Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi guys,

Believe it or not, but in less than a month, WWN celebrates its 10th birthday. The notable date is the 21st of March.

Of course, this is the occasion for a grand party. But, we don't really have anything secretly planned.

I don't want to let this slip by unnoticed, so tell me what you think would be a cool way to celebrate our birthday.

Possible ideas:
Round up old members for a reunion
Big IRC live event, perhaps large-scale mafia
Have Gip set up a WGDQ (War Games Done Quick) event
Actual real-life events
????? (your idea??)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Re: 10

Post by monkymeet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:29 pm

we announce CW 2.0

now with 300% more bureaucracy and theory-crafting!
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm

The good thing is that the 21st is on a Saturday, so it might just be the right moment to go all-out, haha.

Don't plan anything else that day!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Sorry, already have.

Honeymoon, etc. etc. :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:59 pm

Xenesis wrote:Sorry, already have.

Honeymoon, etc. etc. :P
Psssh, clearly celebrating the anniversary of a backwater internet community website is more important than getting married and going on a fantastic honeymoon.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:00 am

WWN was really xen's ten year seduction plan confirmed

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:35 am

Wuh Wuh Enn is so cute
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:41 am

Tracking down members seems fun.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:28 am

yes nothing is more fun than e-stalking
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:32 am

IRL things would be nigh impossible to do, since everyone here is literally around the world. There are only a few members who are close to each other (Me and Joey, Bog and someone that I can't remember, Satel and Airnike(obviously)) I like the idea of trying to get some of the oldies back in here and doing a massive IRC hangout.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:13 am

WWN FUN FACTS:

Did you know WWN's youngest member at time of joining was Terrorboy--along 10 years old?

Did you know if WWN were a turtle, it would be of mating age?

Did you know WWN is the last of its kind, and therefore has no-one to mate with?

Did you know that WWN endorses abuse of power so long as it doesn't impinge on romhack discussion?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:25 am

I AM A FUN AND A FACT.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:39 am

Linkman wrote:WWN FUN FACTS:

Did you know WWN's youngest member at time of joining was Terrorboy--along 10 years old?

Did you know if WWN were a turtle, it would be of mating age?

Did you know WWN is the last of its kind, and therefore has no-one to mate with?
The marriage with Custom Wars sadly ended in a divorce...

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:41 am

Also, I'm sure we can round up a bunch of Europeans and go partyhard somewhere. I'd be up for it.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:35 am

we're all old
the dream

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:58 am

Important: I have still only ever played AW2
Make good choices

JSRulz

Post by JSRulz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:07 am

monkymeet wrote:we announce CW 2.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 8)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am

JSRulz wrote:
monkymeet wrote:we announce CW 2.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 8)
And this time it's coded in fudge.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:21 am

I actually should try to meet up with HPD once, should be extremely easy figure something decent out, us being Dutchies. ... I'm still going to be shy regardless, aren't I?

Also got plans to visit England again to meet up with some people. Technically Terror has already met me since I somehow ended up with a school trip departing from his hometown on bikes, and he being late at the perfect moment to see the odd invasion of bikes. And he recognized me in the crowd. I'm still skeptical about that since it's just so damn amazing that actually happened without planning it.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:41 am

gip and i should run an AW stream where all he does is crumpets the old games and all i do is crumpets DoR

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 am

Happy early birthday, Wuh Wuh Ehn! I wish I could participate more directly in the festivities, but if WWN's a sitcom, then I'm that loveable character introduced in the second season just as the show's hitting its stride. I guess what I'm saying is, I've been here nearly from the beginning, y'all already love me, and y'all already know that I love you each in your own special way.

I hope this place is still here in ten years' time.

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 am

do you remember where you were 10 years ago? do you remember how you found wwn? do you remember love?

I founded it.

(or at least helped)

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:32 am

I only came here six years ago. But I was here for the fifth birthday. And I hope to be here for the fifteenth.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Pkdragon wrote:yes nothing is more fun than e-stalking
i presume by rounding up simply just means sending an email to last known address/PM to all accounts which may appear in inboxes
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Don't be silly. We'll be hiring bounty hunters to track them down and chain them to computers so they can participate in whatever we are doing.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Treedweller wrote:Happy early birthday, Wuh Wuh Ehn! I wish I could participate more directly in the festivities, but if WWN's a sitcom, then I'm that loveable character introduced in the second season just as the show's hitting its stride. I guess what I'm saying is, I've been here nearly from the beginning, y'all already love me, and y'all already know that I love you each in your own special way.

I hope this place is still here in ten years' time.
i imagine you affect every place you go like this
ten years from now some petrol station is like "remember that time treedweller bought some gum? good times"
the dream

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 pm

kiwi wrote:do you remember where you were 10 years ago? do you remember how you found wwn? do you remember love?
gonna save the nostalgia for the 10 year mark topic or whatever lol. but yes i remember. i remember everything.
---
treedweller i need you, deoxy and silifi to help me bully a child with asperger's syndrome and a furry into relinquishing their mod and admin positions in custom wars. we also need them to implement

D E M O C R A C Y
E
M
O
C
R
A
C
Y

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

i don't remember doing that
the dream

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:21 pm

to be fair you may have only ruled the system with an iron fist

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:43 pm

I don't remember that either. I only remember establishing the opposite of democracy during my brief reign as Caliph Treed. I was the first and only Islamic leader among all Advance Wars fansites.

Man I was a terrible guy.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Twelve Boats wrote:i imagine you affect every place you go like this
ten years from now some petrol station is like "remember that time treedweller bought some gum? good times"
Sccccccciiiiiiissss, you da sweetest.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Treedweller wrote:I don't remember that either. I only remember establishing the opposite of democracy during my brief reign as Caliph Treed. I was the first and only Islamic leader among all Advance Wars fansites.

Man I was a terrible guy.
are you telling me all the people i worked with to bring DEMOCRACY to the people aren't the people i remember!?!

okay.

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Pkdragon wrote:yes nothing is more fun than e-stalking
PK knows where it's at.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:22 pm

admittedly i have a pretty terrible memory
the dream

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm here.
BUY GOLD

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:18 am

Impressive.

Giant IRC part sounds fun. Especially when it's a Saturday night. I totally should get some beer to get myself half-drunk.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 am

Custom Wars. The only place known to have drafted a constitution for a video game.

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 am

please tell me i didn't write it and that it was silifi

please

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:57 am

I think it was mostly Silifi, yeah.

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 am

this is the fourth republic of custom wars yeeeeeeeeeeeee