd vote for you
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:09 pm

When trees attack.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:29 pm

scis for canadian emperor 2017
wisdom

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri May 12, 2017 10:44 pm

When I'm studying branches of goverment(among some other things) for a exam, and in the present the US executive branch is nearing meldown. Just as I'm grasping a but better how things are supposed to be according to it's design. It's getting surreal.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat May 13, 2017 3:34 am

all empires fall, dragonite my dear
wisdom

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat May 13, 2017 5:35 am

scraggypunk wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 3:34 am
I would hope so. If there's any dirt of him, chances are the FBI is annoyed enough to dig it up faster. And the timing was bad enough, but the whole ''I'll leak tapes'' nonsense is a whole new level of crumpets. Why take those risk if you're not hiding something? Still, I do fear Trump hasn't done anything with Russia direct enough to get rid of him, and the whole deal is just him being that incompetent and chaotic. Anyway, not a bad time to be in politics I guess... I've never watched any fictional white house drama, and at this rate, I never will.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Dragonite wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 5:35 am
scraggypunk wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 3:34 am
I would hope so. If there's any dirt of him, chances are the FBI is annoyed enough to dig it up faster. And the timing was bad enough, but the whole ''I'll leak tapes'' nonsense is a whole new level of crumpets. Why take those risk if you're not hiding something? Still, I do fear Trump hasn't done anything with Russia direct enough to get rid of him, and the whole deal is just him being that incompetent and chaotic. Anyway, not a bad time to be in politics I guess... I've never watched any fictional white house drama, and at this rate, I never will.
Indeed, there is no point in watching fiction if it happens in real life anyway.
My sig is a void.